+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who else is having trouble doing their day-to-day activities?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Who else is having trouble doing their day-to-day activities?

Who else is having trouble doing their day-to-day activities this week? Given that most of the aid being offered to the American South is being refused by governmental authorities, it is not like there is a lot I could really do. Private citizenry with transport vehicles and water and food are being turned away. Foreign governments are being told thanks but not thanks. Basically, most people can't do more than donate some dough to whatever charities they feel will help the most. But I'm so outraged at the way the whole thing has been handled that I'm really having trouble thinking about much of anything else. Who else is having this problem?

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: Who else is having trouble doing their day-to-day activities?

its been on my mind...but since new news is oso hard to find,and it's never the real picture i stopped activivly looking..

i've just realised this is another time,our Bullshit Gov. is making it'self look reallly,really,really,bad...

and i can only hope the recent surge in Impeachment calls are further pushed by another huge surge...

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

i took a lot of it in for the first 4-5 days, but i'm unplugging a bit now. can only take so much of that. now is when every damn channel and website is gonna have some 'expert' breakdown how it all happened, what went wrong, yadda yadda. i mostly interested how things go down right when the shit hits the fan. the stranded people are finally getting the help they should have gotten on tuesday...

frequent alcohol consumption and sex have also been good distractions.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

yeah definatly. i've been really depressed and down about this whole thing. i'm starting to feel a little bit better as of today. It did really bother me that I couldn't do anything to help I tried to give blood but they werent able to find a good enough vein, so I wasn't able too. that was really the only thing I could do, so being turned away made me feel like shit. I don't own my house, I don't even have my own apartment, and I don't really have any money either... It's not my fault, and I can't blame myself. but I can't help it for feeling like I should have done more. really when I look at my situation and think about it like that and when I walk around my neighborhood and see abandoned buildings that could've been put to good use simply being torn down, it makes me realize that in every city in america there's people that go through the same thing as the people in NO every day. so I hope this situation makes people realize that and maybe be a little more compassionate and caring about thier fellow man that they pass on the street everyday, and open your eyes to see that it could just as easily be you that needs help. if you can't help with actions, then help with caring and don't let other people forget it either. be a voice to the one's that need help.

+ Reply to Thread