+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Birfday present for me mum

Default Birfday present for me mum

My mom turns 60 this tuesday, the 23rd. She was upset because nobody celebrated her 40th or 50th. But showed me a card her sister sent her and had a rather large smile because of it. Which I thought was interesting.

So I'm going to pull all my talents together (all 3 of them) and make her a book. It shall be called "60 reasons why I love my mom" By me, of course.

I have 4 days to think up 60. and then put them into a book. I already got the book (a sketch book, actually) and some crayons (because I draw like an 8 year old anyway) and some gel pens.

I'm certain she'll love it. But ahhh! 4 days!!!

anyway. If anybody has some creative idea's to help me along, that would be great. I got some books from the library on creativity idea's and stuff. But input would be great.

actually, the assistant librarians at the library thought it was the sweetest thing they had ever heard of (middle aged+ woman).

Anyway, input is welcome.

Otherwise, what is something sweet you have done for someone you cared about?

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

Default Re: Birfday present for me mum

that's a very nice gesture =^-^=

Mother Superior

It is indeed a very nice thing for you to do, and creative. Seems as though we both have Virgos as mothers, born on the same day too. My mom turns 57 on 8/23, almost 60, not quite. We are going to celebrate tomorrow though.

theres a book i dont remember what its called but its pretty popular all over the place.. its a little blue book and has a frog on the cover and its all about moms. its awesome! i bought one for my moms birthday a few years back. ill post back if i find it.

aha! here it is
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books
    then theres also this one for moms by the same author
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=UTF8&v=glance

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

heheee the monkey on that second book looks like my brother when he was little... he had the SAME hair... it was hilarious...

that is like the sweetest most coolest thing to do for your mom tho man.. heh i love it write a list tho of the stuff you love about your mom first so you dont forget :S hehe i know i would forget... id be like "okay what i love about my mom... um... she brings me FOOD!... uhhh... DAMMIT!! *braindead*"

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Mom suck (ok not ALL of them, but mine does, so sorry..no help from me.)
    I'm just waiting for the right time to put her away into one of those "special" homes.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

well...i do all kindsa scrapbooking...but this is different...but maybe put some pictures in your book...and relate the reason on that page to the picture...just a few, not all of the pages.

+ Reply to Thread