+ Reply to Thread

Thread: White Corset, $40.00 online

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default White Corset, $40.00 online

OK so I got this custom made corset online for $40.00, and it is really not that bad, BUT, it is just not fabulous enough!! I got some really pretty bridal lace and I keep trying to make this corset look more fabulous but it is just NOT as fabulous as the $300, $400, $500 corsets...

It is sweet and cute, but no matter where I put this damn lace, it just does not look right!! AH!!!

I am going corset crazy!!!

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Default Re: White Corset, $40.00 online

Give us a shot (pic) of you in it and maybe we could give ya some inspiration to improve upon it.

OK actually my ahem, gosh I don't know what you would call him, LOVER, wants me to wear white in a new photo shoot, but I swear, this corset is just not there yet.... I mean, you just have to spend the money to get a decent corset!!!! It doesn't have the boning, so the waist does not go in, it just goes up and down, etc....not long enough...

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

sell it on e-bay.... now that you've worn it i'm sure it'll fetch a better price.

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

u could bring it in at the waist and put some boning in it, its fairly easy to do.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

lol boning

sorry im as mature as a 13 year old

Quote Originally Posted by morbid_lady
    u could bring it in at the waist and put some boning in it, its fairly easy to do.
    How is that done? Where do I get "BONING"!! Hah! H-m-m-m-... well you know, the sewing kind. I was thinking of taking apart something else with BONING... That word... God I am such a dirty slut!

And the waist is so short, how can I make it go in? I did the lacings so it should go in at the waist, but it's just two peices of cloth sown together you know cheapo, it just won't go in...

Oh well, it is cute and sweet, but it is not like a $500 perfectly made corset, it is just like something you would wear if you were a teeny bopper. Which is OK...

And it's hard to find the right "white" bra to go with it, it's an odd shade, not really white, not really ivory, so WHITE looks too bright and IVORY looks too dark, and then it has lace with pearls, etc. so plain bras don't look right.

Well I guess I will have to do the shoot topless then!!!

It's not easy being a goth pin-up!!!! It takes work!!

OK I know you are all on the edge of your seat waiting to hear the news about my white corset, so here it is!

So I sewed the lace onto the bra and garter belt and the corset, so they all match, and it looks great!!!

I knew you were concerned about this, so I just thought I would tell you my sewing adventures!

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

damn i need to learn how to sew, I only know how to knit. I cant make corsets but i can make a sweater or a scarf

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

awwwww will you make me a pirate scarf hun??? pretty please with sex on top??? hahaaa

corsets... are... hott. thats cool you finally like your corset tho i have one that i just got for about 40 bucks at the mall... not a real corset but it does up like one, and it matches a skirt i got... it had really cheapass plastic boning in it... (that doesnt feel all that dirty when i say it... weird) i took it out tho cuz when i leaned over it bent and wouldnt unbend and then it poked me in the ribs... who wants that??? fuck that hehe... but its sexy

lets all learn how to make corsets!!! im gonna look that up right now on the net... YAY!!

googley corset search

okay so i did a google.ca search for "corset making instructions" and this came up... the first site is AWESOME i read it... only one ive read so far but super informative about how to make a corset. it sounds really easy if you can find all the stuff i think i might have to make one!

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

i have pattern for corsets and stays, i think its by mccalls. it doesnt look too hard to do, but a little tedious and time consuming. might try some time when i got less projects started.

scabre's Avatar Senior Member
    oh.. im from leeds, (up north in the uk to be precise!)

good luck hunny!
    glad u got it all sorted

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    googley corset search

okay so i did a google.ca search for "corset making instructions" and this came up... the first site is AWESOME i read it... only one ive read so far but super informative about how to make a corset. it sounds really easy if you can find all the stuff i think i might have to make one!
    That's a good idea, I am going to Google it and look it up!

Quote Originally Posted by morbid_lady
    i have pattern for corsets and stays, i think its by mccalls. it doesnt look too hard to do, but a little tedious and time consuming. might try some time when i got less projects started.
    I have never seen that! A pattern for a corset. I will check that out.

Mistress Jennifer, there is a good book for beginners of corset making, "The Basics Of Corset Building" by Linda Sparks . see if a Barnes and noble near You can get it for You.

or You can look at this link

Mik

That's very cool. I need to get a sewing machine. What I have been doing is hand sewing on lace, sequins, trims, tulle on bras, corsets, thongs and garter belts, so I don't really make it from scratch, I just add on the glitz!!

It really makes them look like a million bucks. One outfit I sewed on green sequines and green Mardi Gras beads!

But I really should get a sewing machine. It's just that a lot of the stuff I sew has to be hand sewn, any kind of ornate beads or sequins or appliques, all have to be hand done. Which I actually enjoy doing, it reminds me of when I was 16....

sewing machines are fantastic.. everyone should have one. hehe... i cant really picture sewing a corset with one though, it would be too awkward... heh then again i suck with a sewing machine...
    tried to make a bean bag frog once... heh... it was... sad.

+ Reply to Thread