+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Free Loops?

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Free Loops?

any of my fellow electronic musicians out there know where i can get some free industrial and IDM for Acid? i usually make my own but i need a lot real quick for a class im taking on how to use Acid

Default Re: Free Loops?

hrm.. heres a quick course in loops 101
    dont use acid
    yes its easy and its simple point and click but you are pretty limited to what you can do. i would suggest cubase and or sonar 3 to do some neater stuff. more effects, and options.. just my 2 cents though.
    once you go more advanced pro tools and the likes are the way to go.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Ah this reminds me of the days playing with FruityLoops...oh the noise I made. Damn fun though.

As far as specific places to find em...damn...I use to have a whole list of em. Check around doing simple searches...I know I know...a whole lotta crap comes up at first but if you dig around a bit you'll find some interesting stuff. I know I did.

yep yep, diggin around is how I found My way here, so its a good thing to do, esp in a cemetary.....

I know there's plenty of refill's on sharing networks like dc++ and bittorrent
    use Reason to build your own loops and then export and arange them in acid.... VoldtaEngler has a good point with sonar... and there's cubase sx or nuendo by same company which I prefer more

I would sugest some session with anyone over internet to gain/exchange some quick knowlenge... simply start a project in reason and then after a while send the file over msn to your session buddy and let him continue with it, at the same time you continue with yours.... after a while you exchange both files.... and so on
    that way you get 2 versions of same song and some exta fun

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

mmm. fruit loops.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

actually i prefer to use Sonar but the class im taking requires that i use Acid and i figured since ive known how to use acid for a couple of years it would be an easy A . And for making loops i prefer fruity loops over reason simply because FL has VSTi support and I have a HUGE amount of VSTis that sound really baddass i guess i could use rewire to run FL through reason and use that for VSTis but my computer isnt that fast

+ Reply to Thread