+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: GTA: San Andreas Sex Scene Easter Egg - Bold move or big mistake?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default GTA: San Andreas Sex Scene Easter Egg - Bold move or big mistake?

I was kinda hoping the days of seeing video game boxes being shaken in the 'outraged' fists of hopped up politicians were behind us. What are your opinions on this new development? Savvy PR stunt? The work of nefarious hackers from the Netherlands? Monumental blunder playing into the hands of family values 'conservatives' (who tend to just as often be donkeys as they are elephants these days)? Or should we learn to accept that some games ARE rated mature...

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: GTA: San Andreas Sex Scene Easter Egg - Bold move or big mistake?

isn't it Miss.Clinton,that trying to do all this shit?...

ohh,and it's nice to have ya giys back ....

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

well its definately not a game for kids and its funny to see how people become more outraged over nudity than the violent content of the game. shooting police got them riled up but the last straw had to be a cartoon sex scene

well,to be honest.....i actually DO dispise that game....

but that's just becuse at least 2/3rds of the people i've met that play it,are complete fucking dicks.....

BUT i still think it's the right to make the game.....

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

dude, you guys have no idea how many hours I have spent online trying to figure out which game system has the most nudey and sex related cheats on it. Im all for games having sex scenes as lon a sit's interactive anf un....like ganguro girl.......think I'll play around actually...lol and yeh, politicians will be politicians. remember when ice t made that song cop killer and then they had himfor breakfast?

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

family values are starting to take hold again. its not the first time nor will it be the last. the one good thing that comes from a swing to the right is that there is usually a strong up rise against it. the only thing is, it doesnt get us anywhere by protesting. the only thing you can do is vote out the curent administration. people will start seeing thier freedoms disappear lil by lil and get feed up. I have been feed up for years with people who say "we need to do this to protect the children" when its actually for thier own religious right agenda. I mean think about it, what is a bad word really? is there such a thing as a bad word? cuss words are a joke. you can say poo but not shit, pee not piss, make love not fuck. they are expaining the same thing. you can say poo poo all you want it still smells like shit to me. and as for sex, fucking religion tells you your not supposed to enjoy it, think about it, want it, or watch it but it tells you to reproduce like fucking rabbits. fucking hypocrites. who are they to tell us what do, say, feel, and think? all under the "do it for the children" banner.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

My thoughts on it are pretty simple...

I own the game, I'm a fan of the series and it's always been clear this was a game targeted at teens and adults. It's no worse than when I saw Boyz N The Hood at a young age...GTA:SA is filled with so much nostalgia for me it's the best in the series for my $$$...it has more of what I can relate to not as a former gang member (cause I'm not) but in terms of pop culture. It's just damn fun....

The Hot Coffee Mod was jsut that...a mod. The mod team simply put back what was cut out of the game (rightly so cause the sex mini game was lame) and in all truth was not that hard to do (no pun intended). If you've seen it you know how r-rated at best it is...Stuff like this is always found in games and Sony's other big hit God Of War has a similar scene.

All this is just another distraction by opportunist politico scum. For Hilary to label violent video games as bad as drugs and booze shows how disconnected these people are from reality. How about they get this angry about the white trash fuck who kidnapped, *****, and murdered one of his two child victims? A stupid little mod about badly animated polygonal characters gets congress acting on legislation for a new federal law but a brutally ***** and killed boy by a REAL PERSON does not?

It's sick on a whole new level.

The game was clearly labeled 17+. So for these sick bastards to say this is in a "kids game" is not only devious but incredibly angering. This will cause many mature themed titles to be retooled and maybe go unproduced as a result since EVERY major game publisher does their best to appese the big dealers like walmart, target, toys r us, etc. This is a sad day for entertainment since if this gets off the ground it would federally enforce the ratings systems games have. A system that ONLY NEEDS PARENTS TO PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THEIR LITTLE SNOTS BUY TO WORK NOT THE GOVERNMENT....

This failed for movies, music, and books...yet they continue to waste their time with this and worse some actually back them up saying "Yeah it makes sense to have a federal law enforcing the ratings system". We don't need the government and it's idiot parade of senators hand holding us to buy a friggin video game....

They want to protect America's Youth so badly? How about I dunno...finding a way to prosecute, hunt down, and prevent crimes against children that actually cause their deaths every year...how about a better system to keep *********s in line and under control? or hell...ending that lil war in Iraq so the 16 year olds of today don't die as the 18 year olds of tomorrow?

GTA: SA being rated AO is actually far worse than many are admiting...it opens the door to anything and everything being relabeled and reinterpreted as "adults only" be it a cheesy sex scene that is not even officially in the friggin game and you need codes or a mode to access...or "sexually ambiguous" characters like The King of All Cosmos in Katamari Damacy.

You givr these parents groups and opportunist politicians an inch and they take a mile...and with the $$$ the gaming industry has they'll bleed em dry in "contributions"....

sad day...very sad day.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by devil13
    the only thing you can do is vote out the curent administration.

It didn't work under a Liberal President why the hell would it work now? Bush didn't start this mess it was the oh so liberal left that started this disaster...it seems the only time these two idiot camps get together is when it comes to video games. Both sides are just as bad and both sides use the "protect the children" aspect...they tried to protect me during the Mortal Kombat years and yet didn't manage to stop domestic terorrist attacks in Oklahoma City or NYC...genius these people are. Protect a kid from a polygon but not actual people.

Both sides are wrong on this issue and will only be corrected once a generation that grew up ON games is in power...

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire

I own the game, I'm a fan of the series and it's always been clear this was a game targeted at teens and adults. It's no worse than when I saw Boyz N The Hood at a young age...GTA:SA is filled with so much nostalgia for me it's the best in the series for my $$$...it has more of what I can relate to not as a former gang member (cause I'm not) but in terms of pop culture. It's just damn fun....

The Hot Coffee Mod was jsut that...a mod. The mod team simply put back what was cut out of the game (rightly so cause the sex mini game was lame) and in all truth was not that hard to do (no pun intended). If you've seen it you know how r-rated at best it is...Stuff like this is always found in games and Sony's other big hit God Of War has a similar scene.

All this is just another distraction by opportunist politico scum. For Hilary to label violent video games as bad as drugs and booze shows how disconnected these people are from reality. How about they get this angry about the white trash fuck who kidnapped, *****, and murdered one of his two child victims? A stupid little mod about badly animated polygonal characters gets congress acting on legislation for a new federal law but a brutally ***** and killed boy by a REAL PERSON does not?

It's sick on a whole new level.

The game was clearly labeled 17+. So for these sick bastards to say this is in a "kids game" is not only devious but incredibly angering. This will cause many mature themed titles to be retooled and maybe go unproduced as a result since EVERY major game publisher does their best to appese the big dealers like walmart, target, toys r us, etc. This is a sad day for entertainment since if this gets off the ground it would federally enforce the ratings systems games have. A system that ONLY NEEDS PARENTS TO PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THEIR LITTLE SNOTS BUY TO WORK NOT THE GOVERNMENT....

This failed for movies, music, and books...yet they continue to waste their time with this and worse some actually back them up saying "Yeah it makes sense to have a federal law enforcing the ratings system". We don't need the government and it's idiot parade of senators hand holding us to buy a friggin video game....

They want to protect America's Youth so badly? How about I dunno...finding a way to prosecute, hunt down, and prevent crimes against children that actually cause their deaths every year...how about a better system to keep *********s in line and under control? or hell...ending that lil war in Iraq so the 16 year olds of today don't die as the 18 year olds of tomorrow?

GTA: SA being rated AO is actually far worse than many are admiting...it opens the door to anything and everything being relabeled and reinterpreted as "adults only" be it a cheesy sex scene that is not even officially in the friggin game and you need codes or a mode to access...or "sexually ambiguous" characters like The King of All Cosmos in Katamari Damacy.

You givr these parents groups and opportunist politicians an inch and they take a mile...and with the $$$ the gaming industry has they'll bleed em dry in "contributions"....

sad day...very sad day.

So . . . the AO rating . . . is this basically a giant taxpayer boondoggle over whether teens aged 17 to, well, 17 are going to be buying this game? If it is already 17+ and I'm assuming AO is 18+ . . .

It didn't work under a Liberal President why the hell would it work now? Bush didn't start this mess it was the oh so liberal left that started this disaster...it seems the only time these two idiot camps get together is when it comes to video games. Both sides are just as bad and both sides use the "protect the children" aspect...they tried to protect me during the Mortal Kombat years and yet didn't manage to stop domestic terorrist attacks in Oklahoma City or NYC...genius these people are. Protect a kid from a polygon but not actual people.

Both sides are wrong on this issue and will only be corrected once a generation that grew up ON games is in power...
    yea but the liberal pres. didnt have an ear to the religious assholes and didnt vote in a right wing judge to the suppreme court either. so if you try to take something like sensorship to the suppreme court, what way do think they will vote if the majority is right wing?
    Its simple to understand. people cant just take responsibility for raising thier own fucking kids. they think its easier to change the law and constitution so you and I cant have the freedom to play those games.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    So . . . the AO rating . . . is this basically a giant taxpayer boondoggle over whether teens aged 17 to, well, 17 are going to be buying this game? If it is already 17+ and I'm assuming AO is 18+ . . .
    AO is basicly like a XXX rating for a movie...many big retailers will not carry AO rated games. This is the first big game (and one already selling 6 million copies) to get it..or in this case re-rated due to the mod and code left in the game.

The fear is that many M-rated games will go under harder guidelines...kind of the way r-rated films get a pg-13 treatment to get more people to see it and in more venues.

Untill the notion that most games are no longer meant for "kids" get through the thick skull of parents groups, politicians, and actual individual parents this will only make games "safer" instead of growing out of their kid image...one it's doing successfully with younger generations but not in the eyes of older ones...and by old I mean people in the 60 + range.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

yea but the liberal pres. didnt have an ear to the religious assholes and didnt vote in a right wing judge to the suppreme court either. so if you try to take something like sensorship to the suppreme court, what way do think they will vote if the majority is right wing?
    A liberal prez has all sorts of other assholes that ask the same as their "opposites" so really it all cancels each other out...censorship is not the tool of conservatives alone. That's the fundemental problem in that those currently in power do not understand games outside of their "stuff for kids" image and assume all of it for children only. As a result both sides use similar arguments to attack them...they did this with force in the 90's and continue to this day. This current attack comes from both sides of the spectrum...both outdoing each other in both inane logic and high profile BSing.

A liberal prez has all sorts of other assholes that ask the same as their "opposites" so really it all cancels each other out...censorship is not the tool of conservatives alone. That's the fundemental problem in that those currently in power do not understand games outside of their "stuff for kids" image and assume all of it for children only. As a result both sides use similar arguments to attack them...they did this with force in the 90's and continue to this day. This current attack comes from both sides of the spectrum...both outdoing each other in both inane logic and high profile BSing.
    you do this every time I bash this administration. I never said anything about liberals at all. you should know by now that Im not for liberals either but when it comes to my voting I will vote for the lesser of two evils. remember it was Gore's wife that headed up the commity on reforms in the music industry. I never said that the last administration was any better or worse. I also know that you dont swing either way either but stop with the "the liberals arent any better" rutine. I allready know that.

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

Remember when game ratings were a suggestion and didn't need to be enforced?

Heh. That was a good one.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

yeah remember that fucked up game frogger? encouraging kids to run out into traffic! I think that should be banned!

yea remember when you could actually "be" a kid and watch bugs bunny shoot daffy duck in the face and laugh your ass off.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

you do this every time I bash this administration.
    I simply don't buy into the "if we replace this gourp the next one will be better" routine. They all come from the same pool, so it's no much a Liberal vs. Conservative or both sides suck that I'm trying to go on about but the fact the solution to this (and other problems) should not be left in the hands of the federal government to decide.

In this case it should not be a federal issue...or a state one...it's very much a family issue. In this case...parents being mind numbing idiots who can't take 2 seconds to see the ratings on games before they buy them or ask lil timmy "what game did you buy and let me see it".

Hell they could at least look at the shelf of stacked games in a kids room...

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

Remember when parents everywhere went nuts over Power Rangers? That was hilarious. I was eight years old and I knew how fakey it was. I mean, sparks came out of their chest. Goddamn PUTTIES. And there were people who kept going, oh no, the power rangers have laser guns so our kids will shoot each other with real guns! No, even at eight I knew what a real gun was, and knew the difference between shooting my brother with my dad's shotgun and a plastic toy I could get at the dollar store.

I simply don't buy into the "if we replace this gourp the next one will be better" routine. They all come from the same pool, so it's no much a Liberal vs. Conservative or both sides suck that I'm trying to go on about but the fact the solution to this (and other problems) should not be left in the hands of the federal government to decide.

In this case it should not be a federal issue...or a state one...it's very much a family issue. In this case...parents being mind numbing idiots who can't take 2 seconds to see the ratings on games before they buy them or ask lil timmy "what game did you buy and let me see it".

look, I think most of us wish there was a third party worth voting for that would actually have a chance to win but right now it is a two party system. all you can do is vote for the lesser or two evils and Bush is backing the religious right. thats not my idea of freedom to think that our pres. is listening to people who want nothing more than to take away the lil freedoms you do have like the ability to decide for yourself if you want to play a video game that has sex in it.
    yea I said that
    people cant just take responsibility for raising thier own fucking kids. they think its easier to change the law and constitution
    and like I said before
    if you try to take something like sensorship to the suppreme court, what way do think they will vote if the majority is right wing?

I agree. Let's face it. hillary is just trying to make herself look good for next election coming up neither side really cares what their party participants care about. that's fairly obvious with the dems allowing kerry to run.

but it shoul be the parent's responsibility to decide what their underage child can and cannot have....thats why the ;labels say PARENTAL ADVISORY not HILLARY CLINTON or GEORGE JR. ADVISORY on them.

no, it's obvious that all the worlds problems are caused by video games and music... if we all just keep taking psychotropic drugs for everything and go to work for the military and lockhead-martin and raytheon and kill people in real life, then no one would have any desire to simulate it in thier leisure time and we'd have a peaceful society.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

all you can do is vote for the lesser or two evils and Bush is backing the religious right.
    Unfortunately on THIS issue...the pressure came from the Left and its backers. So in this case the lesser of two evils is the side that didn't care if polygons were having simulated sex...and oddly enough it was the Right. Though I'm sure that was only because they were too busy dreaming up something else to be pissed about...like potentially gay childrens show characters.

oh wait, the problems sex not violence...
    well yeah i'm going to have to side with the religious right on this one, if you use your sex organs that god gave you to reproduce then you are evil evil evil and you're going to burn in hell.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    oh wait, the problems sex not violence...
    well yeah i'm going to have to side with the religious right on this one, if you use your sex organs that god gave you to reproduce then you are evil evil evil and you're going to burn in hell.
    Funny part was that the characters in the mini game had no genitals...

Unfortunately on THIS issue...the pressure came from the Left and its backers. So in this case the lesser of two evils is the side that didn't care if polygons were having simulated sex...and oddly enough it was the Right. Though I'm sure that was only because they were too busy dreaming up something else to be pissed about...like potentially gay childrens show characters.

either way its still the religious right that tries to force politicains (left or right) to do this kind of shit. it was only a couple of religious groups that were complaining about sensorship on tv. Its religous groups that compain about potentially gay childrens show characters. and its the religious groups that want to take away your rights to decide whats right or wrong for yourself.

ugh! do we have to drag the gay argument into a videogame debate?
    Its gotten as old as saying-you're not going to le tme eat here cus IM black.
    (noone take that the wrong way-I ahve a brother whose half black-all the shit I am-and puerto rican.)
    but seriously, the idea was cool. it's for adults so yeh. I'm sure adults should know better than to let the beave play it. why didnt anyone bring up the stripper scenes for vice city? because, Like I said. It's getting close to election year and hillary is making a pass at the seat. Just like jeb is what with going to rome and kissing the new popes hand and with all the crap with schiavo.

It has nothign to do with the game-just something to keep their faces in the limelight.

I reaslly dont like hillary anyway-the whole whitewater thing her hubby got thrown at him was her doing. she runs for president. I'm changing my voting party to republican

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

What's the big deal? In The Sims, your encouraged to fuck your brains out and have as many kids as possible. You can even have same sex relations and teens getting pregnant. As well as a very common nude patch, so your Sims can run around naked all damned day long, and all the cool bondage and fetish wear you can download in a lifetime.

They are just games..right?

yaknow, I was just watching the news......yeh. I find it funny how miss clinton,governor of new york has enough time on her hands at the tax payers expense to bad mouth an adult video game while four high schoolhonor students were detained for eight fricking hours on a scholl filed trip to canada just because they were hispanic.....and i dont remember all the lines to it but I do remember this, one of the officer made the comment to one of the students:"you may get away with that stuff in arizona-but mexicans tend to stick out up here in upstate new york."

yeh hillary, keeping adult video games which have "hidden sex scenes" away from children is FAR more important than making sure people's civil liberties are not invaded.

and the students? they won their case. they are not getting shipped back to mexico seeing as they were brought over her at the age of two.

I also own and enjoy the game. Do you know a site I can find the mod or code or whatever so I can see what the hype is all about? I know alot of people don't like stuff like this including many of my friends. On the other hand I have a job, pay my taxes, take care of my family, and im well over the legal age. I don't think it's that big of a deal that in my free time I get a kick out of a funny video game.
    Also if I didn't already own it, for sure I would run out and buy it now. I didn't buy the cop killer albulm until all the hype. I never even heard of napster until I heard metallica was sueing them. Now because of that I download music all the time. The game was already in the top ten. This news will just push them to number one.

i'm pretty pissed that now I have to go buy my video games that show suggested sex acts in porno shops next to the double anal penatration videos.

and your little dog too

the problem with the democrats is they forgot it is a two party system. they are trying to out-republican the republicans and they are never going to succeed at that. kerry was supposed to be what people thought bush was but he wasn't. they would have done better with a candidate who presented an actual alternative. at this point i hate them all.

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    the problem with the democrats is they forgot it is a two party system. they are trying to out-republican the republicans and they are never going to succeed at that. kerry was supposed to be what people thought bush was but he wasn't. they would have done better with a candidate who presented an actual alternative. at this point i hate them all.
    I agree. I voted kerry anyway But really didnt like his attitude during the preelects. I would have so loved to of had dean made it. He actually spoke with calpernia addams which is a idol of mine.....If anyone knows who calpernia is or doesnt know I shoul say-check out the film soldiers girl to shed a little light on the subject...it's not one hundred percent accurate but it tells the story pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    i'm pretty pissed that now I have to go buy my video games that show suggested sex acts in porno shops next to the double anal penatration videos.
    you know you're going to be in there anyways to buy DP anal sluts3. Its not like you have to go out of your way or anything.

you know you're going to be in there anyways to buy DP anal sluts3. Its not like you have to go out of your way or anything.

oooo,,BUuuuurrrnnnnnn.....

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

if video games affected people, what about pacman in the 80s, did that make people run round dark corridors eating pills all night..... oops!

I don't own the game, but I watched it and I don't get what's the big deal. Any teenager with the internet can watch a real dog and pony show or worse.

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2673401

I think this whole thing is hilarious....
    Yeah so there is some animated porn in a game that you have to know how to get to it.,...Its not like you are playing along in the game and BOOM SEX on SCREEN....

So basically if a parent (Which I am Not) first allows their child to buy a game Aptly named GRAND THEFT AUTO (which implies illegal actions and violence) they should be hit in the head with a blunt object....The box is clearly marked with the advisory MA....Parents need to take action themselves and take responsibility for what little Bobby And Suzie are playing...Dont let the little brat get what he/she wants tell them no spank their ass when they whine and get them the Bob the Builder game (Which scares me also)...

I see all this as a way for parents to pass the raising of their child onto everyone else...Its seems as if no one wants to take care of raising their children anymore...We as a society would rather shove Ritalin down an out of control kids throat to calm them rather than be a parent spank the child and tell them that is bad to act that way....

Parents buy kids whatever they want in stores to keep them quiet in the store (I HAVE SEEN THIS HAPPEN MANY TIMES IT MAKES ME SICK people are affraid to dicipline their children so not to draw attention to themselves..)

Its crazy...I could talk on this subject all day but I am tired of typing so I am done..

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

Lol I recently did a voice commentary peice on violence in video games. I said it there and I'll say it here, th stupid thing rated M and it says what for, read a but accordingly. I love GTA: San Andreas I'm playing it now, I have fun with it, and it's great stress releif, keeps me from ACTUALLY shooting the people who should be.

+ Reply to Thread