Default Re: if goths rules the world

if Goths ruled the world.. it could be just fine

DARKGYM's Avatar King of the night

Could be interesting.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

that would be stupid, since goths don't do anything. their subculture revolves around a fashion style, not around any actual activities. that's like what would it be like if hanes ruled the world. I guess if everyone just wore black it would be like president of the gothic states of america tells gothic north korea to get rid of it's nuclear program. it wouldn't really change anything, it would just make life boring because everyone would look the same.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    that would be stupid, since goths don't do anything. their subculture revolves around a fashion style, not around any actual activities. that's like what would it be like if hanes ruled the world. I guess if everyone just wore black it would be like president of the gothic states of america tells gothic north korea to get rid of it's nuclear program. it wouldn't really change anything, it would just make life boring because everyone would look the same.
    yeah goth doesnt really have any set ideology its about fashion, art and music. but regardless some of the pictures from the two contests where pretty damn funny.

wow, just when I thought america couldn't get any worse, the heartogram goth flag proved me wrong.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

that would be stupid, since goths don't do anything. their subculture revolves around a fashion style,
    They do quite a lot actually since unlike your short sighted view of them you've left out many fine artists, musicians, and just generally interesting people...if you're gonna define a whole subculture by some asshole you meet it a club, mall, or on a street...well then any subculture would seem useless.

The subculture has more than just a good fashion sense...it's only a part of it like with any subculture. While black may be a dominant color you'd be surprised by how creative and colorful it can be.

Currently it may not be at its most interesting but everything has its downtime.

I don't think so. the things you describe aren't Goth. there currently is no gothic style of music and art, other then architecture and that's really unrelated. a Goth person may be the worlds best chess player or linguist, but linguistics and chess are not part of the gothic lifestyle because they are independent from it. for example someone who is in the NRA may be great at cooking pancakes, but that has nothing to do with theNRA because NRA is about guns not pancakes.

call that shortsighted if you will, but the entire point of categorizing something is so that you have a standard. if everything could be associated with Goth (or any other grouping), then there would be no point or even possibility of identifying anything as such

that would be stupid, since goths don't do anything. their subculture revolves around a fashion style, not around any actual activities.

I know many that take the so called "goth" scene as their own, who would take offence to that comment. I believe the subculture has alot more to it that just "a fashion style." I've read your post's and got along with you well before. I was just suprised to see you post such a prejudice comment. If you don't understand their meaning and cause don't judge because of that.

p.s. I did think the photoshops link was kinda funny. There is a line between being funny and passing judgement.

ok, then why don't you tell me the specific goals that the goth movement is trying to work towards then? I never said that dressing a certain way is a bad thing. I'm sorry that you interpreted it as that.

I am not familiar with the cause and goals of the goth movement. At least not anymore. My point was that some in the scene (outside of the fashion and music etc) have a reason, point, or way of life that come close to a religion. I may not agree with or perhaps not even understand their reasons and beliefs. Though I respect it.

I respect you and am not looking for a debate. I just think we should respect all despite fashion etc.
    Granted there are many that use goth as an expression of self instead of political or religious reasons.
    That said there are many that do embrace the "goth" scene for other reasons and I am just calling out on their behalf.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Goth doesnt really have an agenda its a bunch of people who are into a particular type of music and art and whatnot i alwasy though of it as an certian aesthetic that people in the cubculture share it doesnt have any aims or goals really its more about expressing yourself in a way that doesnt go along with the mainstream (is in all subcultures really) and its dark and im rambling and have no clue how to express what m trying to say... yeah...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I don't think so. the things you describe aren't Goth. there currently is no gothic style of music and art, other then architecture and that's really unrelated. a Goth person may be the worlds best chess player or linguist, but linguistics and chess are not part of the gothic lifestyle because they are independent from it. for example someone who is in the NRA may be great at cooking pancakes, but that has nothing to do with theNRA because NRA is about guns not pancakes.
    That how it works now? Since when exactly? Cause last I checked a subcultures activities, style, "members", and vibe is what gives it life...not just what they originate.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

that crayon set had me loling

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    That how it works now? Since when exactly? Cause last I checked a subcultures activities, style, "members", and vibe is what gives it life...not just what they originate.
    see the second part of my post that you didn't qoute, that answers the question.

call that shortsighted if you will, but the entire point of categorizing something is so that you have a standard. if everything could be associated with Goth (or any other grouping), then there would be no point or even possibility of identifying anything as such
    iwatnte an nra guy with a pancake on his head

haha, good ol' pic'o'bunny'n'pankcake

Zombie_Fatale's Avatar Senior Member

there's funny addition to this contest - the Gothic Cosmo ... I wish I could read it

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

But we do rule the world...

...from the shadows.

Vlah. Vlah. I count vun efil conspiracy, two efil conspiracies, three efil conspiracies, ah! Ha! Ha!

Zombie_Fatale's Avatar Senior Member

Shhhhh... don't tell anyone.. let them rest unaware

+ Reply to Thread