Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Price of GAS!!!

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Price of GAS!!!

ok i just checked and its 3.99 here now. whoo hoo so glad i dont drive

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

It's currently $2.99 to $3.19 at the local station here in Los Angeles. What strikes me about this issue though is that when Howard Dean looked like he was starting to be a serious contender, Bush told the country that gas would be $1.00 by Christmas. He hit that mark and his popularity was boosted. One could potentially come to the conclusion that his administration has more influence over the price of gas than they seem to let on.

It's been bumped to 3.69 here now. :| That's two days, and 62 cents.

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

as someone from another country i makes me laugh to think about the usa's obsession with big cars. it takes a shitty thing like Katrina to make people in the inner city regret buying a huge SUV. Unless you live in the desert or in the freaky hilled streets of sanfrancisco dont buy a 4WD. Your wasting your money (and the worlds limited fuel supplies) and so many people have them your not cool anymore you look like a sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by grebo
    as someone from another country i makes me laugh to think about the usa's obsession with big cars. it takes a shitty thing like Katrina to make people in the inner city regret buying a huge SUV. Unless you live in the desert or in the freaky hilled streets of sanfrancisco dont buy a 4WD. Your wasting your money (and the worlds limited fuel supplies) and so many people have them your not cool anymore you look like a sheep.
    I loved my jeep. She was 10 years old, but I loved her. I sold her only because I needed the money, but she had plenty of room on the inside for carseats and traveling, and she had about 20 miles to the gallon because I kept her in top shape (which is hard to do, especially with a jeep.) I don't regret buying her at all. And what the hell? The desert? 4WD is what got me and my friends around town in Arkansas when everything iced over. So I spit your making fun of people back at you! I don't regret her, she was good to me, like I was good to her.

(Also note that not just SUV's take up alot of gas.)

Quote Originally Posted by cheinara wraithwalker
    I loved my jeep. She was 10 years old, but I loved her. I sold her only because I needed the money, but she had plenty of room on the inside for carseats and traveling, and she had about 20 miles to the gallon because I kept her in top shape (which is hard to do, especially with a jeep.) I don't regret buying her at all. And what the hell? The desert? 4WD is what got me and my friends around town in Arkansas when everything iced over. So I spit your making fun of people back at you! I don't regret her, she was good to me, like I was good to her.

(Also note that not just SUV's take up alot of gas.)

So true Cheinara. and being from the same geographic area as She, I know a 4wd, is about what is needed here. it is all mountians and valleys here, some rival those in the sierra nevada area in being above sea level, and roads can seem to go straight up the side of a mountian esp. if travelling to Springfield Mo from here

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I got no problem with tightening my own belt for the sake of my pickup

darki's Avatar darki must die

$ 7,05 / gallon in Düsseldorf, Germany.

+ Reply to Thread