+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beauty Products .

Mother Superior

Default Beauty Products .

What brands of makeup do you use? Is there a certain shampoo you tend to buy? Nail polishes, hair accesories, anything beauty related, share, pass it on. I have always had a problem with mascaras because my eyes are so sensitive, but now that I use Dr. Hauschka, no more. I use Christian Dior makeup or Chanel, that's all or I go natural.This makeup has the best coverage and lasts all day. As for hair products I have always liked Paul Mitchell & Sebastian products though I did find something called Keratase, it's incredible. Especially if you have chemically treated hair. Nail polish is OPI , and that's it, it lasts quite along time. Hair accessories I like Eve Reid quite a bit. As for body washes and cleansers, I like Jason, Mustela, Philosophy and L'Occitane.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Beauty Products .

My hair stylist often recommends Keratase (sp? -- I suppose I could look in my purse, but that would involve going more than a foot from the computer) products. Sometimes Biolure and a Phyto and a couple others.

I just got this nice MAC eyeliner and mascara and both irritate my eyes, although it is easier to wear the mascara without getting it in my eyes.

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

John Freida's Sheer Blonde hair products.
    Palmer's cocoa and shea butter moisturizers.
    Carmex for lipcare.

~Histrionica~

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

whatever is 50p on the market - leaves more cash for records, dvds and BEER

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I'm a big fan of Drugstore make up, like Wet'n'Wild. But my base and conceler is usually either Jane or Physician's Formula. And the only black eyshadow that my skin doesn't absorb is Maybeline. Powder by Johnson and Johnson, gotta love that baby powder comes in my skin tone! Hair care is usually Suave but when I dye it it's Loreal, just because the colour is truer. I buy alotta the cheap stuff so I have more money to spend at the craft store.
    K

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

This is a nice post I always wonder what type of make-up seems to work for other people. I used Clinique foundation for a few years and I was never happy with it so I recently switched to Mac and I really like the way it looks. I love Lacome twist up waterproof eyeliner, it lasts and doesn't get all gross or runny under your eyes...I use Benifit Bad Gal Lash for mascara and it is hot, it makes me short little eyelashes look long wihout clumping...haha I sound like a magazine...*is digging through purse*...Sephora lip marker is really neat, it's lip color that looks and works like a marker. Yup..those are my make-up raves for the day...hehe

Genesis's Avatar Member

I am a product whore, hands down.
    I work for beauty distributor... so I get some pretty sweet deals on a lot of beauty products. I'm really into YoungBlood (mineral make-up line) and Trucco (Sebastian's make-up line). Trucco is a lot like MAC.. same pigment and a large variety of colors. They come out with a new collection every quarter that they send to me for free too. Young Blood is great for people with really sensitive skin because it's all natural.
    As far as shampoo and conditioner... It's Davines all the way. High end product from Parma Italy. I love the Alchemy line, I use the Moisture shampoo and Hyper moisture conditioner with the Milky Pack for a deep treatment once a week type thing. For damaged hair proteins are the way to go and that entire line is packed with milk proteins.
    I use Dermalogica for my face and body. Have for a about a year now and I must admit that I am a junkie. Love love love love the daily microfoliant! It's a rice bran exfoliant that is gentle enough to use on a daily basis (hence the name daily microifoliant). The conditioning body wash is another one of my faves from the line. Followed up by the skin hydrating mask.
    Ok... wow.. can you tell I'm a little crazy with the products? I take over 1/2 the shower area with all my products *laugh*

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Dial Soap and Suave Kiwi Essence Shampoo..... and occasionally I shave so Edge Gel and a Mach 3 (they're great razors for shaving your head FYI) oh and Colgate whitening and Red Zone (fat people sweat, especially when it's 102 outside)

Mother Superior

I love Trucco mascara, that wears well. Have you ever tried La Poudre by Caron? I use Supreme Secrets by Janssen for my face.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

There's a cool shop called Sephora in SF, I buy most of my products there. It doesn't matter what brand, because I look at the individual products. So I just have a grab bag of stuff....

Mother Superior

I adore Sephora. I usually shop on their website , though there is one at the nearest mall. Depends on what I need and how fast I need it.

+ Reply to Thread