+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Common Sense

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

Default Common Sense

While Amelia touched on the subject with respect to the outbreak of trolls in forum I'd like to touch on it in a broader sense. I guess with summer break over the disallusioned masses must return to their slave labour and can not retain their aggrivation and bitchiness on having to do so.
    I'd like to ask why it seems so hard for so many people to use common sense, in regards to the forums, as some people have pointed out, why join Blue Blood if you did not like what you say in the first place I mean the place does cater to a certain crown and if you're against these things why put yourself somehwere that you don't want to be?
    Some people say these people crave attention and sometimes I just don't know. Though my browsing on bisexual.com's chat I've found a lack of common sense there as well. People who state that because I'm a virgin that I can't possibly be bisexual. I guess that means I can't be gay or straight then either?
    Or of course there are always the assholes flooding yahoo's chat. Men wandering about the girl's only chat for lesbians trying to show the girls their themselves jacking off on cam. Do they really think that the girls in the lesbian chat room will fall at their feet over seeing their manly prowess?
    All in all is simply seems to me these people are lacking in common sense, which as the saying goes seems to not be oh so common these days. A lack of common sense and an increase of people simply being out and out rude, disgusting, shitheads or whatever you prefer to call the mudflinging gremlins.
    Not only their behaviour desigusts me but their lack of ability to support their point of veiw sensibly and without throwing out namecalling in the process. They all basically sit there going while stomping their feet like petulant spoiled children.
    Is it just because I participated in debate club for so long that these people have me wanting to kill them slowly and as painfully as possible?
    With all this said I'd like to nominate SunKarma and Jax as the official troll killers of Blue Blood.

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Default Re: Common Sense

I assume that some people are just happy trying to create discord. Also, some have a very juvenile attitude, thinking that they are being "funny". I see this all the time in retail.

I mean, I'm amazed at the amount of energy people put forward for things they hate. I can't believe how many webpages are out there about something somebody hates, and they seem to put forth more energy in keeping up these site than the people who actually have a love for the thing.

Honestly, it's a mentality I don't understand, and I hope I never do. I don't want to develop empathy for someone who wants to be a jerk for the sole purpose of being a jerk.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

hate is quite the powerful emotion.....stems from the ego.....

and whats the most damaging thing in all human existince?.....the Ego....

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

It's all attention. Ever spammed a board you hated just because you hated it, or knew someone who did? Ever ran into somewhere you disliked and threw ketchup bombs at their staff? You don't have to enjoy being there; all you have to do is feel like you're doing your 'duty', or hell, just amusing yourself at the expense of people you really couldn't give less of a shit about anyway, and hey, free good time.

It's juvenile, but fuck... I've done stupid things while drunk and full of hate. I also have no idea how to prevent it on a messageboard. Bleh.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I hold a small moment of pity for the people who have nothing better to do than cause problems like this. Usually its out of boredom, so I hope they all find hobbies that dont involve deceitful activities.

Human nature. Its crap.

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Human nature. Its crap.
    a virus in shoes...

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

Is the trouble that these people don't think, or that they think wrong?
    Or is it that they don't think, then act wrong?
    I personally find acting on instinct to work out fine, generally. But these asses... I can't say if they don't do the same, and we all KNOW what heappens with them. Teh slaagggs.

I can't see how people can consider humanity a virus. Sure, you can reel off that line from the Matrix, but to be honest-- who's to say a dog-evolved intelligence wouldn't do the same? All animals become wasteful when thiving!
    A fox, for instance, kills the coop and takes the chicken, thinking the food'll still be there later. We're just trying top make things easier.

Not that that buys us any redemption. We may be as selfish as any other species would be in our shoes, but we're still selfish. There's only one thing I like about humans, and that's the fact we can create works of art, appreciate beauty, write poetry and stories and all...

Pity we then go screwing ourselves over with selfish taunts or childish behavior.

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

sorry dude, not referring to the matrix - 'mankind is a virus in shoes' is a bill hicks quote. sorry to be pedantic and all.

i'm not saying any other animal will do the same or different to us when evolved as far. but when a national newspaper starts a paedophile witch hunt so bad that a paediatrician is beaten nearly to death by a bunch of illiterate assholes, and then the 'voice of public opinion' states that she shouldn't have had 'paediatrician' outside her office as it could be taken to mean paedophile, can you really argue that human nature isn't shite? and when another newspaper calls a tv comedy show 'sick, perverse and evil' for highlighting this stupidity while on the facing page saying 'who's a big (titted) girl now' about 15 year old charlotte church, can you really consider humanity evolved or anything other than a hateful species obsessed with destroying and belittling anything they don't quite get?

sorry, there was a point but i'm pissed up on cider. turns me into an argumentative twat.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I think it's exactly what you said it is.

Lack of common sense.

I was commenting about that to some female friends of mine,
    who were complaining about guys being rude and crude and
    aggressive at bars and clubs. Touching the girls, hitting on them,
    etc, etc... Generally behaving with a lack of class, and a lack of
    appropriate behavior. The girls came very close to hitting a
    couple of these guys, because they were so rude.

So I asked them where was the common sense?

If you act like a jerk, and you see women don't like it,
    why do they keep doing it? Even if some girls are ok
    with asshole behavior, these guys should be able to
    see that a lot of girls don't like it. But they seem to
    have no ability to change their game. Maybe it's just
    who they are, and they have been idiots for so long,
    it's just impossible to change.

But regardless if it's guys and girls, or people on
    message boards, people need to realize when something
    is not working. Like if you post about racism, and then
    make a bunch of racist comments, and people get mad
    at you, don't you think that should let you know that
    even if you believe that, if you say so, people won't
    like it? People say all kinds of lame and offensive
    things, and then act all sad that they have no friends.
    Well, if you stop doing things that people dislike,
    you will probably have a lot more friends.

It's true even about attention whores online.
    If you post all kinds of stuff to get attention,
    and people start making fun of you, maybe
    you need to try a different method.

People need to look at how their actions affect people.

Do people like how you act?

A lot of people will say they do not care what people think.
    That's fine. But don't complain when you can't get a job,
    or can't keep a girlfriend/boyfriend, or don't get along
    with people... It's always up to you. Yes, there are assholes
    out there. But if you try to be a nice person, people generally
    respond pretty well to you.

I just really do see a big lack of common sense with regards
    to people's behavior. Online and IRL. People need to think
    about what they do, and pay attention to how people react.
    If you're not getting a good reaction, it's time to change things.
    It's a lot easier to change yourself, than to change the world.
    Sad but true...

+ Reply to Thread