+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cutting Scars

Sex_Kitten's Avatar Saucy Little Minx

Default Cutting Scars

The place to show your worst, or just some of your scars from your slashing days. Or if you still cut, show it here...

Here's one of mine, I'm not sure if you can see it. It says 'Kittie', it was an old nickname that my ex-boyfriend gave me, also because I love the band kittie......

sorry that it's soooo big, I'm too lazy to resize it *laughs*

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Cutting Scars

i wish i could show mine, but my left arm, from about 2 inches from my elbow to the palm of my hand are scars. on my right leg i have the word "bitch" carved in, but i didnt do that one. i have a cross on my left shoulder. its probably 5 inches long. damn i need a digital camera

I actually took that on a camera phone today, but I don't have a digital cam either

What, why?

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

*sighs*

*rolls eyes*

*walks away silently*

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

uh-huh.....
    I prefer punching myself in the face....

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

i can't speak for any other self harmer, but i very very rarely write words - usually i wind myself up into a tight little ball until i have to release it somehow and end up slashing at my legs (because it's a bit less visible) my right upper thigh has myriad scars and cuts in various stages of healing all over it. but the last time i cut actual words into myself i was about 14.

scabre's Avatar Senior Member
    oh.. im from leeds, (up north in the uk to be precise!)

this is really sad im sorry
    self harm is something in my opinion thats private, not something for people to take epictures off and show off and then write at he end.. oh i was ***** by daddy
    self harmers i know like to keep it private and usually afterwards try cover the marks and dont wish to talk about it.

sorry but i think this thread a bit sick sorry if i upset someone with this remark

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

Used to. But I'm over it, thank God.

I hope you're all proud of yourselves <3

Cutting and self harm are not always the same. Flashing them is... sick. If you want pretty scars, get a scarification or visit a cicatrist.

Self harm is not cool. It's terrible.
    Nor is cutting scars into yourself to look good, but that's tragic in a very different way.

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

Apologies if I was out of line.
    Bad memories, y'know?
    I didn't mean to take it out on you.
    I'm sorry, darling, I can change.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

I have been given enough scars for a lifetime..don't need to add any on my own.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

so long as they're not doing it to the point of endangering their lives i dont see the problem... there certainly are worse ways of expressing / releasing feelings, anger or whatever.

i've only cut myself once when i was a young teenager... 13, 14 yrs ago i guess. i slashed my leg with a wood-carving knife after hanging out with these kids at school.... they wore Misfits t-shirts and cut themselves a lot, so i thought that was cool and decided to try it. Anyways so my parents saw it a week or so later and asked me how I got cut... and I told them i slid into a fence while playing baseball... i dont remember the specifics but i got caught in the lie... they knew i hadnt been playing baseball in awhile... i musta been a bad liar then. anyways i broke down and told them i cut myself and they flipped out...i said it was cause i was stressed. i think i enjoyed their reaction cause i remember thinking it was like payback from all the times they grounded me or whatever.... like in that move a Christmas Story when the kid dreams he goes blind b/c his mom put the soap in his mouth for swearing.

anyways cutting never really did much for me. i satisfy my urge to self-inflict damage through cigarettes and alcohol.

lol - i've been self harming for 13 years, and it's a difficult one to get out of. the worst thing was my parents reaction - some of my friends at school saw my cuts, convinced me to talk to the teacher, who sent me to the school nurse, who sent me to the doctor, who referred me to the family therapy centre, who sent a letter to my mother. ouch. i never shared anything like that with them and they were furious because they thought i was telling people they had abused me or some such shit. it took about five years before they believed that i hadn't been screwed by a relative.

the therapy was hilarious too - the guy said that i should try to fit in more. i asked how. he said to pretend i loathed mahler and loved take that. he then told me about the girls who are in the opposite situation to me who wished they had the strength to say they didn't like popular stuff, i guess to try to get me to empathise with them. needless to say i didn't take his advice.

but seriously - i loathe films like 'secretary' which suggest that the love of a guy or an interest in s&m will 'cure' you of that urge - it doesn't. and any guy who says 'if you loved me you wouldn't do it' doesn't help, because it's a compulsion, almost a physical way to tear the demons out of you and when you do it again you have the guilt on top which truly screws with your head. prozac helped in a way, but only by ironing out the highs and lows so if you won £15 million or lost your whole family in a car crash you'd go 'whatever...' .

man, i've tried to explain it to so many people, but the really important thing to know is to stay away from veiny areas and to keep your blades clean. and people flashing scars as fashion acessories irritate me too. though my mum finds it funny now - she just says 'haha, you can't wear a bikini for the next month'.

i've cut a bit, wasn't sure why at first, now i think it's for the endorphin rush. Everyone engages in some form of behavior that freaks out the general pop, what I find most disturbing is that some of us seem to want to throw judgement at the original poster instead of offering support, encouragement, or advice. I don't discuss my cutting, and I won't show pics but I'm also not enough of an asshole to make a reply post just to make the original poster feel worse than they seem to.

With the replies some of you took the time to submit, I'd be surprised if the OP dared ask anyone for anything, espesially the help she may need. If a person can't come here to discuss a non-pc issue why are you here?

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

i cant say anything as i do things far more stupid. jumping into a skip full of wood with nails in rings a bell, it slit across my chest which was nt nice, somehow i survived without hospital attention.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by scabre
    this is really sad im sorry
    self harm is something in my opinion thats private, not something for people to take epictures off and show off and then write at he end.. oh i was ***** by daddy
    self harmers i know like to keep it private and usually afterwards try cover the marks and dont wish to talk about it.

sorry but i think this thread a bit sick sorry if i upset someone with this remark
    I agree Scabre...it just seems like something a 13 year old would do to get attention..

I love you all the same though!

Quote Originally Posted by jujuman
    i've cut a bit, wasn't sure why at first, now i think it's for the endorphin rush. Everyone engages in some form of behavior that freaks out the general pop, what I find most disturbing is that some of us seem to want to throw judgement at the original poster instead of offering support, encouragement, or advice. I don't discuss my cutting, and I won't show pics but I'm also not enough of an asshole to make a reply post just to make the original poster feel worse than they seem to.

With the replies some of you took the time to submit, I'd be surprised if the OP dared ask anyone for anything, espesially the help she may need. If a person can't come here to discuss a non-pc issue why are you here?
    If you need help, ask for it, but don't show it off like it's something to just show off.

I had a friend that used to cut herself. I never knew until she died from it. She seemed like she was a pretty normal person and I never suspected anything, but one night she got a little too carried away. So posting pictures of your favorite band being cut into your skin is a little distasteful to me. If you did it for art's sake, that's fine, but if you post it because you call yourself a "cutter"...it's not something I'd take pictures of and brag about.

i dont mind talking about it. its just that simple. there are things in this world some people will never understand, and S.I is one of them. most people go, "OMG! how can you do that to yourself??" shit like that. i figure if i talk about it, then maybe people will understand. it taken many years of counseling and many, many perscription drugs to get me where i am today. im proud of my progress, im not ashamed to show people the shit i had to go through to get to where i am today. *shrugs*

Mother Superior

Do an overview of some of the threads , this place has never been about being tasteful

There are tons of people who get off on being hurt...

There are an equal number of people who'd love to hurt someone...

I think someone ought to meet these people together... I mean, if I had someone who wouldn't mind if I punched them in the face every time I felt like punching someone in the face, the world would be a better place for everyone...

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I just can't accept that. I really don't give a fuck if you get off on hurting yourself or other people, cuz there are a shitload of people that don't like it and they don't asked to be beaten and *****, but they are subjected to it anyway. and if you are that fucked up in the first place, I have a hard time believing you are capable of rational thought and thus lack the ability to judge who is a willing participant and who isn't.

Uh, the difference is that I don't punch someone in the face every time I'd like to...

Shit, I work retail. If I smashed my knuckles into the teeth of every customer that I'd like to do it to, I'd have stumps at the end of each wrist...

But if I could go on a website and look up somebody who lives in my neighborhood who gets of on getting the shit beaten out of them, we could hook up and everybody wins. They get off and I relieve some stress in a healthy, legal way.

Quote Originally Posted by suicidal_tendencies
    im not ashamed to show people the shit i had to go through to get to where i am today. *shrugs*
    Well I agree with that, I'm not ashamed to show them. I never have.

Just to clarify some shit up; NO I didn't do that to be cool, the art part I didn't even realize until now when I'm looking at it. I didn't do it because it's one of my favorite bands, nor did I do it because I wanted to post it up on some international site, and have somebody look at it and say "Wow, we should give her some V.I.P Kittie tickets because she has our band name in her arm!!" I'm not like that. That scar symbolizes the fact that yes, my dad did beat the shit out of me when he got home, he did that everytime to my mom and I. I cut because I was trying to releave some pain, and I'm proud of the fact that I no longer cut, and that little scar is just a reminder of how my life will NEVER be like that ever again. Just thought I'd let you guys know that about me......I never did it to get attention, and never will.

fair enuff - i doubt anyone thought you were posting 'ain't cutting big & clever', but as i'm sure you understand it's an evocotive subject that a lot of people have strong opinions about - by posting something that personal you were always guaranteed attention.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

It's always hard to tell if it is someone trying to be cool, and "hardcore", or someone honestly sharing something they have been through...

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I have multiple cuttings. Most done out of self injury for certain reasons, and one Im super proud of. Its the infinity symbol cut into the side of my leg. My first cutting ever (professionally), and it came out nearly perfect! People are impressed when they see it and find out I did it with a razor blade (couldnt afford scalpels). I have numerous cuts on my upper legs and covering my wrists and lower arms. I finally tattooed over many of the scars on my wrists to show myself that things will always go on, and it was time for me to move on from the past pain and learn from the experiences, but the emotional feelings will stay with me forever. I still to this day get the feeling of the wind being knocked out of me everytime I think about how much pain Ive felt in my life, both emotional and physical. And its amazing that at the time I felt hopeless, lost, forgotten, gullable, despair, unloved, ugly, and plain out unwanted and cried watching the blood flow, I look back and know that its just another little hurdle, and that in time these wounds will heal with memories of worse days.

At the same time, an ex is not someone who you want to hurt yourself over, hell dont hurt yourself over anyone. It sucks, but then you realy gotta look back and ask yourself if things really were good and were you really happy...because if you were, youd still be together. Bigger and better things do come along, no matter how blind in the dark you feel.

I do not look at cutting (not scarification, completely different IMO) as bad or good. Anything in life could be bad or good for you. Its what you do with the knowledge you have that matters, and learn from mistakes so you dont put yourself in that situation again. It took me a long time to learn it and will still keep learning, and even though I still want to cry every night, and wish someone was here to hold me and show care and concern for me, in the end I realize I have noone but myself. Besides, if everything you wished for happened, wed be left without dreams and goals.

I dont consider your 'cutting' a 'cutting' but scarification. Difference (and this is just food for thought and my own opinions):
    Cuttings generally to not take a 'shape', because I feel cutting is too emotional. When a person 'cuts', its for the serenity (high, endorphines, etc) they feel as they either watch the blood, feel the sting, whatever they choose to do it for to escape their demons (The pain increases my anger which is what I want to feel and direct towards people, but the blood seems to melt all the bad feelings away and brings me to my senses). Then we get back into the memories of why we felt we needed to be so angry or serene, etc. Its a vicious cycle.

Scarification IMO, is more of a 'tattoo' type meaning if you can understand that. Its done by a professional (I HOPE), and is used to mark something special in your life, wether bad or good, and a meaning is attached to it. Theres not nearly the emotional influences for most of the people who decide to get this done. Dont get me wrong AT ALL, Im not saying that noone has emotional attachments to their scarifications. I know very deeply spiritual people who choose to have this done for personal reasons as a form of art and beauty because that is what THEY learned and believe from their own experiences. But nowadays its becoming so much more common, that one has to admit its becoming vanity like every other form of body art. This is why I consider yours just bad scarification, and not a cutting, but who am I to tell you otherwise?

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Yikes sorry for the long post guys. I guess I needed to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Yikes sorry for the long post guys. I guess I needed to talk about it.

not a problem to me. sometimes the longest posts are the most useful.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

It's cool when people share experiences like that.

See, your post is something I would totally accept, and find interesting,
    but I would probably be pretty harsh on someone who was saying,
    "Hey, look at the cool new cutting I did..." Because unless it is a
    really nice scarification piece, it just bugs me when people do
    things like that just to be "cool"...

WarszawaScream's Avatar Junior Member

When I was 15 I used to be a cutter; it was more of a "fun" thing for me than it was an "OMG ANGSTY I'M'A MAKE YOU FEEL BAD!" sort of deal... I know that sounds fucked up, but I'm not going to lie - I got a kick out of it. Sort of like people who get off on piercings or tats; I know I QUITE enjoyed getting my tats done. Squee for the needle. But anyway, yeah, I was a sick little puppy in high school; between the sensation and the sight of the blood flow, I loved it. Almost in a fetish sort of sense. But my boyfriend FREAKED on me one night about it, rightly so, and I stopped.

As far as scars go; I've got two little bitty tracks on the side of my left arm, where I tried to scar a smiley face... smile never scarred. And I'm GLAD, frankly. And more recently, I got stupid drunk one night and decided to test a new knife out on myself - slashed once, no blood, I was like "This thing isn't sharp!" Slashed twice. No blood. Suddenly blood. Lots of it. Hi, yeah, my name's Shannon and I'm a f*cking idiot. So I've got two nice slash scars on the top of my left arm, which REALLY sucks because I'm hypersensitive/allergic to the sun (OMG SOOOO GOTH *puke*), and I work at a beach (GO FIGURE)... now take away the protective "leather" skin I have, and expose it to the sun... that's what happens to the scars. They bump up and get all keloid looking, and they ITCH LIKE HELL. That's the hell I'm currently dealing with. Suffice it to say, when Shanny drinks, she no longer keeps knives with her. (Unless she's going to the place where she was nearly accosted in her car, in which case a large piece of rebar wrapped in duct tape hidden under the driver's seat has replaced any sharp objects.)

+ Reply to Thread