+ Reply to Thread

Thread: anyone watch the new southpark?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default anyone watch the new southpark?

I didn't really think it was that funny from an objective standpoint, and from a personal standpoint I found the "social commentary" to be pretty insulting. Basically it implied that the nation just tried to come up with ridiculous explanations on passing the blame and that no one cared or tried to help the victims of hurricane Katrina. also it portrayed the idea of caring about ecological destruction to be stupid and hysterical. It's one thing to crack jokes about politicians and celebrities, but to make fun of charity organizations and citizens that gave more then they could afford to help people is pretty fucking ridiculous.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: anyone watch the new southpark?

we didint listen ! !!!

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I love Parker and Stone. They were satirising the absurdity of the whole thing and how people have a tendancy to get so wrapped up in who to blame and let the media tell them what to believe that in the end it just makes the whole thing worse. Also in there was a moral about telling the truth from the beginning so that things doen't get blown out of proportion. People who live in precarious places really should expect nature to catch up to them, don't steal things and never ever believe anything Cartman says.

K

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

I laughed at the media blowing things out of perportion part, but I didn't think it was that great of an episode as a whole.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I............... haven't seen the new south park yet, but then again it's kind of hard to get them here.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    ...and never ever believe anything Cartman says.

K
    Wait just a minute there Lady K...he has been right about numerous things. Like hippies...and aliens!

He's a very wise soul..wrapped up in a whole lotta hate but wise none the less!

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    People who live in precarious places really should expect nature to catch up to them
    so I guess those fifty thousand people that got killed in the tsunami last year were just asking for it? as well as the massive death toll in pakistan from the recent earth quake, they should have all moved out? where exactly are a half a billion people supposed to move to?

but I'm sure that all the people that live in the ghetto in new orleans chose to live there, it couldn't have anything to do with poor people only being able to afford property in a flood zone. If you are going to give people shit for living there maybe you should point your finger at the realtor that sold the property which is in a disaster plane.

I also just love how the media has made a big punchline out of "George Bush doesn't care about (insert comical joke-group here)" so that we can all laugh it off and not have to think about the fact that racism exists in america today.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I also just love how the media has made a big punchline out of "George Bush doesn't care about (insert comical joke-group here)" so that we can all laugh it off and not have to think about the fact that racism exists in america today.
    I think Bush's delayed reaction was a combination of just plain ol' incompetence, and not just on his part either...FEMA, anybody (although Bush did appoint the asshole in charge, I believe), plus red tape...it's the inactions of the mayor and the governor that also need to be called into scrutiny just as much as Bush. But attributing a racial motive to it was just plain wrong. Bush has already got Powell and Rice, plus a Hispanic Attorney General in the form of 2257-pushing pinhead Albert Gonzales, and I also saw some Asian lady who was evidently very high up in the Dept. of employment (can't remember her full title) on the news. He'll never make Grand Wizard at this rate...

But 'President Bush doesn't care about black people' is a nice easily digestable soundbite for people that don't think too much. I'd love to see an MTV special where Kanye West gets to have a sit-down Q+A session with an audience of non-black Katrina victims. Who knows, maybe if he'd have stuck it out at college a little longer before he dropped out, he might have been a little smarter by now, but obviously not...I guess Chuck D. was right.

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

The global warming has affected my brain...I don't understand. All I know is that...

CARTMAN DID IT!

Yes, I did see it...and I thought it was interesting piece of political satire. Some people may have thought it insulting...but that is what free speech is for..to express one's opinion..

Ok, gotta go...preparing for the global warming...have to evacuate.

misstayva's Avatar Professional Nose-Picker

What episode isn't insulting to some degree?
    Remember the one about the "goo-backs" where all of those illegal aliens (literally) come through that portal into South Park?
    Man, I was shocked at some of the content of that episode. Those guys really take the piss...
    I'm surprised they haven't been burned at stake yet... haha

RobLongshot's Avatar Smut Peddler

i always knew that gold thing was true....

faultofhumanity's Avatar Member

family guy is much more insulting then south park will ever be. south park is just more politically motivated whereas family guy isn't as much

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic Vampire
    I think Bush's delayed reaction was a combination of just plain ol' incompetence, and not just on his part either...FEMA, anybody (although Bush did appoint the asshole in charge, I believe), plus red tape...it's the inactions of the mayor and the governor that also need to be called into scrutiny just as much as Bush. But attributing a racial motive to it was just plain wrong. Bush has already got Powell and Rice, plus a Hispanic Attorney General in the form of 2257-pushing pinhead Albert Gonzales, and I also saw some Asian lady who was evidently very high up in the Dept. of employment (can't remember her full title) on the news. He'll never make Grand Wizard at this rate...

But 'President Bush doesn't care about black people' is a nice easily digestable soundbite for people that don't think too much. I'd love to see an MTV special where Kanye West gets to have a sit-down Q+A session with an audience of non-black Katrina victims. Who knows, maybe if he'd have stuck it out at college a little longer before he dropped out, he might have been a little smarter by now, but obviously not...I guess Chuck D. was right.
    I totally agree, but my point is still valid.

Quote Originally Posted by faultofhumanity
    family guy is much more insulting then south park will ever be. south park is just more politically motivated whereas family guy isn't as much
    maybe. I guess i'm just a little tired of hearing every topic dissected to death by the media vampires and then having to have it dug up again on next weeks south park. It's funny once in awhile but they need to get back to episodes involving asses and aliens and things like that , some of the funniest epsiodes are just about funny random shit. leave the politics to jon stewart.

+ Reply to Thread