+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: What would be your dream home?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default What would be your dream home?

If you had say a twenty million dollar housing budget, what would be the attributes of your ultimate perfect living situation?

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: What would be your dream home?

i'm moving to Kamloops B.C.......is a bit...,,maybe a nice flat there with a badd ass wood shop,and grage....and a full bakers kitchen......

but not that big,i don't like big houses.....

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    i'm moving to Kamloops B.C.......is a bit...,,maybe a nice flat there with a badd ass wood shop,and grage....and a full bakers kitchen......

but not that big,i don't like big houses.....
    Gotta be able to check out the whole spread before going to sleep at night.

My grandfather used the have the most awesome wood shop in his basement, but I wasn't allowed to use the circular saw, perhaps because I dated someone who removed their own thumb with one.

What is Kamloops like?

it's one of the three places,i'm looking at.....

there the three most "cool" areas.....it's mainly 20-30years old kids and stuff....awesome Canadian chicks....weeds cool..as well as mant of my high class Experimants,with certain compounds(wink)......

and as i'm told,with a trade(i've done Carpandry my whole like) i would basically have my pick of were i want to live=good money.....

(sorry my tyoing has got to all time lows)

yea i got a shop in my basment too, .....

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I'd live on a deserted tropical Island in a swiss family robinson tree house. that would be the shit. oh yeah and i'd have a skate park in the middle of the island. haha. you think I could get that for 20 mil? I better start playing the lottery.

ohh yea...

these are real cool too....

http://www.containerarchitecture.co.nz/benefits.html

http://www.fabprefab.com/fabfiles/containerbayhome.htm

there's a BIG market in these homes..and it grows more every year.....

I don't know... i'd feel like a hamster living in one of those things.

yea,i probally wouldn't buy one...

but they ARE really cheap,and go up real easy....

some have evolved alot,like there mostly glass in stuff,are much better furnashed(not a high point for me)........

another cool thing that would cost like five bucks would be living in a tipee. i'd set it up on the steps of City Hall, and then when they were like "Hey! You can't sleep on the steps of city hall", and i'd be like, "I'm not. I'm sleeping in my tipee." and then I'd take them to court and show them that there is no law against erecting a tipee on the steps of City Hall.

my sister made was always going to make on of these...

natural ,eco. houses...made of mud,or straw,or whatever else...

there really cool,actually and very strong,warm/cool when needed,ect..

ok,i can't find a website,but you get me.....

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

somewhere cold and dark most of the year so I woulnt have to do my walks at night. woul prefer stone with nic ehardwood floors and true gothic archways.....maybe somewher ein eastern europe perhaps? where they arent having a civil war.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

http://www.nps.gov/alcatraz/

This is the place for me.. I wonder how much it would cost?

scabre's Avatar Senior Member
    oh.. im from leeds, (up north in the uk to be precise!)

a white room
    a dungeon
    a water slide
    and a room full of bubbles!!

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

i've always wanted a nice big old farmhouse.... not the farm, just the farmhouse itself, and some of the old ones have trapdoors and stuff. that, or on ghosthunters the other day there was this couple who lived in an old church that had been converted to a house. that was pretty cool.

Kevin's Avatar to thine own self be true
    In the O.C. (but not the hoity-toity parts)

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    If you had say a twenty million dollar housing budget, what would be the attributes of your ultimate perfect living situation?
    • lots of glass
    • lots of light
    • secret rooms and passages
    • a kick-ass home theatre
    • a game room
    • a "playroom"
    • photo studio
    • library... a big one...
    • kitchen big enough to be extremely comfortable to work in, but not so large that it feels institutional
    • plenty of space for guests, but with enough privacy for all
    • great landscaping
    • even better views

Pzychotic's Avatar Dark Entity

I would love to live in a thirteenth or fourteenth century castle in the countryside of Ireland...

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

my own house would be my dream house

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by suicidal_tendencies
    my own house would be my dream house

that gets my vote too. this whole topic is a bit depressing... i love fantisizing about what house i could buy, but it usually just ends up as a fantasy. the housing "crisis" especially in the Northeast is just crazy. I make a decent salary and have been working full time since the day I got outta college 7 years ago, but I still cant afford a friggin house in this part of NY. Between private mortgage insurance and taxes... forget about it. The average house is 400-500 grand, and a decent apartment is $1500/month. My 250k pre-approved mortage is useless...unless I want a hunting cabin or trailer. Not being married is a serious pain in the ass too. I'm certainly not alone... most people around here cant afford houses in the neighborhoods they grew up in. We've been getting over-run by the rich people who have been migrating north out of NYC since 9/11 it seems. Oh well... at least in Grand Theft Auto I own some sweet pads.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

by the end of the year il be moving into my dream house its gona be a farmhouse with plenty of land to do whatever i feel like it , its gona have a workshop and a stable to , the most important part is the fact that itl be somewhat out of the way from the big city

It would have circular shape... wide and tall... huge open space with bigass glass windows and lot's of vegetation. Pool on secon floor (of 4 including basement), all in glass. Other than that, it would have big screens overall and one of those -> www.playmotion.com walls in top floor which would be party floor.... done like Liquid Room in Tokyo
    magic place

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I wrote this in my journal last year and it about sums it up:

In my heart I’ve always pictured this house. A big old slightly run down sort of thing. Feral gardens overflowing with big crazed roses, lavander underfoot, sage peeking and the like. The sort of place one might expect to find fairies peering from under flowers and big crazy tomcats. It’s the house I’ve always wanted. It’s home.

Inside is just as feral and strange and crazy. Flowers herbs and other things hanging on the walls amidst painting reproductions and framed photographs. Beautiful Mapplethorpe’s alongside the crookedly shot snapshots of friends and various other interesting things. Lots of soft comfy places to curl up in. Books candles, ribbons, wings, knick nacks bric a brac and other nonsense put here and there. To the casual observer in no order but to someone who knows me put in the perfect place.

Lots of lovely colors. Walls painted brightly, purples peeking from all over. Pillows and housecats lolling everywhere like sleeping lions. And books. Did I mention the books? Books and books and books. All left in their place. Along with music. Speakers running everywhere like living things. Is that a dirge playing from the kitchen? Pink Floyd from the bath? Maybe a little John Lee Hooker from the basement?

And to the kitchen. A big airy yellow shiny place. Pots and pans gleaming. Herbs for medicines and teas and foods all strung up everywhere. That ever present soft smell of garlic and something yummy cooking. Huge fridge. Beast of a range and oven. Marble island in the middle. A comfy table to sit at while drinking tea. A window seat so the cook can be watched while the watcher lazes about in the window.

Music room. Yes of course. Electical equipment and soundproofed walls. So guests and hostess can rock out without causing havoc.

Places to paint and color on the walls. Places to sit quietly and alone. Places for loving and laughing. Stain proofed everything because I am a bit clumsy.

Bedrooms you ask? Many of them for friends and family alike. Big comfortable rooms that are like walking into a hug. Big beds. Beautiful coverlets and linens. Books, music, board games, bondage equipment should it be needed.

My old house.

It’s my house. I can feel her out there somewhere. Perhaps here in Washington or in Italy or France Canada. I don’t truly know. But I feel her in my bones and know someday we’ll find each other.

Then when I am old and decrepit (more decrepit than I am now) I’ll sit on her porch. Watching semi-feral cats and kids running around chasing each other in the front yard. Tea and cigarette in hand. And smile because I’ve have finally come home.

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

Something that looks like you've dreamed it. On top of a hill - there HAS to be a hill - surrounded by a wrought-iron fence. The angles of the house would be, well, wrong. The path leading up to it would wind unnecessarily, occasionally splitting into two and bringing the walker around to interesting bits of the grounds (statues, ponds, topiaries, the like). Great trees would lean over the walkway, hoary and wild, and shake their woody bones in the night.

The house itself would be oddly angled, always looking like it shouldn't be able to support itself. Tall and thin, with rooms built almost pyramid-like, with a central belfry-like spire that stands almost crooked above it all, leaning diagonally into empty space. A place you tell your friends you don't want to trick-or-treat at, but you sneak onto once midnight comes.

Inside, the whole dreamlike swirly weirdness continues. I'm a big fan on mosaic floors. I want the entryway to be a massive ballroomlike thing, with a great spiral staircase beginning there and spiralling up touching each floor. And, of course, a giant dusty monster of a chandelier over it, pointing down at the mosaic center - a purple and gold and black spiral, slightly warped, each spiral arm leading into a major room and incorporating the color into the floor-mosaic of that room.

I want a library, a great monster library, with a giant globe and a telescope and a huge wooden monster desk, with maps and busts and a giant portrait with velvet curtains. I want a game-room, in the basement, in what can best be described as a pit - comfortable and slightly piggish, like animals (or my geek boyfriend) are kept there. I want a pool, an indoor pool, not like the ones you see at rec centers but one shaped like a shell, bottom inlaid with more mosaic (or mother of pearl - ultimate fantasy there), stone walls, underground, with leering devil's heads spewing water into the great basin. I want a marble bathroom, luxurious, so that I can spend two hours in there and won't feel cramped, with every kind of styling ridiculousness invented for me to torture my body into attractiveness. And the bedroom - huge, draped with sheer white, with heavy velvet curtains, and a curtained monster of a bed, antique, that almost feels like a second country with the drapes closed...

*dream, dream*

20 Mill for a Home, damn thats a lot. buttt....since I dont know how to load an image on the threads, check these floor plans out for the four tower castle http://www.castlemagic.com/color.html

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

dr whos tardis.
    so i can go wherever and whenever i like, and its bigger on the inside than the outside

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    by the end of the year il be moving into my dream house its gona be a farmhouse with plenty of land to do whatever i feel like it , its gona have a workshop and a stable to , the most important part is the fact that itl be somewhat out of the way from the big city
    I would've thought your dream house would be a pirate ship.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    LAND !! Did you say LAND !!

Isn't that a hanging offence to the Pirate code ??

Central London Pad, open roof terrace with a huf house out in country somewhere with a HUGE studio/dungeon and pool

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I want a really big bath, maybe like the gold one in Scarface.

I would like something with a yard. Perhaps a garage. Really cool neighbors or no neighbors.

Hellmo's Avatar Member

a huge abandoned factory, totally renevated with one half a fun house and the other half done in glass and stone to give it a bizarre futuristic feel

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

my dream home would be the one i live in now, i love it, i love the yard, i love that there are no stairs, i hate stairs. Only thing it needs is a pool so that i could do my swimming without having to go to beaches where the water is warm from kids pissing in it

Right Bloody Bastard

about 100 acres in the woods, huge master bedroom, "playroom" off the Mbed with hidden door, 4 other bedrooms, great hall, huge kitchen, walk in freezer, formal dining room, stone fireplaces in about each room, underground with the entrance made to look like a crypt or dungeon door, stained glass windows peeking out through the ground......one, maybe two more years working in this shithole and I should be able to do it!! maybe I'll drag ya folks to the housewarming....hope you like booze and red meat.

Exiled

the big casttle with torchs

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I'd have the kick ass home theater system in the living room.

Top of the line kitchen stuff because I love to cook.

2 story master bedroom, the second storey would be an observatory with a retractable roof. with a sweet telescope.

My basement would have a bar, game room, and my office with a huge monitor and a sweet computer system. (that's the nerd in me)

Bathroom would have the waterfall style shower. Jacuzzi bathtub.

And the one feature I look forward to having, independent wiring for each room. So that when my kids get into some shit, I send them to their room and shut the fuse off. That way there's no tv, computer, ps2, or anything electronic.

There's other stuff but that's it for now.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I'd just buy Coit Tower in SF and equip it with saunas, jacuzzis, steam rooms, a recording studio, and expand it to the edge for all my other toys

OEC

Baby_Switchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

I don't think I'd want a MASSIVE house, something roomy would be nice though. As much as I like the city, I don't know if I could live there permanently after growing up on a farm. I'd want a large-ish area out the back of the house with a nice green lawn and a place where me and my guy can kick back and relax and drink our JD.
    I'd want a biiiig kitchen (oh how I love a good kitchen) and a beautiful bathroom. Water views would be optional. lol. And I'd wanna live close to shopping malls and shit, even if it was like a 15-20 minute drive or something. Just so long as it wasn't HOURS away. Perhaps I'm just being picky? lol.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

a bombshelter surrounded by a few hundred acres surrounded by a big wall, everything else is just accessories depending on my whim of the day

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

actually i just want my own place. with just me and my boyfriend, and jordan. nothing too extravigant. as long as i never have to worry about rent being late, ill be perfectly happy.

hargalaten's Avatar Junior Member
    Born in Sherman, Tx; Lived mostly in Hondo, Tx

I never could decide between my own island in the carribean or in the mediterranean [off the coast of spain]. but no treehouse for me... well, yeah, but not as the residence. just think of Jay's "phat palatial estate."

mmm... just thinking about it... sigh.

but you know, if i ever got rich enough to afford one in the medditerranean, i'd more than likely have enough money for a 2nd one in the carribean [just because i'd have to be ungodly rich to even think about it].

and, it's not even that i like the beach, it'd just be the isolation - well, except for my girl [whoever that turns out to be by then] and my friends i'd fly out whenever to rock on like there ain't no tommorrow, since i'm sure the government will have gotton rid of 'tommorrow' by then, after the bombing and eradication of antarctica.

+ Reply to Thread