+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chicago?

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Default Chicago?

Any of you here live in Chicago? Im making plans to move there, and just want to hear a bit about it, like is there any decent clubs, is it feasable to get around without a car, job market, modeling opportunities for alts, stuff like that. Any advice, etc?

Default Re: Chicago?

Hi as i dont *live* in chicago i live only an hour away and frequent it regularly. I think one of the best clubs out there is Neo. Its a little club behind an alley that you'd never really know is there (thats underground baby!) lol
    Theres also a a strip called boytown which is colored in rainbow flags around the light poles. theres a lot of decent restraunts and bars as long as you dont go near wrigley field on a game night because then its expensive.
    -edit - why moving from phoenix? i used to live there before i moved here lol.. i miss phoenix!
    Last edited by VoldtaEngler; 08-02-2005 at 03:58 PM. Reason: forgot posts

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Any of you here live in Chicago? Im making plans to move there, and just want to hear a bit about it, like is there any decent clubs, is it feasable to get around without a car, job market, modeling opportunities for alts, stuff like that. Any advice, etc?
    Hempknight used to live there. I'll point him towards this so he can give you some hints. Hope you like it there sweetheart.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    Hi as i dont *live* in chicago i live only an hour away and frequent it regularly. I think one of the best clubs out there is Neo. Its a little club behind an alley that you'd never really know is there (thats underground baby!) lol
    Theres also a a strip called boytown which is colored in rainbow flags around the light poles. theres a lot of decent restraunts and bars as long as you dont go near wrigley field on a game night because then its expensive.
    -edit - why moving from phoenix? i used to live there before i moved here lol.. i miss phoenix!
    This place is dead. Cant stand the 117 degree days. Too many drugs, not enough things to do. Tired of dealing with tweekers and not being able to go outside during the day. Lol, that about sums it up;p

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Nudemuse
    Hempknight used to live there. I'll point him towards this so he can give you some hints. Hope you like it there sweetheart.
    Thank you darlin;] Much appriciated!

Oil~Boy 26's Avatar rebuilding in pain

Heres to a succesfull and swift move I know it will turn out better than Phoenix,but I only have these kind words and no usefull info.

Dragons love me for I am crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

just for laffs OB~26

Hrm.. i guess i never really saw or felt the heat in phoenix.. i worked at night and slept during day so i only went to work and after work did shopping when it was cooler and then fell asleep in a AC house.. i still miss it though! lol.. anywho if you need any friends when you move here lemme know!

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Ill defineately need some friends;] Ill be pretty much alone in a new place with noone personal I know really. Its kinda scarey, but I need some change;]

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

chicago is a friendly place... a very big homosexual scene there... i know quite a few people who moved there b/c of that. Chicago itself is awesome...it's so easy to get around, extremely clean (at least compared to NY)... and has some awesome things to.... from the Fields museum, Capone town, Lakeshore drive, Wrigley Field, the elevated subway, and a million cool taverns and pubs. I dont know much about the job scene or alternative photography... but I meant wtf... it's a huge city, you're sure to find something.

www.gothicchicago.com heres a link of some of the alternitive things to do here.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I've always enjoyed Chicago. Sounds like a fun choice, but you are gonna be cold there after being used to AZ! Great food though!

Hey Forrest.. next time your in Chicago lemme know! We coul go get a beer or something.

Chaotika's Avatar Fetish Bunny

Doesn't Lady Atropos live out there...?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    Hey Forrest.. next time your in Chicago lemme know! We coul go get a beer or something.
    That would be fun. Thanks.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

lets see, I'll have to consult the good book...
    by which I mean the complete Charles Bronon lyrics sheet.

"Chicago is cool if you like crappy shows. Chicago is cool if you sound like Sidekick Kato. Chicago is cool if you fall into the groove. Chicago Chicago, fuck you Chicago (I think I hate you). "

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

screaching weasle are from Chicago

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

So's Al Jourgenson, Stabbing Westward, Rise Against and numerous other bands.

I was born and raised there. The North Side is great, but kinda expensive. And there's always something to do in the Loop. Just so you know, stay away from the lake between November and April. The wind gets pretty damn cold. As far as transportation, the El will be your best friend. I don't know about modeling opportunities, but I'm sure you'll manage Jax.

Chaotika's Avatar Fetish Bunny

No, wait... I think Lady Atropos is from cleveland... sorry!

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I don't think the band Chicago is from Chicago.

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

First off, I have several friends in chicago, and I'm know they'd all be willing to at least give you more detailed info, if not assistance. Lemme know if you want an introduction.

I'm going to play devil's advocate, because I don't like Chicago. Here's why:

1) It's extremely dense, moreso than most big cities (especially western cities). I find it claustrophobic.
    2) I find it dirty and smelly. These things don't normally bug me a lot, but they do there.
    3) Traffic is fucked, inside the city and all parts around. If you don't drive, this is a non-issue, of course. My opinion may be influenced by the time I had a panic attack on the Skyway coming into the city.

See, I'm an old man, and something of a homebody. So Chicago just ain't for me. 8)

I don't know much about Chicago except firsth house parties was organised there... so I guess it's pretty entertaining there....

+ Reply to Thread