+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I honestly think I'm going insane...

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Default I honestly think I'm going insane...

This last year, I've slowly been able to see clearer and clearer that the things I think about and do are just not normal. I've been seeing alot of things that are unexplainable, I know they're not real but I can't help it from happening. Sometimes I see things just happening before my eyes that I know are not real. Other times I just imagine the most violent things happening to myself. (espeshily when I ride in a vehicle, it happens constantly during that time) I know I can pin point alot of it to being involved in a violent lifestyle when I was younger, and seeing alot of people be physically hurt. I think it's sort of like how they say people came home from vietnam and never were the same again because there memories haunt them. However beyond seeing things, I seem to take intrest in unhealthy things like torture of others and the effects of diseases. Alot of my actions, are not normal and neither are the things I say. I seem absent of all sympathy for others. It sort of has been creeping me out as of late. I was wondering if anyone out there has had similiar experinces or has any advice other then going to a doctor for meds.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: I honestly think I'm going insane...

um yeah well just because you are into abnormal things doesnt neccesarily mean anything but it could also mean everything coupled with seeing things it could be early signs of schizophrenia you need to see a shrink because if you catch it before it starts to seriously effect your life it can be treated relatively easily and probably wont result in you being institutionalized or something though if the doc thinks its serious you may have to stay in the hospital for a little while

and your little dog too

i know a little bit about being too angry. sometimes talking to someone good can help much than a prescription. therapy really helped me and meds did not. if you talk to a professional you don't have to worry about what you say becoming gossip or making them think weird things about you and it can help you deal.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

that too most shrings and/or psycologists wont give you meds unless you really need them especially if you tell them that you dont want to take them but yeah talking to a psychologist can really help and than can give really good advice just make sure you find one thats highly reccomended because some of them are really terrible and youll just end up worse off than you where before

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

Question: Are you in a rut?

This kinda crap does creep up on you if you just have been living your life one way forever with no surprises. It can have a bunch of different symptoms, too: I slowly lost all my emotions. It sucks. It also self-perpetuates. Go out and get drunk and have sex with people you only know by an alias drunkenly whispered in your ear directly before the sex toy entered. Have fun: psychoses can't linger when you're genuinely enjoying yourself.

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

Speaking from a psychological perspective, Thorazine is right...could be the early stages of schizophrenia. Delusions and Seeing things that are not real or are violent in nature are one of the signs. Go see a psychiatrist. If you need meds to get level, then thats fine. Stay away from the Haldol, it makes people brainless zombies.
    Psychologists (unless Clinical) cannot do anything but therapy. You need to either see a Clinical Psychologist to diagnose you (then he will probably send you to a psychiatrist) or a psychiatrist. I recommend a female if you are female, male if you are male (the culture/understanding factors, there). Just GO before it gets worse. Normally stressors bring out the beginnings of schizophrenia...and it usually develops when people are in their mid to late 20's. So...whatever you are stressing about, STOP...and go see a doc.

Sun
    Resident Psych

Camby it's because yer livin like Grizzly Adams right now...Do the animals talk to u too?

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

Did anyone see Grizzly Adams on episode 7 of "Cathouse"? Funny stuff.

daamn, I missed that one Sun, but I do like da Bunny Ranch, gotta go visit one of these days and see if Air Force Amys pompoms are real or not

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

One of my better friends from high school that I still keep in touch with and hang out occasionally was diagnosed with a hard core case of scizophrenia. He's like a whole different person now, claiming he has psychic powers and shit.

Get it before it gets you...

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

sometimes when I close my eyes at night I get these horrible violent thoughts..thye just flash before my eyes..sick stuff...car wrecks,people ripping out their eyes...weird stuff..and the only way I can make them go away is to stay awake for a bit longer. A long time ago I used to not be able to sleep...they diagnosed it as paranoid insomnia I stayed awake for so long that I made myself crazy....I would see things...I thought they were real, I could see them hear them taste them and touch them...people, objects....really bad...one night a ransacked the garage because I thought someone killed a baby and hid it in the house.....thats when I went to the hospital, they drugged me up for three days and sent me home with some sleeping pills...it worked...havent had a problem since...

Host's Avatar Member

only in episodes... i have slight hallucinations, and my metabolism and biothytm go berzerk. i stop eating and sleeping for a few days, then vice versa. i hear people calling me, when i'm completely alone at home. i get extreme mood changes: from overreacting positivelly, to dropping deeper than ever for no apparent reason. i easily get terribly annoyed in cheerful/enthusiastic group situations. i can't talk to people anymore. not that i have nothing to say, it's hard to explain... i just can't... that's what i hate most about myself, because when i need to say something (and really want to), i can't do it.

i dont think i'm that big of a case for a shrink. i just think i need to loosen up (A LOT!) and find something (i like) to do as a vent, and do it.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Empathy is one of those things, that if you don't learn it, you end up a sociopath.
    Which doesn't always mean you end up a serial killer, etc...
    But it's good to realize it's not healthy, and to try to talk
    to someone about the problem. You can learn to get out
    of that state of mind, and learn to care for others, etc...
    It just takes some effort. So it's a good thing if you can
    try to do something about it before you do anything bad...

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

i dont think i differenciate from reality and everything else now not when its happening but in retrospect "did that happen? who said that?" plus my dreams are getting more and more violent every time i go to sleep and i cant sit next to someone on the bus without wishing some nasty bloody death on them and that thing host said about hearing people calling my name when theres no on there ALL THE TIME
    i think im just lonely and friendless at the moment
    but when i start college again and im busy ill start seeing random things again but that'll just be stress because i think i can handle two full time college courses a weekend job and work in the theatre for experience

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Sounds like you're grappling with trauma you haven't completely worked through. It is possible you are schizophrenic, but you should first seek help to try to deal with what may be the underlying issues.

OEC

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

if your seeing things like actual halucinations then you might want to get that checked, otherwise it sounds like everyday life for me , I just figured out how to make it entertaining

+ Reply to Thread