+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Betrayal

Nuada_Airgetlam's Avatar Just A Wolf

Default Betrayal

Well, this is simple. I would like to know who has been betrayed by someone that they trusted and loved. What y'all feel about betrayal in general. And have you ever betrayed someone. Be honest.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: Betrayal

Betryal really sucks but its a natural thing that happens and you have to deal with it I know ive been betrayed several times and done a bit of betraying myself if i felt it was neccesary i try not to be worried to much about being betrayed unless i have a really good reason too people say im too trusting but whatever id rather not worry myself about things like that unless i have too lest life be more lame than it usually is

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

yep, i've been betrayed by someone i trusted and loved. This person did it more than once, and i'm not sure why i let them. To be quite honest, i'm still dealing with the after effects from it, and it sucks. I used to be super trusting in everybody, but that's changed a bit now. It's prolly a good thing for me.

I've never betrayed anyone myself. No, really..... i'm fiercely loyal to friends and important people in my life, and i wouldn't ever want to hurt them. If i felt i had to, then maybe i would, but so far so good.

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

almost everyone ive ever known has fucked me over at least once. and the stupid thing is, im dumb enough to let them.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Yes. My best freind suddenly stopped talking to me out of the blue and then later moved out of town. I still don't know why.

This is the best thing that ever happened to me because it forced me to have to get by on my own and realize that I haven't been doing that, and think about what I have to do to be able to do to accomplish that... or else live in a constant state of misery and do things that would eventually lead to my death.

We were both people that were emotionally fucked up and couldn't help each other ( let alone ourselves.) because of that now I can get by on my own and I no longer have to depend on (another person. drugs. alchohol. self loathing. violence. putting other people down to make myself feel better...) to be happy.

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

Everyone is betrayed sooner or later- It just comes with dealing with humans!!
    Tooooo many to list- or givashit about any longer for that matter-
    Thats what I get for being a "nice-guy"
    Im really working on being a dick though!!!

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

My opinion is that it has a lot to do with honesty.
    You have to know that both people are willing to be honest, even if it hurts the other person.
    If both people can't do that, then one of them may betray the other.
    People tend to betray people, to spare their feelings.
    If that makes you feel any better...
    But you need to also know that people are more likely to betray you,
    if they don't have a really good relationship with you, or don't respect you.
    I betrayed someone who thought they were my friend once.
    But it was because by that time, I thought that person was a total asshole.
    I would never betray someone I really cared for, or really respected.
    But an asshole... maybe...
    So don't put a ton of trust in a person who is pissed at you,
    or who is having conflict with you. And even if you have a good
    relationship with the person, they still might betray you to spare
    your feelings. So it can happen a lot, to a lot of people.
    The only way to avoid running into it, is to get in the habit of
    being brutally honest with people. Tell them when you think
    they fucked up. Tell them when you fuck up. Tell them what
    you think of things. Then they may get in the habit of telling
    you the truth too, and you may avoid the "betrayal" in the future...

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

my boyfriend btrayed me about 2 months ago, he did the equivelant of cheating on me...we both are still suffering from it, I dont know if I will ever trust him again, and now we both have to live with that.....I doubt that we will be together much longer...which is sad for our son

Gotta get in the habit of telling the other person when you are interested in other people. Get them used to being honest, by encouraging them to tell you who they think is hot, who they'd like to hook up with, who they fantasize about, etc... Get them used to being honest about their feelings, and about what they would want to do. That way it won't be as hard for them to tell you when they are thinking about cheating, and they won't be afraid you will freak out about it.

DARKGYM's Avatar King of the night

I have been burned before. Compared to what I have been through the fires of hell will seem like a cold cup of coffee. I would never betray my friends, loyalty takes preciedence over everything in my life.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Betrayal is like breathing to me.. It comes in and it goes out. I do what I feel is nessessary at the time, if it means betrayal, then so be it. I may sound crass but I prefer to think of it as just being human.

ladybug's Avatar Senior Member

I don't belive I've ever been betrayed.....If I was It obvisouly wasn't that big a deal. Now I did at one time do something not so nice but I belive it to have been for the best.....I had just started a new job and there was a guy there kept hitting on me...hinting he'd dump his gf for me blah blah blah....real creap.
    Well I played some pretty wicked mind games with him fell for me hard core. He dumped his gf the whole nine yards...then I told him I didn't want him any more and he sould have stayed with somebody he really loved...
    Mean? yeah probably but he shouldn't have been an ass and treated women like a peice of meat.
    To those who care about the story..he got back with his gf they married now and have 2 kids

Well, maybe he realized he was being an idiot, and you helped him learn to appreciate what he had...

But even if that guy felt betrayed, did he have any reason to trust you to begin with?
    Hell no. He barely just met you.
    If he felt betrayed, it's just because he was stupid about trusting you in the first place.
    I actually think it's a pretty good revenge on someone for acting like an idiot.
    I've heard of several girls doing pretty fucked up shit to guys who want to cheat
    on their wives or girlfriends with them. Like somehow telling the wife or girlfriend...
    That's what happens when women want revenge for guys cheating on them.
    Then end up wanting revenge on cheating males... And often fuck them over...

ladybug's Avatar Senior Member

I would like to think so...at least that was my plan....or i might be giving myself waaaaay to much credit

I think it is worse when a parent is the one that betrays. I know from this happening to me after My dad died, and left Me about $20,000, which was in both her and My names as I was a minor. when I turned 18, I was to get the bank book for the account in My name only, but by then, it was all gone, with nothing to show for any of it.

Yes, but the reason for the "betrayal" is still because they were not being honest.

If they told you that they needed to pay bills, and asked you to use the money,
    then you would not feel betrayed. It's the fact that they lie about it that makes
    it seem like a betrayal. People just have to get used to telling the truth...

+ Reply to Thread