+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with Trolls

Mother Superior

Default Re: Dealing with Trolls

I just figured something out here... this person goes to forums, to mindlessly ridicule, therefore she will get the attention she so badly lacks in her real day to day existence. Let's face it, to some, any attention is better than none. Unfortunately, we have been giving it to her. I really pity you, sincerely. If you want to feel wanted and supported by people you just can't behave like a tactless human being. Those are the breaks my girl. You cannot just say whatever your little heart desires , and attack people and dilute yourself into thinking there will be no repercussions. Life just doesn't work that way. That's not free speech, that is rudeness, you've got to learn the difference. You really thought you could come here and act that childish? I find that really hard to believe. I know you are young, but that's hardly an excuse. Now you are just being foul-mouthed and acting psychotic by asking they go out of their way to ban you. Is that what it will take to make you feel important today? Please get some help. You have given us something to laugh at today, and I thank you for the entertainment but let this be a lesson to you. I have watched this community grow into a great place, where some of us genuinely do care about eachother. Nothing can change that.

I really had no idea I had missed this fun. It's been a while since I have been around. It's my opinion that no one really cares or is much bothered by the one's that post for the only reason to get attention. Banning them or whatever will only make them sign in again and again under other names. Keeping track of isp's on your part I do think is a great idea but only just for your own records. Real "trolls" or whater can beat the isp thing without a problem. So my advice is let it go. It's not fun to them once we stop paying attention. Im not sure how all this started, but it doesn't interest me to find out. My life will go on as well as the other members here. The others will come and go. They will find other forums that get pissed, ban, threaten, ect. like they want. We here will just move on.

This is one thing I'm not very flexible at.

If someone is a troll, delete them, flat out. Of course, some people are trolls by accident. Those are people who just need to adjust.

But the flat out obvious trolls should be deleted. What do they bring to the community, aside from just a lot of no fun?

I have several ways of handling trolls. One way is a warning system. If a member starts to troll, I just set them to a level 2 warning, which makes me have to approve all of their posts. Level 3 mutes them and flat out prevents them from posting. both of these go away after a few days. Level 4 is a flat out ban that does NOT go away unless I manually change it.

Another method is having enough moderators. I figure for every...25 or so people there should be a moderator. And not just the admins best friend, but a member on the board who is clearly a level headed member that everyone respects.

Having enough moderators can really only allow a troll to sneak in one or two posts before getting nabbed. And of course they could sign up again and again, but it's not worth it. since they'd have to make a new e-mail address for each one and would only be able to squeeze in a few posts before being moderated. In the end, they'd give up. I wouldn't, since I just... don't know how :-p

But if the troll issue on my site (qdork.com) get's super heavy, I'll set it that you need a password to sign up. This could just easily be displayed for anyone to sign up with, or I could change it daily and only let current members of a certain post level see it. And they can give it to their friends to sign up. That provides a sort of Quality control. And if a member is giving out the password to trolls, I can just prevent them from seeing it.

and the WORST case scenario being that my site is simply flooded with trolls, I can set it up so that you need to be manually put into a membergroup before you can access all the boards. so the site would have two sides to it: the public and the private. The public would have a few boards to it. And if we find a niffty member to be posting in there amongst a ton of trolls, we'll just add them into the membergroup and give them access to the private boards.

In the above example, you basically make the member have to prove themselves as to NOT be a troll. And they have to be manually added. So even if they troll in the private, they'll get deleted and have to go through playing nice all over again. Which is a lot of work for them to do. And it could be a lot for me. But my first messae board (bolt.com) had a goth board, and it rocked. Now it's covered in trolls. I refuse to let that happen again. No way is my site going down without a fight. I'm all about the members and I stick to that.

I just gave a way a ton of info. Maybe other people wouldn't have done it for... who knows what reason. But if trolls do indeed become a big problem on this site, using one or a combination of the above methods could help out greatly.

You could let it go... which seems to be an ok idea. and for a few trolls it is. Sometimes they change from trolls to just jokingly acting like an ass.

But bolt... I swear. Half of the members on that site are trolls. and they ALL go to the goth board and ask "what is goth?" or post about... god knows what else. Bolt is an example of how to NOT run a site.

You mentioned that people get paid to troll. Why? How? Who would pay someone to troll? I fail to understand that.

Hellmo's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheNonconformist_Illusion
    im not going to waste time reading whatever the hell your talking about in that essay of a post. all i want to know is how to delete my goddamn account. everyone on here is retarded and thinks they are above everyone else. apparently you can have freedom of speech as long as you dont say anything that nobody else wants to hear. i make fun of one nasty skanky looking bitch and a shitstorm of idiots shower me with thier "im superior to you becuase you insulted a friend" bullshit. you can all suck my dick. just delete me and get on with your forum filled little lives
    i believe this says it all

yeah guys... even I didn't readed all your posts I readed the key ones.....
    don't bang her.... leave her to US...

btw, I would like to bang her... or maybe not
    she looks kinda nice from small pictures but you can't realy see what's there.... can you please reveal your self a litlle bit?
    yes, you nonblah...._illusion....

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

there ya go Olix.... be her knight in shining armor you big stud.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nudemuse
    "skanky looking bitch" who other people care for and like
    Hey Jax... people like you. How do you do that?

I want to be liked too

Quote Originally Posted by drewblood
    there ya go Olix.... be her knight in shining armor you big stud.... lol
    yes... maybe I will.... and don't use "big" words on me (stud)
    I guess that you're being cinical here, but I can't realy guess it because I'm dumb in english language.... as you all know, I'm a serb... and from sweden :/ and learning english is not my first priority... so.... translate stud

damn... how lazy you are when you don't want to spend couple clics on google sometimes when needed....

damn again... I'm going to google around for it....stud

your kidding, right?

well in case your not..... stud. hunk. guy version of "babe" or "hottie".

good looking guy, i would suppose, covers it.

ouch.... bury me....

wait... that's strange. "ouch.... bury me....." showed up as a post from thenonconformist, but her post count was only one.. though it was 34 on all her other replies.

strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellmo
    i believe this says it all

once again, your originality is overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    So in such a marriage who's the "wife" and does it effect what you eat? Cause like say if you married one of your cows would you not be able to eat OTHER cows cause they'd I guess be inlaws? That must make things tense.

Also how legally binding is it cause since gay marriage is so outlawed that must make what you plan to do even tougher.
    are you on crack RIGHT NOW? dear god you people, die.

Hellmo's Avatar Member

isnt there a skateboard and a pair of baggy pants missing an owner somewhere. seriously if your gonna troll the board up at least make sure your good at it

isnt there a skateboard and a pair of baggy pants missing an owner somewhere. seriously if your gonna troll the board up at least make sure your good at it
    Please tell me that you didn't just make a generalization and make fun of a HOBBY AND A STYLE OF CLOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho-Boy
    Please tell me that you didn't just make a generalization and make fun of a HOBBY AND A STYLE OF CLOTHING.
    oh no he didnt'

*snaps fingers*

Hellmo's Avatar Member

just got a feeling this is what theyre into, baggy pants, skateboard (but cant actually skate), skechers, bottle of alcopop and a "no one understands me so im gonna try make everyone feel like shit like me coz mommy didnt buy me a pony" attitude

are you on crack RIGHT NOW?
    Ummm... no?

just got a feeling this is what theyre into, baggy pants, skateboard (but cant actually skate), skechers, bottle of alcopop and a "no one understands me so im gonna try make everyone feel like shit like me coz mommy didnt buy me a pony" attitude
    Unless you actually have some hard evidence (which, as far as I know, you very well may) that she's into that style and that she's a poseur, that's a generalization and generalizations are, by definition, wrong.

my god your a dumbass. i make fun of the same people and I'd like to see you obtain clear convincing evidence that you actually know what your talking about. people stereotype themselves, its thier fault. fuck off.

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE MANAGE TO BREATHE????

logging off now. have fun cocksuckers

Hellmo's Avatar Member

my god your a dumbass. i make fun of the same people and I'd like to see you obtain clear convincing evidence that you actually know what your talking about. people stereotype themselves, its thier fault. fuck off.

i bet she comes back on

what a fulfilling life you must lead coming on here to troll, i wonder if this is your sole exsistence for living. out of all the people on here, i dont think theres anyone more pathetic

why not try either just leaving or stop behaving like someone whos parents were once cousins

next up your going to reply with something along the lines of

"i have a life and you fuckers are so pathetic, oh my god why do you fucking guys even breathe for fucks sakes. you guys are so stupid and pathetic and worthless"

or something along those lines

go on, prove me right hahaha

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

good bye....dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
    we breathe like this " in through the nose, out through the mouth"
    DUH

M.F..... that's a probably a backup plan but don't tell anyone
    I still don't have heart to use it

....next up your going to reply with something along the lines of

"i have a life and you fuckers are so pathetic, oh my god why do you fucking guys even breathe for fucks sakes. you guys are so stupid and pathetic and worthless"....
    you forgot cocksuckers... at least there she's partialy right

Hula Hoop Supervisor

are you on crack RIGHT NOW? dear god you people, die.
    So does this mean you're the wife in such a situatation cause technically if you married a cow it would be "putting meat on the table" and all that.

Man, who knew marrying farm animals was so complicated. My hats off to ya...though I do wonder where one registers and who exactly performs the marriage...I mean wouldn't a cow more likely be hindu?

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

oooh i bet cows make a great tandoori chiken

tandoori chicken... mmmmmmmm... that just made me hungry, or I'm just high gona roll one more goodnight "chicken" and drop in my bead...

tomorrow is a new day and I'm working from 6 am fucking construction work

tired.....

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

I wonder if he (TheNonconformist_Illusion) can make a simple response without calling someone a name?

As for the topic at hand, I like that this community stays free from banning people. I don't have a solution, because personally I don't see the problem clearly. Yes he is an asshole, but so are the people who jump on his case. You can't ban someone in real life just because you don't agree with their opinions.

However I find irony in, what if he is someone paid to cause havoc in this forum and in turn he actually likes this forum and wants to stay.

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

P.S. Jax is an awesome person.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    Hey Jax... people like you. How do you do that?

I want to be liked too
    I really pay people to be my friends;p

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I think its a bored, undersexed, around mid 40's house wife who caught her husband (or bull, whichever she prefers) looking at my pics while spanking his monkey.

Jealousy does weird things to a person.

Thurbane316's Avatar Throbbing Member

I think the best way to deal with morons like this is to just ignore them, and let the admins ban their sorry asses. I'm a mod at another forum, and that's our policy.

P.S. As I said in the other thread, I think Jax and Scabre are plenty hot

Thurbane316's Avatar Throbbing Member

If simple banning isn't enough, you could ban by IP...or even lodge a formal complaint with their ISP if they are uberpests...

...you wouldn't belive some of the crap I've had as a moderator...oh wait, you probably would.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

OK let me get this straight, there are people out there who, not only have they nothing better to do than to spend time typing all that spew but it's not even thier own idea to do it but someone elses?

I think i'll laugh now

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    I think its a bored, undersexed, around mid 40's house wife who caught her husband (or bull, whichever she prefers) looking at my pics while spanking his monkey.

Jealousy does weird things to a person.
    ouch... not far from truth :P

"friends" cost much these days

evilassmaster's Avatar Exiled
    Brunswick, Maine... the other white bread

I think the nonconformist_illusion has a point though, despite contradicting him/herself by actually staying here...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by evilassmaster
    I think the nonconformist_illusion has a point though, despite contradicting him/herself by actually staying here...
    And that point was what? Cause I doubt even that twit had a clue about it.

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

Trolls live under bridges, no? Burn the bridge, the troll has no place to stay.
    Stop giving the troll the attention that he obviously craves, and what else will there be to say? Bridge is burned.... Troll will go away.
    The only trolls I like were the ones that had purple hair that you could twist and braid and spin as a child. And they were CUTE little trolls..those little dollie thingies. This one is an anathema.
    Burn the bridge.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by sunkarma
    The only trolls I like were the ones that had purple hair that you could twist and braid and spin as a child. And they were CUTE little trolls..those little dollie thingies.
    Those things scared the hell out of me and still do...they're creepy.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    And that point was what? Cause I doubt even that twit had a clue about it.
    Im sure interested in the answer!

Point: Im a skank.
    Point: Im unattractive to NI.
    Point: I have red hair.
    Point: Im a lizard.
    Point: Im a faggot.

So what this person is saying is Im a homosexual amphibian called a skank (the blue tongue variety) with a red head, and Im ugly. Lol. Cool.

+ Reply to Thread