+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reasons To Join Or Also Not Join?

Default Re: Reasons To Join Or Also Not Join?

I am still trying to find other options aside from the Military, if that is possible, since as I said before, that is a last resort. Also, I am considering other services, such as the Coast Guard, or other types.

I should probably try and figure out what to do. I dont want to join the Military, but I don't want to be here either, and the Military is preferable, but I don't know.

Btw, Vixta, Can You E-Mail Me About The Room Mate Offer? Even though it will probably be a while to get the ticket and passport to go there. **

Does it make sense that I was almost very wanting to go there, but am also not wanting to go there , after talking more with the recruiters?

I dont know, but I am probably making a fool out of Myself in this topic.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i doubt the military would be worse than your current living conditions, you have talked about experiencing some prety fucked up stuff in the past so i say go for it

Quote Originally Posted by kellie
    Pro: You will get to travel. It looks great on your future resume. Its not the rest of your life. Its better than your current situation.
    Con: You make shit pay. Boot camp. You might get sent to war.
    Kellie, you are beautiful and smart. Dangerous too I bet.

Be a man and listen to the hot girl, Brightstar.

devilmutt's Avatar Senior Member

ok so i am currently on deployment with the usmc, first of all recruiters love to make it seem as though "their" branch is the only one thats going to take you...not true. secondly, how interested are you in going to a foreing country, being shot at and having to return fire at people in order to survive...because you mentioned infantry type soldier and i would wager my life savings that you would deploy quickly in that m.o.s. check into the air force there life is a whole lot better than the usmc or army's right now...or ever for that matter.

P.S. keep in mind i don't know you that well, and you very well could be the blood and guts type for all i know.

Howrangi's Avatar So how old are you again?

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    The army recruiter seems to want Me to join them, but I dont know if I will pass the asvab test that they mentioned. I don't really want to join them at all, but it is as a last resort, which I may have to do in a week or so.

Reasons To Join Or Not Join?

He boss i'm in the Air Force now the only advise i can give you now is DO YOUR REASEARCH BEFORE COMING IN. also the Army has MOS's which are your job description. if you get a combat mos then you are not garenteed to stay with that job your duration of the time example lets say you get an infantry mos you train for alot but if your not going to deploy then they ration you out to places like the gym, base clean up, and crap like that. My dad just retired out of the Army and thats what he told me they are doing in Ft Hood Texas. now for the Air Force if you come into the Air Force pick a specific job and NEVER REPEAT NEVER COME IN OPEN AFSC. The hot jobs now are Air traffic controler, Any Medical, Jet Engine Backshop, and of course para rescue. if you do then the gibill is around $30,000 for school, your life insurance is now up to $400,000, and tuition assistance for college during your enlistment is 100%. inother words you get to goto college for free. you still have to pay for books but FREE CLASSES. nice. OH they have 2 typse of enlistments that you can do a 4 year or a 6 year. if you do the 6 year usually you get to come out of basic as an E-3 might even get a sign in bonus. but DO your research and ask alot of questions. GOOD LUCK.

I am still debating about if I want to go into the army , I am talking to the recruiters .

The recruiters were saying that My college credits so far, as also My being a Petty Officer while I was in ROTC, that I might be entering at the paygrade of E-4 or higher. I don't have the book with the info about Pay Grades Currently. How good is that Pay Grade Of That? ?

that pay grade is cool. go to w w w dot army dot mil and search for 2005 pay grade. it should tell you for an e-4 what you are getting. i think it's around $1900 amonth. don't quote me tho.

if your getting school credit then thats not bad. The army is what you make of it. don't let anyone tell you that you can't do anything. If your politically correct and keep your crap together then you'll be fine.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

E-4 isnt all that great any thing below E-6 or E-7 is pretty crappy and then you have to go to officer school if you want to get promoted past that

Right Bloody Bastard

I can't remember the pay for each grade, but unless things have DRASTICLY changed he is lying through his teeth about E-4 at the end of Basic. E-3 is about the best you can get right out of Basic, and that usually requires some college credits. BrightStar, it's your choice to make, but a few of us here are ex/current army or marines and most of us are suggesting you look into the air force, navy, or coast guard and to stay away from the army and marines. Trust us on this, after you get out you will be happier to have had the tech training you get in the air force or navy, or the skill picked up in the coast guard. If the draw to the army/marines is getting to shoot a gun, don't sweat it...you can buy your own and go to the range. Or try the air force on a contract for good tech skills, and when you finnish the tech training volunteer for para-rescue training...they get lots of interesting training and very little BS.

+ Reply to Thread