+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Price of GAS!!!

Default Price of GAS!!!

I am just curious...What is the price of gas where you live right now..
    After the hurricane Gas went up a lot in my area...

Northwest Tennessee $3.20 a Gallon...

So where are you located and what is the price there???
    DAMN MY CURIOSITY!!!

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Price of GAS!!!

holy crap, and i thought we had it bad.... we're only up to 2.70... of course, it prolly went up again today, but i wasn't paying any attention

i'm in maine, btw
    Last edited by the_darkness_calls; 08-31-2005 at 10:35 PM. Reason: forgot place

Quote Originally Posted by the_darkness_calls
    holy crap, and i thought we had it bad.... we're only up to 2.70... of course, it prolly went up again today, but i wasn't paying any attention
    Where are you at??? General area .....

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Central Michigan..averages about $2.90...what can ya do they got your nuts in a vise.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

sht....don't get me started...

today ATL went crazy...some place hit $4.99...

i just paid $33.79 for around 8 gallons of gas....

i'm actually gonna probally have to buy another Karmann...whock means selling shit i don't want to sell...

Norfolk, VA: $3.07

WALK!!!!
    I am looking at buying a 600cc Ninja sport bike...
    Hell if gas keeps goin up it will be a good investment..

2.70 her in My area of Missouri, tho I read news post that the Missouri Governor is going to have the prices at the pumps investigated for price gouging, as it is what happened after 9-11 in many areas.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

its like $3.15 here and for anyone that doesnt know its cause he hurricane cause the shutdown/destruction of most of the countries major oil refinineries so gas is gonna be like this for quite some time

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

oregon is running about 2.80 a gallon...
    when I mived to death valley I paid 3.50 a gallon on my way there

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

people wanna complain about the gas going up because of the hurricane. im not bitching-im more concerned with the people who were hit by the hurricane.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    people wanna complain about the gas going up because of the hurricane. im not bitching-im more concerned with the people who were hit by the hurricane.
    I say we're affected by both, and we can bitch about what we want. I think we're not just griping about gas prices, but if you notice in other threads, we're worried about people, as well.

Oil~Boy 26's Avatar rebuilding in pain

Well as sad as it is here in Texas its going to be 350 or so tomorrow but it was around 260 earlier there is talk about not buying gas on the 1st but its only going to show that we didnt buy gas for a day and not mutch else not like the oil co will swet it

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

$3.18 le sigh

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    well the hurricane didint affect me the gas prices do so il bitch about the gas prices

t3hpurple0ne's Avatar Junior Member

atlanta got up to $6.00 for REGULAR, one guy actually paid $8.99/ gal for premium. it's still $3.99 out here in the middle of nowhere.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by t3hpurple0ne
    atlanta got up to $6.00 for REGULAR, one guy actually paid $8.99/ gal for premium. it's still $3.99 out here in the middle of nowhere.
    fuck,i heard it only(ahah) got to 4.99 in atl...

i can only run premium,others have the same curse...and i got 3.79..

were in GA are you?

t3hpurple0ne's Avatar Junior Member

the guy who does the Foamy the Squirrell cartoons did a special one lately about how people are complaining about gas and not helping the people stuck on their roofs, and how the reporters are just saying the same thing over and over, and trying to boost ratings instead of helping people. i agree, they're still racking up the death count, and they're probably not going to tell us the real number. a lot of new orleans is going to have to be leveled and re-built.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Lakewood, WA

$2.67

ladybug's Avatar Senior Member

Kansas/ Missouri Border.......2.89 as of yesterday.......and today is expected to rise to 3.15

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

right now its 3.19 but itll go up by the end of the day

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

illinois- $3.19- $3.39

"alternative" gas- $2.25

like a few columnist have said-
    "Its kinda funny, the same people bitchin about gas prices, won't blink twice to pay $5 for a cup of coffee or $8 for a glass of wine"!!!!

I guess not having my license may just be payin off right now.

2.99 up here in the north woods.

I've been riding the shit out of my scooter, and I've been laughing at the yuppy bitches rolling their Canyoneros with the bling-bling tires. I just know their getting nickeld & dimed to death. Ha Ha Ha

I sold my Ninety-eight last year for a pretty okay price and now I don't think I'd be able to give it away. It was like the canyonaro '1mpg on the highway and 0 in the city'.

I just imagined in the near future people starting gas fires as a vulgar display of wealth.

or driving this.

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

it was $2.99 but prolly went up over night.

i can bitch about gas prices because it dips into my food money. i have 6 kids to feed and we don't drive to many places. it should not take close to $100 bucks to fill the gas tank. this crap sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by nyar
    like a few columnist have said-
    "Its kinda funny, the same people bitchin about gas prices, won't blink twice to pay $5 for a cup of coffee or $8 for a glass of wine"!!!!
    When I need 12 gallons of wine to keep my job I will complain about the cost of wine.

While I do agree that when the guy who drives the 8 mile a gallon truck to work my sympathy goes right out the window the people who make thier livings off of cars really do suffer right now. Imagine being in pizza delivery or a cab driver.

So I have to tell you guys what happened to me yesterday. I wanted to take my motorcycle licence test so I did a mapquest and shit, I thought I knew the directions pretty well. The city had closed the DVM in the city so I needed to drive way the fuck out in the burbs to get to the nearest DMV that administers motorcycle licence tests. So I set out on my trip, I'm having fun and practicing as I go along. Well, things take a downward turn when I take a wrong turn and I end up on a highway on-ramp with a load of traffic behind me. So as I'm trying to get up to highway speed, I see an 18 wheeler coming up real fast to my left. Maybe it's just me but going 60mph on a scooter with 10in wheels next to an 18 wheeler is a little scary. I exited the next chance I got and took out my map to see how lost I was and to settle down. I finally make it to the DMV 15 minutes late for the test. I was so pissed off about it too. So I jet, and shortly after leaving the DMV I end up riding next to this Harley guy. It was cool, he had one lane and I had the other. He was about half a car length in front of me. I was going the speed limit (40), but this cock-smoker in a minivan kept riding my ass. The Harley guy speeds up and gets in my lane. The cock-smoker almost clips me as he passes me on the right (I'm totally pissed-off by this point). The Harley guy had seen what happened and flipped that guy the bird and they started arguing through the window of the minivan. We all hit a light and the Harley guy pulls behind the minivan, I roll-up to the cock-smokers window and ask what his fucking problem is. He starts yelling in my face about hogging the road. I snapped and punch the fucker in the face through the window. He steps on the gas with my arm still inside his car, it throws me off balance and tips over my bike. I lifted up my bike, got it started and began following him. I chase him another block till he stops and gets out to call the pigs. I got off my bike and put up my dukes. This chicken shit is still yelling at me as he runs into a gas station. My and harley dude get the fuck out of there, I didn't want to get sweated by the cops. Then it takes me an hour to get home.
    How's that for solidarity. I never even said one word to my buddy on the harley.

Kind of a long story sorry. I just had to tell somebody.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Great to hear..thanks for sharing

Sex_Kitten's Avatar Saucy Little Minx

Livonia, Michigan $3.79 in Europe I hear it's like fuckin' 8 bucks a gallon

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

$101/litre here

Bedlamite

3.49 in Western North Carolina.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

i saw an article on a guy who had a car that ran on used cooking oil...it was just a regular car ...you can buy a kit for like 300.00 plus labor and collect used oil from all the restraunts around (who will be happy to get rid of it) and the only downfall (if you call it that)....smells like popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    i saw an article on a guy who had a car that ran on used cooking oil...it was just a regular car ...you can buy a kit for like 300.00 plus labor and collect used oil from all the restraunts around (who will be happy to get rid of it) and the only downfall (if you call it that)....smells like popcorn
    I heard about this, too, but it's not just cooking oil, you have to mix in other stuff with it, too.

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

My ass shouldn't hurt everytime I go to the gas station...
    Oh yeah, and the gas is too high too...LOL

ladybug's Avatar Senior Member

the orginal maker of the desiel engine....his last name ofcourse was Desiel.
    He was a peanut farmer....he actually built his engine to run on peanut oil...
    We had acouple of college kids in this area who took an old desiel mercedes and actually drove cross crounty on used cooking oil....that's great.
    Now I'm gonna have to go out and do that myself.

What sucks is that there is so few choices for Diesel in the US! I've been on the hunt for a new diesel vehicle and all I come across is VWs. Nothing against VWs but they are not exactly my favorite in terms of style and trim. Most companies have stopped selling diesel here or it's way out sane price ranges so it's the used lot I go. Why can't they ship a couple new cute Audi A2's to the States?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

fuck this shit. I guess I gotta get me a bus pass. I'm taking some classes at this college they built in the middle of nowhere (cheap ass land) so there's no way that I can walk there. oh yeah and my freind moved and left my bike at his old place. so I'm screwed, I have to drive my car till the gas runs out, cuz I can't afford to fill it up after this. I really don't mind cuz I hate cars and i'll be glad when the gas finally runs out. but in the meatime I'm kinda stuck.

Sex_Kitten's Avatar Saucy Little Minx

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    Yeah, I've read about this too. I saw an article about different types of cooking oil that you can use. I was watching the news the other day, and I saw this guy dump about 10 bottles of vegetable oil into his F350. I was amazed on how much his gas milage has went up compared to normal diesel gas

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

the guy who does the Foamy the Squirrell cartoons did a special one lately about how people are complaining about gas and not helping the people stuck on their roofs, and how the reporters are just saying the same thing over and over, and trying to boost ratings instead of helping people. i agree, they're still racking up the death count, and they're probably not going to tell us the real number. a lot of new orleans is going to have to be leveled and re-built.
    that was fuckin awesome i saw that heh... foamy is my hero.

heh ewwww... awesome for that guy but id rather not smell like popcorn... or mcdonalds french fries :S
    nasty

you know what toe cutter... that is the most horrid looking vehicle i have EVER seen in my LIFE... who the fuck would buy that thing?!! its like a semitruck!!! DAMN...

all these gas prices in the US sound fucking insane to me.. im in vancouver canada and when i was waiting for the bus i saw the gas prices at 108.9! i know theres a difference in the amount for that price, we use liters here.. how many liters are in a gallon anyways?
    crazyness.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

$1.45a litre for gold

+ Reply to Thread