+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Insomnia

Default Insomnia

Seriously, it's getting bad. Three days with no sleep on this run. I feel like I should be tired. I just spent all night cleaning house because I had nothing better to do. :| I've tried warm milk, protein shakes, sleeping pills, reading a book before bed, a warm bath, protein shakes, exercizing (though I'm keeping that up, it still has no effect,) and finally, protein shakes.

Could it be my diet? I'm not really stressed.... This has gone on for a while, too. :| Very few days do I get any sleep at all.

I can only clean the house so many times. >_O

ladybug's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Insomnia

diet could have something to do with it......but a friend of mine had the same problem she had to go to the doctor for it and it turned out to be her thyroid gland. It was all messed up...not sure how exactaly but they gave her something to turn it around I guess you'd say and now she's fine....
    That may not help.....but there's my two cents worth.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

what kind of excercise? not that i know your situation but I can only advise that you increase the intentisty of your workouts till the point of complete physical exhaustion.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I get that a lot too ,it gets freaky when you got to drive a lot too, I used to think that it could be exercise or diet or stress but at the moment , it cant be any of that (for me anyway) now I think it's just a part of my brain picking up a signal from somewhere and it isn't sure how to process it.

damn space aliens

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

i get like that too. it turned out i was depressed, cause i had weeks i couldnt sleep and then days i wanted to nothing but sleep, they gave me some pills and ive been fine ever since. your best bet would be to go see your doctor.

my friend had same problem and he did same stuff before he died..... better get some sleep....

ok...I'm joking

Just don't stress about it and try with garlic.... they lower your blood pressure and clean all the toxic stuff from your blood...

sleeping pills is just bad..... try with those natural pills done from Valeriana, or Valeriana tee if you got some....

I did same thing you are doing and only I can say it's not good, after your organism don't get enought sleep it affects slightly your personality and your organism activates defending hormons that tends to acumulate all fet around your stomach for "rainy day" purpouses....it's in our genes (jeans, change to miniskirts:P)

btw it could be some hormonal defect due to diet... btw tell me what kind of diet are you using? protein one? why, to lose fat or to build muscles? wright now I'm on some kind of mixed diet.... and it's damn good, I don't need to eat less or to move more.... only trick is to not combine protein, carbohydrates and fat in same day....

one day protein food like egs, meat etc...
    another carbohydrates like cereals, rice etc
    third day some fat or something.... like chicken soup etc....

and if you don't take carbohydrates then you can get very ill.... they're source of energy.....
    btw.. if you want more info on diet I can dig it up for you....

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

My thyroid's fucked up, and I'm overdue for a doctor visit. Partial insomnia's one of the symptoms I'm getting - it takes me at least three hours to fall asleep every night, and my schedule's all fuckerboy now.

See a doctor. Sounds unpleasant

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Sleep...what's that?

two or three hours out of 24-30 hrs. is about all I can get. So I have no solutions for ya sry sweetie.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

alcohol

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

yes indeedy, as bad for you as it may be, alcohol is the ultimate sleep aid for me

Quote Originally Posted by ladybug
    diet could have something to do with it......but a friend of mine had the same problem she had to go to the doctor for it and it turned out to be her thyroid gland. It was all messed up...not sure how exactaly but they gave her something to turn it around I guess you'd say and now she's fine....
    That may not help.....but there's my two cents worth.

I must agree with ladybug, it caould be diet, or a glandular problem, but best to get a checkup at the Dr to be sure,

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Didn't you pretty recently start doing more exercise? If you are working out late in the day, that can bump up your body's sense of how active it should be being. You might try moving your workouts to first thing when you get up and see if that helps.

Not that I don't get insomnia myself.

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

"She will not sleep, for fear of dreams,
    But, rising quits her restless bed,
    And walks where some beclouded beams
    Of moonlight through the hall are shed"....
    (Frances: Charlotte Bronte)

I have the same problem, then I got ambien and that knocks me the heck out. What I used before was warm milk mixed with a bit of honey. That seemed to work. You can also try Valerian.

It is true about the workouts. Move them to the morning, they could also be keeping you up.

Sun

I'm 29 hours awake now and it's almost midnight..... Needed to do that so I could go back on normal sleep schedule.... I'm turning into a vampire soon

But sometimes when you get totaly exorsted then you go crazy.... and just stay awake if it's in your mood.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by cheinara wraithwalker
    Seriously, it's getting bad. Three days with no sleep on this run.
    i'm afraid my reply won't be of great use to you, but i used to have a hell of a problem getting to sleep without medication (trade name Mersyndol, contents paracetamol, codeine and DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE yay!). depression was a large part of it, but i've found lately the problem has receded. something to do with getting up regularly at 6:30 am, driving for an hour and a half and then spending eight hours whacking away at bits of metal with power tools.

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

Some types of sleeping pills simply don't work for some people, for some reason. For example, I've had insomnia since birth: I tend to go in cycles where I'm awake a few days (48+ hours) then zonk for 12-16 hours-- basically a lack of rhythm-- and periods where I sleep for about 2 hours, but only just before dawn: the reason why is because of a basically screwed bodily clock.
    Sleeping pills of one variety (I can't remember what) help me get to sleep, but make me vomit in my sleep and feel nauseous all day: another simply has no effect on the -hour cycle and simply makes me sleep even longer on the long cycle.

Pills ain't always great, but I really don't know what to do to help you: I don't know what to do to help me, either. I've tried hypnotherapy (bollocks), exhaustion (innefecive), pills (bleaugh or autotrephic), natural cures with various degrees of success-- but mainly negligable.

My current aide is simply tea. While it contains caffiene, it has little effect on me- long term addiction- and the soothing warmth helps clear the mind.

+ Reply to Thread