+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ozzfest...

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Ozzfest...

For those of you who havent heard about the events that took place at the Ozzfest show in San Bernadino a couple weeks ago here is a pretty good account http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=40739

For those of you who heard about it or just read what are your opinions I personally think Sharon Osbourne is an unprofessional bitch who ruined the show for the 40,000+ fans in attendance and apparently most of the metal community agrees

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Ozzfest...

i was always a way bigger Maiden fan than a Sabath fan, thats prety lame that they tried to ruin thir show but at the same time shows how profesional the guys from Maiden are , and it seemes like they rocked the place regardless of what happened

t3hpurple0ne's Avatar Junior Member

wow, and to think i used to have a scrap of respect for her... how incredibly childish, unprofessional, and generally fucked up of her to orchestrate such an incredibly disrespectful and disgusting occurance.
    w00t to the maiden guys, they really showed what they were made of and didn't take that crap lying down.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

hahahahahahahahahhaha(ok enough laughing)

it fiquers they had to go get the shitty hardcore bands to jump on the "Egg throwing" bandwagon....

losers....all of them...i'm glad to say i still think Ozzfest is stuipid...well unless your about 13.....

sorry guys....

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    hahahahahahahahahhaha(ok enough laughing)

it fiquers they had to go get the shitty hardcore bands to jump on the "Egg throwing" bandwagon....

losers....all of them...i'm glad to say i still think Ozzfest is stuipid...well unless your about 13.....

sorry guys....
    Lmao so true though

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I think it is silly to whine about professionalism in an industry based on parties and excess. Why aren't people complaining about Maiden's lack of professionalism in slagging another band to the press and from the stage on a tour they were sharing with that band?

Some smalltime band manager who doesn't have the balls to sign his name wants to slag a successful band manager like Sharon Osbourne who has succeeded in a male dominated profession? Hard not to just write that off as petty envy.

Maybe Bruce Dickinson should have thought about it before deciding to repeatedly bite the hand that feeds. Sharon Osbourne could have fired his ass from the tour. Instead, all that happened was a goofy prank where some people threw eggs at the stage and possibly Dickinson's mic got turned down when he was using the Ozzfest stage as a platform to speak ill of its organizers. Whatever.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    I think it is silly to whine about professionalism in an industry based on parties and excess. Why aren't people complaining about Maiden's lack of professionalism in slagging another band to the press and from the stage on a tour they were sharing with that band?

Some smalltime band manager who doesn't have the balls to sign his name wants to slag a successful band manager like Sharon Osbourne who has succeeded in a male dominated profession? Hard not to just write that off as petty envy.

Maybe Bruce Dickinson should have thought about it before deciding to repeatedly bite the hand that feeds. Sharon Osbourne could have fired his ass from the tour. Instead, all that happened was a goofy prank where some people threw eggs at the stage and possibly Dickinson's mic got turned down when he was using the Ozzfest stage as a platform to speak ill of its organizers. Whatever.
    it's true, I think it was all blown out of proportion... I mean she does that kinda shit on a daily basis....it could've been much worse

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    it's true, I think it was all blown out of proportion... I mean she does that kinda shit on a daily basis....it could've been much worse

Not just Sharon Osbourne, but bands on tour in general. Bands pranking each other while on tour is a pretty time-honored tradition. I think if a bunch of music fans don't mind getting sticky in the hot sun at an outdoor festival, a little egg throwing shouldn't put them in a tizzy. But it probably didn't bug the real rock fans that much, just some sexist coward of an anonymous backstage trash talker.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Wow, the rock world is really reaching if this is big news. Somebody fuck Dickenson with a shark, then I might be interested.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

while i agree that Dickenson was somewhat out of line it was still a pretty dipshit thing to do the egging thing doesnt bother me as much as much as the fact that they cut the PA system 7 times i mean if they did it once that probably wouldnt have been a big deal but thats fucking ridiculous and by fucking up the show like that Sharon was really shitting on the fans. and also if you look around on the net youll realise that there are accounts of this whole incident by several people this just happened to be the most complete one i could find and BTW it bugged the fans so much that over half of them walked out after the set according to every post i could find on the subject

If the PA got cut during an important song, I think that would be rude to the fans. If the PA got cut during a diatribe about the Osbourne family, who cares whether the fans could hear all of that? If more than 20,000 people left Ozzfest early because they gave a flying fuck about a few flying eggs, there would be photos and video of that and there is not evidence that anything of the sort happened. All the accounts I've seen of it suggest that Iron Maiden were "co-headliners" and they simply were not. Take a look at http://www.ozzfest.com/bands.html If it bothered the boys in Maiden that much to open for Sabbath, they should have turned down the gig. No one put a gun to their heads and forced them to take the money. If Maiden had a manager with the qualities Sharon Osbourne has, then maybe they would have a headlining spot on a major festival tour. But they don't so they don't.

It DID cut out during an important song a couple of times Dicenson didnt make any huge diatribes against the osbourne family either he made a couple of remarks about their TV show thats all thats been reported and all i could pick up from watching bootleg tapes of the thing and originally Iron Maiden WAS listed as a co-headliner i remember seeing that when i was looking to buy tickets for ozzfest a couple of months ago

Okay, I just tooled around the Ozzfest site. I hadn't really looked at it in a long time. Last time I was on the guest list for that show was years ago and I blew it off because they gave me one VIP ticket when I really would have been happier with two regular ones at the time. No way was I going to drive to the middle of nowhere by myself to meet up with some publicist who seemed to think he was going to get a wild piece of strange because my publications are erotic. Festivals sometimes bring out crowds who are not totally into what they are supposed to be celebrating and I like seeing bands in dark clubs with AC better than in desert heat. But I digress.

So I was checking out their site and Sharon Osbourne has posted a hysterical letter to the unfortunately named manager of Iron Maiden. If I worked in rock and roll and my name included anything that sounded like Small Wood . . . well I understand his desire not to use his name. Here is what she wrote and I have to say I think she is totally in the right:

AUGUST 25, 2005

An open letter to Rod Smallwood (Manager: Iron Maiden; Chairman: Sanctuary Group)

Rod,

I found your statement to be completely void of the facts that led up to Saturday's show. Your press release was written like an old time 80's manager, trying to use every opportunity to try and sell the record and the upcoming shows instead of just dealing with the truth.

These are the facts:

You claim to have been in the business for 30 years and have been to hundreds of gigs, but can you tell me how many times you have heard of an opening band talking sh*t about the headliner during their set and getting away with it? Not only is Ozzy the headliner, but he is also the man who is paying your band $185,000 a night. We gave Iron Maiden a chance to play to the biggest audiences they have ever played to in the U.S.A. We accommodated them with their stage set and at the band's request we even scoured the audience for people wearing Iron Maiden t-shirts and brought them down front during their set to make them feel more comfortable. Tell me, what other headliner would do that? Unfortunately those gestures were completely lost on Bruce Dickinson who for over 20 shows continually berated Ozzy and Ozzfest during his set.

Over the last 10 years of Ozzfest we have worked with over 200 bands. None of them were ever disrespectful to Ozzy or any of the other bands on the tour. But for 20 shows we were forced to hear Dickinson's nightly outbursts from the stage: "When we come back to America, we'll be back with a proper sound system?or "We won't be playing the same old songs every night (like Sabbath),?"We don't need a teleprompter (like Ozzy)" and "We don't need a reality show to be legit (again, like Ozzy)." Night after night we heard his complaints from the stage about how "corporate" the venues were and how "outrageous" the ticket prices were. Strangely enough, if you want to get a general admission ticket to stand in a field to see Iron Maiden at Reading this weekend it's going to cost you over $120. I would say that's very pricey, wouldn't you?

When an artist comes on stage and says he's not playing the 55 minutes that he was allotted and that he is going to play for as long as he wants (cutting into Sabbath's set), I'm not going to let that happen. Dickinson was under the delusion that the 46,000 people in San Bernardino had come only to see Iron Maiden. He even proclaimed "This is not the Ozzfest, This is Maidenfest." I guess no one told him that we have an audience of 45,000 to 53,000 people every year in San Bernardino.

Here's another fact for you. Bruce Dickinson's own band was embarrassed by him. Iron Maiden leader, Steve Harris, even came to Ozzy's dressing room to apologize to Ozzy for Bruce's behavior before Maiden took the stage in San Bernardino.

It's shameful that Dickinson felt he had the right to air his issues publicly onstage every night as a way to boost his own ego. Dickinson never once came up to Ozzy and me to voice any concerns. He certainly had the opportunity to do so every night. If he wasn't able to show us that courtesy then why should I give him the respect to air my grievances with him in private? Ozzy's only interaction with Dickinson was on the first night of the tour. Ozzy, being the true gentleman that he is, passed Bruce in the hall and said "Good luck and have a great show" Unfortunately Dickinson felt the need to turn his back to Ozzy and walked away. Frankly, Dickinson got what he deserved. We had to listen to his bullsh*t for five straight weeks. He only had to suffer a couple of eggs on the head.

On closing, yes, I did cut Iron Maiden's sound. This is the way I look at it: Ozzfest is our tour. We built it into something that's lasted 10 years now. We've been responsible for breaking many new bands and resurrecting the careers of former superstars. Part of our success stems from the fact that when a band is on Ozzfest we treat them with nothing but kindness and respect just as if we had invited them into our home. You can ask all of the bands who have been on the tour. They all describe it as the "ultimate summer camp." It's like one big family. Unfortunately Dickinson doesn't have the manners to realize that when you are invited into someone's home, are seated at their dinner table, are eating their food and drinking their wine, you shouldn't talk disrespectfully about them (Ozzy, Black Sabbath, and Ozzfest), otherwise you just might get your ass handed to you. Every action has a reaction. Was Dickinson so naïve to think that I was going to let him get away with talking sh*t about my family night after night? I don't think he realizes who he's dealing with. I will not endure behavior like this from anyone.

I know you would love to keep talking about this because this is the most press that Iron Maiden has had in the U.S. in twenty years, but let's move on, shall we?

Sincerely,

The "Real" Iron Maiden
    Sharon Osbourne
    __________________________________________________ __

Yeah thats HER side of the story i dont buuy it at all not after watching tapes from the show and reading about 50 accounts of it also if she had a problem with ONE person from the band why in the hell did she have to do somthing like that to the rest of him and couldnt she have done something that didnt involve fucking over the fans like it did if she had a problem with Dickenson she could have handled it maturely and in a way that didnt not fuck up a show that a lot of people payed a lot of money to see

BTW here is the official response from Iron Maidens manager:

Maiden are currently returning from America and preparing for UK festivals this weekend and don't wish to waste time giving Sharon Osbourne's statement the dignity of a reply. Considering the disgraceful nature of the events that occurred they feel it's a pretty dismal effort at self justification and they don't think Metal fans are at all gullible and that they will easily see through it. They want no more to do with this sorry incident and are very much looking forward to headlining Reading and Leeds Festivals this weekend.

I would however like to add my own comment on this.

In 30 years in this business and after attending hundreds of gigs l have never seen anything anywhere near as disgusting and unprofessional as what went on that night. I was standing on our sound desk out front as usual but ran to the stage as soon as the hail of missiles began and from then on watched from the front of the stage right next to Bruce's walkway. The scale, viciousness and concentration of the throwing made it obvious that this was a premeditated and co-ordinated attack. Assaulting musicians while performing by throwing bottle tops, lighters and eggs at them from just a few yards away is vile, dangerous, criminal and cowardly. It is incredible that Ozzfest security apparently did nothing about it - aren't they there to protect the bands too? Especially when the band is concentrating on a performance in front of 45,000 people and the missiles are coming out of the glare of the spotlights. And to spit at a band on stage is unforgivable.

Iron Maiden, like all the bands on Ozzfest, had to sign quite onerous legal documents part of which was promising not to throw anything into the audience, even wristbands!!! Ironic isn't it.

It is well documented on the web who was responsible for planning and participating in this attack and for musicians to join in this assault on other musicians is a shocking disgrace akin to treachery. You should all be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.

We know who authorised the making of the 'ozzy - ozzy' chant tape the day before and how it was played secretly through the PA at the very beginning and end of our set.

We also know who continually turned off the power interrupting our set at crucial moments. It is a good thing that the power was turned back on before there was a riot as you could sense on stage a lot of the huge audience were getting totally pissed off at this continual onslaught on the band.

The great majority of the Ozzfest crew throughout the tour were terrific and we thank them. Those who participated or stood idly by and watched as this all went down should also be ashamed of themselves and l would certainly hope they never come near a tour with which we are involved.

There is little point in my commenting on the chap with the flag or their trying to hold up Eddie or Sharon's speech as the audience made their feelings very clear on each occasion.

And in the end what was all this about?? If l had any sort of problem or misunderstanding with a band working on a tour we were involved in l would go and talk to them or their manager - not wait until the end of a tour and assault and ambush them. Or was that really it?

I find it staggering that this ambush would take place in front of any audience, let alone in San Bernardino, the biggest audience of the tour. Didn't that audience merit any consideration? They pay an awful lot to be there in terms of prices for tickets, parking, food, beer etc. Surely if they spend this sort of money they deserve to watch the bands they paid to see be able to put in a full unhindered performance. Free of danger and intimidation. If I had paid I would ask for my money back!

And this audience really were outstanding, giving the band incredible support and many voting with their feet in disgust after the set and the speech, which to many was the final insult.

I have to say l was immensely proud of Maiden who stood up to it all and showed great courage and just got better and better through the adversity. Their heads never dropped, instead they went on the offensive. It was a truly memorable moment when Bruce went to the very front of the stage during Trooper - something which he never normally does as he is usually on the ramps - waving the flag whilst avoiding the hail of missiles and yelling 'This is a fucking British flag, and these colours don't fucking run!'. The imperturbable attitude and ability of the band shone through and in the end made this a truly remarkable rock and roll event, even if for all the wrong reasons.

We will have no more to say on this matter except that l do think the band deserve an apology from a number of people, and you know who you are.

ROD SMALLWOOD
    MANAGER, IRON MAIDEN
    CHAIRMAN, SANCTUARY ARTIST MANAGEMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    Yeah thats HER side of the story i dont buuy it at all not after watching tapes from the show and reading about 50 accounts of it also if she had a problem with ONE person from the band why in the hell did she have to do somthing like that to the rest of him and couldnt she have done something that didnt involve fucking over the fans like it did if she had a problem with Dickenson she could have handled it maturely and in a way that didnt not fuck up a show that a lot of people payed a lot of money to see
    Do you have any links to videos of the shows or sites not controlled by Maiden which show they were "co-headliners?"

Both the Blabbermouth report and the Ozzfest press release state that Dickenson stated he was not going to limit the Iron Maiden performance to their allotted set time. A professional band who has been around as long as they have should know how to play their songs within the time given.

What would have been more "mature" for a promoter to do? Have security escort the members of Maiden offstage and then offsite after their 55 minutes of their last tour date were up? That is how a proper corporation like IBM or Microsoft would do it.

If Bruce Dickenson hadn't called Ozzy and co out in public, he wouldn't have gotten egged in public. Live by the sword, die by the sword. He had his management send out press releases because he got hit with an egg.

I really doubt that a few flying eggs ruined the show for people who were there all day.

like i said the egg thing wasnt the problem that was probably annoying as hell but what people are pissed about is the whole PA system cutting thing which did fuck up the show and the video i have i got from limewire go look for it if you want to see it and two months ago Iron Maiden was listed as the co-headliner on the official ozzfest website which was changed at some point ( i have no idea weither that has anything to do with this or not but i do know that on the ozzfest webforum any posts disagreeing with how this was handeled get deleted)

Why is it always the immature response to an immature act that gets called out? Someone is a baby, and they get treated like a baby, but they are never the ones called out for being unprofessional. It's like everyone has to be an adult when some jerk is crying in the candy store. If some jerk causes a problem, why should they not pay the obvious price for that? Sharon 'shitted on the fans' by fucking with someone wasting the fans time by spouting rudeness. If Ozzy didn't have the fans he does, they wouldn't have had the gig, so talking trash about him is 'shitting on the fans'. You get your sound jacked for that, you had it coming. These festivals however, they breed unpleasantness. The bands are always cranky, the fans are always cranky, and any minor thing goes wrong (which it always does) and people get in ugly fights and stuff. Rock & Roll just wasn't meant to be played this way.

Dickenson made one quip thats been reported about ozzy onstage i mean if he was ranting about how lame ozzy was or something then i could understand but he wasnt and if he wasnt im sure people wouldnt be so pissed off about it

like i said the egg thing wasnt the problem that was probably annoying as hell but what people are pissed about is the whole PA system cutting thing which did fuck up the show and the video i have i got from limewire go look for it if you want to see it and two months ago Iron Maiden was listed as the co-headliner on the official ozzfest website which was changed at some point ( i have no idea weither that has anything to do with this or not but i do know that on the ozzfest webforum any posts disagreeing with how this was handeled get deleted)

I've never been at a show where the band got egged, but I've definitely been at shows where a band got their sound either cut off completely or cut off briefly as a warning, if it looked like they were going to run long. That is pretty standard and normal. What is unprofessional about that? Should Ozzfest have let Maiden play through Sabbath's set time? Should Ozzfest have had to pay the likely union overtime and city fines for letting Maiden play on into the night after the show was supposed to be over? How much nonsense should the show's promoter have put up with in order for her to be considered mature and professional?

Dickenson made one quip thats been reported about ozzy onstage i mean if he was ranting about how lame ozzy was or something then i could understand but he wasnt and if he wasnt im sure people wouldnt be so pissed off about it

Which thing that he said are you considering the one quip?

yeah but they cut off the sound 20 minutes into the set and it wasnt till after that happened twice that dickenson said anything about playing overtime

yeah but they cut off the sound 20 minutes into the set and it wasnt till after that happened twice that dickenson said anything about playing overtime
    Credible link for this info?

go to blabbermouth.net search Iron Maiden and read all of the statements there theres plenty of statements from people who where there to back this up

go to blabbermouth.net search Iron Maiden and read all of the statements there theres plenty of statements from people who where there to back this up

I think she said credible...

Blabbermouth is owned by Roadrunner Records. Not exactly going to be able to get independent journalism at a music zine owned by a record label.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=40691 note that roadrunner has no affiliation with either Ozzy, Sabbath or Iron Maiden and Blabbermouth is run independantly from the label also the link i just put up is various accounts form people who where there oh and i was wrong about him not saying the whole expanding the set by 5 minutes thing before they started cutting the power he actually did but nevertheless they did cut the power about 20 minutse into Maidens set which is NOT a warning to finish your set.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I laughed at the rep from maiden that said "I've been in the buisness for 30 years and this (stuff thrown at the band, mics cut off) is the most disgraceful thing ive ever seen."
    I guess he's never been to a rock concert before- like say, every festival ever thrown in america, or at least the Woodstocks.

Really this whole thing is ridiculous. If you don't want to see melodramatic rock stars then don't go to Ozzfest.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

PS. if maiden wanted to stick it to the "corporate venues" and "outragious ticket prices" then they could've played a free show in the park. typical bullshit, but what can you expect from an over the hill band that's never been rebellous or underground in the first place. which is pretty much the same thing that can be said for most heavy metal today, certainly the Ozzfest crowd.

yeah i do agree withmost of that i just think its bullshit that someone from another band would go out and plan all this shit just because something the lead singer of Maiden said may have hurt their feelings

BTW here are some of the video clips

1. Intro/Rue Morgue - can see barrage start - large 81 MB
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=18Z10S8K

2. Trooper/US Flag
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=36ZW7ZA9

3. Bruce Rant English Flag etc...
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=36JDEN35

4. Number Of The Beast exerpt
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=33302ZUP

5. Bruce Rant 2 Death before dishonour etc...
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=35L8J84L

6. Osbourne Prick Incident
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=330MFW2K

yeah i do agree withmost of that i just think its bullshit that someone from another band would go out and plan all this shit just because something the lead singer of Maiden said may have hurt their feelings

For $185,000 A NIGHT, they could've busted out the cocaine and strippers for a promoter paying that. All those fuckers had to do was avoid being directly rude to the woman's husband. Takes some kinda bein a Dick to complain about ticket prices while charging that much money. FYI when a club flips the sound down for a moment it is to remind the band that being onstage doesn't mean they are in charge. I think I'd fuck the opening band's singer's gf during their set where he could see me doing it if they were that ungrateful and forgot they were opening.

Quote Originally Posted by incog
    For $185,000 A NIGHT, they could've busted out the cocaine and strippers for a promoter paying that. All those fuckers had to do was avoid being directly rude to the woman's husband. Takes some kinda bein a Dick to complain about ticket prices while charging that much money. FYI when a club flips the sound down for a moment it is to remind the band that being onstage doesn't mean they are in charge. I think I'd fuck the opening band's singer's gf during their set where he could see me doing it if they were that ungrateful and forgot they were opening.
    for one they werent directly rude to Ozzy according to anything ive read and they didnt flick the volume up and down they shut off the entire PA system for several minutse as is widely documented

for one they werent directly rude to Ozzy according to anything ive read and they didnt flick the volume up and down they shut off the entire PA system for several minutse as is widely documented
    Didn't you read the part about needling Ozzy in magazines and on stage about needing a teleprompter? As a musician who is not as young as I used to be, I feel I can say that a band of old dudes making fun of the health of another old dude in a band is just fucked up and they deserve whatever they get. An opening band who claims the show is theirs and not the headliners deserves to get their asses kicked.

Didn't you read the part about needling Ozzy in magazines and on stage about needing a teleprompter? As a musician who is not as young as I used to be, I feel I can say that a band of old dudes making fun of the health of another old dude in a band is just fucked up and they deserve whatever they get. An opening band who claims the show is theirs and not the headliners deserves to get their asses kicked.
    ok he said something about ozzy needing a teleprompter (which BTW is true and as much as i love ozzy he really really needs to retire) not to mention that one member of the band said all this shit yet the rest of the band and the fans at that show all got equally screwed cause someone couldnt have discreetely handled the situation in a more timely matter i mean if sharon was soo pissed at Dickenson why didnt she just fire him on the spot why did she wait for the biggest goddamed date of the tour to completely fuck up a show which SHE was making money off of i think that was ridiculous and uncalled for

ok he said something about ozzy needing a teleprompter (which BTW is true and as much as i love ozzy he really really needs to retire) not to mention that one member of the band said all this shit yet the rest of the band and the fans at that show all got equally screwed cause someone couldnt have discreetely handled the situation in a more timely matter i mean if sharon was soo pissed at Dickenson why didnt she just fire him on the spot why did she wait for the biggest goddamed date of the tour to completely fuck up a show which SHE was making money off of i think that was ridiculous and uncalled for

If the dude needed a fucking wheelchair, why should he retire when the fans still want to see his show? Why should some healthier but less popular Dick in a band get to make the fans enjoy Ozzy's performance less by pointing out he might need a crutch. Oz and Sharon create opportunities for a lot of bands who would never have got a shot otherwise. Not exactly my genre but they have given a lot of good friends of mine exposure. Ozzy has more fans now than Bruce the Dick ever did. A lot of fans would pay extra to see a nimrod like him get taken down a peg with eggs and Ozzy chants. Most fans would rather see eggs thrown than one band fewer on the bill. I like Velvet Revolver better anyway. Cool dudes if not as much fun as they used to be.

If the dude needed a fucking wheelchair, why should he retire when the fans still want to see his show? Why should some healthier but less popular Dick in a band get to make the fans enjoy Ozzy's performance less by pointing out he might need a crutch. Oz and Sharon create opportunities for a lot of bands who would never have got a shot otherwise. Not exactly my genre but they have given a lot of good friends of mine exposure. Ozzy has more fans now than Bruce the Dick ever did. A lot of fans would pay extra to see a nimrod like him get taken down a peg with eggs and Ozzy chants. Most fans would rather see eggs thrown than one band fewer on the bill. I like Velvet Revolver better anyway. Cool dudes if not as much fun as they used to be.
    Ok if so many fans would pay to see Dickenson get pegged with eggs and whatnot why did over half of them walk out after Maidens set youd think if the fans where huge ozzy supporters and like seeing Maiden get pelted with eggs and all that they would have stayed for Black Sabbaths set and some did but many didnt not to mentionion wherever you go on the web people are slagging Sharon Osbourne for this stunt too all of the evidence i have seen on the web points to massive fan support for Iron Maiden on this issue

Ok if so many fans would pay to see Dickenson get pegged with eggs and whatnot why did over half of them walk out after Maidens set youd think if the fans where huge ozzy supporters and like seeing Maiden get pelted with eggs and all that they would have stayed for Black Sabbaths set and some did but many didnt not to mentionion wherever you go on the web people are slagging Sharon Osbourne for this stunt too all of the evidence i have seen on the web points to massive fan support for Iron Maiden on this issue

Not one person I know who went to that show agrees that over half the people walked out after the Dick set. I know a lot of people who were there.

If Iron Maiden is so popular, how come no other promoter was willing to pay Iron Maiden $185,000 to play in America? A Dick who can't say thank you for that much money is just a dick. Morning Glory nailed it when he said that Iron Maiden could have played a free concert in the park if they cared about the fans that much.

If more people like Bruce Dickenson than like Ozzy how come Ozzy sells more records? How come Ozzy has more money?

Not one person I know who went to that show agrees that over half the people walked out after the Dick set. I know a lot of people who were there.

If Iron Maiden is so popular, how come no other promoter was willing to pay Iron Maiden $185,000 to play in America? A Dick who can't say thank you for that much money is just a dick. Morning Glory nailed it when he said that Iron Maiden could have played a free concert in the park if they cared about the fans that much.

If more people like Bruce Dickenson than like Ozzy how come Ozzy sells more records? How come Ozzy has more money?
    I know people at said show as well who would back up my statements, and Ozzy has more oney because hes sold himself as a pop culture icon which Maiden never had the desire to do. As Dickenson said Maiden never had a reality show also Maiden never went hair metal in the late 80s like Ozzy did so im sure back then ozzy probaby made quite a bit more money. Dont get me wrong i have nthing against Ozyy and i actually like him more than i like Maiden but it hink this whole thing was wrong and even if Dickenson deserved what he got the rest of the band didnt hell one of them even personally apologized to Ozzy after the tour and like i said the fans definitely didnt deserve that kind of crap If Ozzy or Sharon had that big of a problem with dickenson they should have fired him from the tour right after the transgressions occured.

+ Reply to Thread