+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with Trolls

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Dealing with Trolls

To TheNonconformist_Illusion our newest troll: How did you find Blue Blood and what inspired you to sign up for the forums?

To everyone else: We've seen a real uptick in trollish nonsense lately. I think I have an idea why, but really fake trolls or real trolls are all trolls in the end and of course they are an annoyance.

I'm inclined to mostly just let them post and get schooled by the perfectly articulate members of this community.

This works better on real trolls than ones who are paid to cause trouble. If a real person is engaging in troll behavior, I like to think that by showing them a better way to interact, they will be inspired to interact in a more positive way.

I don't know how many people are being paid to be a nuisance here, but I've certainly heard through the grapevine that there are people whose job it is to go cause trouble on specific other people's message boards. A sort of digital terrorism I guess.

It is more difficult to reach the hearts of mercenaries than those of mere lost souls.

I would just leave it as it has been, but some people who are really enjoyable are posting less lately and I'd like to knock out the stress and keep this community a positive and cool and intelligent community.

So what should Blue Blood do about the trolls? Just use them as pinatas when they show up? Ban them? Call them out? Make it more difficult to get access to the forums?

Default Re: Dealing with Trolls

Ban the fuckers.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Banning them just makes the problem worse since they end up creating multiple accounts (like the last troll). The best thing would be to pull a scarlet letter on them. Under their name but in bold "Troll" or something along those lines so that if they choose to post and cause drama one can easily dismiss their comments. Summer always sees a spike in this behaviour so It's no shock but at least they've been schooled again and again to the point they leave.

Besides all they really want is to play the victim, take that away and they have little to work with. For those paid to cause problems...that's tricky since no matter what action is taken...they cause problems. Labeling them as such could at least make it difficult for them to be taken seriously...and if possible ban them via their IP if it gets out of hand.

All in all it's an annoying problem since it can ruin the atmosphere of just about every topic. So it may very well be up to all of us not to given them much to work with or the attention they seek. School em, ignore em, let em drown away...

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

...they can walk the plank

Honestly, I don't think we should get trigger happy, but some logins are clearly nothing but trouble. It's not an opposing view we object to, we're all too smart for that, it's just some bozo sent over to derail otherwise pleasant interactions. We could school them, but why waste the energy? I'd rather talk to cool people about cool stuff, even if we disagree.

I could come up with a more complicated system of access for trusted members, but that is just putting limits on good productive people. That is just my view though. I'm still totally open to hearing other options or suggestions.

and your little dog too

i hate trolls and i love Blue Blood.

What about banning ip address? i know some are static and some arnt.. but nothings really perfect to keep people out of our hair.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

uh.. well since we have no private messages (those would really be handy) on the topic of trollish behavior, I would like to take this time to apologize for some angry words of my own to a member here. I'm not going to name names, but I hope you are reading this and know who you are. I still stand by my content, just not the delivery, and there are certain things that I will always be openly opposed to, but in the spirit of community, i'd rather kill with kindness.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

Personally I swing from wanting to school (so much more polite than what I'm thinking) these people to just not coming around quite so much.

I think the people who aren't here just to stir shit should use their ignore functions and/or just not read what these people have to say.

As far as what Forrest and Amelia should do I don't think it's your responsibility to save the rest of us. I think it's a better use of your time to foster the good atmosphere and leave the troll ignoring/schooling etc to the rest of us.

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

personally, i've been rather amused by seeing the trolls get schooled by the decent people here. of course i wouldn't have any problem if they got banned either, cause they can get very annoying very quickly.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Please don't ban it.

OEC

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

My apologies for feeding a troll.

OEC

im not going to waste time reading whatever the hell your talking about in that essay of a post. all i want to know is how to delete my goddamn account. everyone on here is retarded and thinks they are above everyone else. apparently you can have freedom of speech as long as you dont say anything that nobody else wants to hear. i make fun of one nasty skanky looking bitch and a shitstorm of idiots shower me with thier "im superior to you becuase you insulted a friend" bullshit. you can all suck my dick. just delete me and get on with your forum filled little lives

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by TheNonconformist_Illusion
    im not going to waste time reading whatever the hell your talking about in that essay of a post. all i want to know is how to delete my goddamn account. everyone on here is retarded and thinks they are above everyone else. apparently you can have freedom of speech as long as you dont say anything that nobody else wants to hear. i make fun of one nasty skanky looking bitch and a shitstorm of idiots shower me with thier "im superior to you becuase you insulted a friend" bullshit. you can all suck my dick. just delete me and get on with your forum filled little lives

No...

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

Actually the issue is more that you've been nothing but an asshole to people here. Just like in real life if you walk into a place and start spouting off people aren't going to react well. Additionally, when you decide to "make fun of one skanky looking bitch" who other people care for and like, yeah people aren't going to like you.

If you don't understand the basics of human interaction feel free to fuck off and stay out of our "forum filled little lives".

Thank you drive through please.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

You insulted more than one person. If your counting skills and reading comprehension are too limited to digest something well thought-out, you can just respond to the part addressed to you:

To TheNonconformist_Illusion our newest troll: How did you find Blue Blood and what inspired you to sign up for the forums?

The fact that you can't answer that question answers my questions about what you are.

We have freedom of speech here, but you have to be able to back up what you say. I guess you don't have what it takes.

Ignore them, plain and simply, if a troll has no response to a post, perhapps they will just leave and not come back. replying to their postings, seems to give them more to troll about.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I must have fucked this persons boyfriend/girlfriend. LOL!

I cant help it that Im a skank and that everyone wants me, but lets all be thankful that they wont be having sex anymore. The world is now free of one more disease infested slut;]

And its weird that this person called me a lizard, I dont remember anywhere recently saying I have a split tongue. I think I know what forum this poor pitiful excuse of a life came from.

good call.

whoops, that was to vittorio, not you jax!

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    I must have fucked this persons boyfriend/girlfriend. LOL!

I cant help it that Im a skank and that everyone wants me, but lets all be thankful that they wont be having sex anymore. The world is now free of one more disease infested slut;]

And its weird that this person called me a lizard, I dont remember anywhere recently saying I have a split tongue. I think I know what forum this poor pitiful excuse of a life came from.
    don't fuck with her. she's got guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    don't fuck with her. she's got guns.
    Jax and guns and the word fuck...hmmm.. maybe playing with guns is fun,

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Vitorro
    Jax and guns and the word fuck...hmmm.. maybe playing with guns is fun,
    I certainly enjoy it;]

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I love how that image gives one all sorts of fun images for the word "bang".

Damniel's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Banning them just makes the problem worse since they end up creating multiple accounts (like the last troll). The best thing would be to pull a scarlet letter on them. Under their name but in bold "Troll" or something along those lines so that if they choose to post and cause drama one can easily dismiss their comments. Summer always sees a spike in this behaviour so It's no shock but at least they've been schooled again and again to the point they leave.

Besides all they really want is to play the victim, take that away and they have little to work with. For those paid to cause problems...that's tricky since no matter what action is taken...they cause problems. Labeling them as such could at least make it difficult for them to be taken seriously...and if possible ban them via their IP if it gets out of hand.

All in all it's an annoying problem since it can ruin the atmosphere of just about every topic. So it may very well be up to all of us not to given them much to work with or the attention they seek. School em, ignore em, let em drown away...

I agree

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

every thread i seem to open up about this nonconformist_illusions person seems to have pics of Jax in it and I just lose my train of thought.

sorry, but i dont have any advice on how to deal with them.... except dont take any drastic action until the board is really being over-run by them, and i didnt really see that happening.

ok, where was i? oh yes..staring.

only staring?? My what self control you have drew

Baby_Switchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

a) There is a difference between freedom of speech and totally flaming people for no reason. If you don't like somebody's pic, you don't have to say anything. You can say it's not your favourite, but to completely have a go at somebody is pretty out of line, ask anybody here.

b) I love that pic of you, Jax! hehe. Just thought I'd add that last two cents.

thankies for the pic Jax, always a pleasure to stare.. err umm see you here

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

lol see that was fun I personally enjoy watching dumb ignorant and otherwise rude people get ground into the ground which is why i rarely use the ignore button in yahell chat. How can anyone think Jax and any of the models are anything but goreous, they tend to be lovely people too. And again jesus there are ways to say yeah i don;t like that so much in a polite way without being an ass. Personally as I've learned from being in art school, I keep outright dislike of something to myself. If i can't offer goo critisim then what's the point of sitting there railing on something/someone what good is it doing anyone except to clarify that you're a jerk, asshole, fucker, rude and otherwise?

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Trolls...fuck'em
    Jax....fuck her too ( in a really hot and sexually perverted way as possible)

LOVE YA SWEETIE

Ya know, its not just what a person looks like( tho it does seem to help in some circles) that determines what kind of person they are, but the spirit of a person as well. if the spirit is harsh, the person is as well, but a good spirit will shine through all adversity

wow jax.. i dont think ive ever been so turned on..lol.. i think you'll quickly become my fav model!

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

well evrything i was gona say has prety much been said by the rest of you so yeah il be movin along to other threads now

Quote Originally Posted by Nudemuse
    Personally I swing from wanting to school (so much more polite than what I'm thinking) these people to just not coming around quite so much.

I think the people who aren't here just to stir shit should use their ignore functions and/or just not read what these people have to say.

As far as what Forrest and Amelia should do I don't think it's your responsibility to save the rest of us. I think it's a better use of your time to foster the good atmosphere and leave the troll ignoring/schooling etc to the rest of us.
    you have yet to school me shut the fuck up retard

once again, all you assholes are so highly superior to my tiny little "troll" brain I must have missed something

you have yet to school me shut the fuck up retard

once again, all you assholes are so highly superior to my tiny little "troll" brain I must have missed something
    Yes, It's called punctuation.

oh do forgive me, i guess ill save me punkshiation skillz fo when i finds some feller whos worth impressin'

Hula Hoop Supervisor

oh do forgive me, i guess ill save me punkshiation skillz fo when i finds some feller whos worth impressin'
    Didn't know farm animals were so particular...guess everything has its standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Didn't know farm animals were so particular...guess everything has its standards.
    sarcasm, fucknut.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

sarcasm, fucknut.
    So in such a marriage who's the "wife" and does it effect what you eat? Cause like say if you married one of your cows would you not be able to eat OTHER cows cause they'd I guess be inlaws? That must make things tense.

Also how legally binding is it cause since gay marriage is so outlawed that must make what you plan to do even tougher.

scabre's Avatar Senior Member
    oh.. im from leeds, (up north in the uk to be precise!)

ok ill be a kiddie for a second.. ahm * if thats you in the avatar then i might as well rip my fanny out cos after seeing that face ill never want to have sex again.. or worse, have kids in fear they look and act like you *

sorry amelia and forrest, ill be good now

+ Reply to Thread