+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scent.

Mother Superior

Default Scent.

Do you use perfumes,colognes or oils? It has been said that nothing smells more wonderful than the natural scent of a person, well, that may or may not be the case. What do you prefer? Also, do you find it unnatural to mask your own scent with these scents that can be purchased? Personally, I am into aromatherapy and enjoy smells. My favorite perfume right now is Omnia by Bvlgari.. it's divine.

Default Re: Scent.

Well, Even though I hate Deodorant, and am allergic to it, I use it anyway, but I would rather use some sort of stuff that doesnt have Zync or aluminum in it.

According to a teacher from high school, she said that stuff can cause cancer and alsheimer's, but I dont know if that is true.

I prefer Perfume or Cologne though, by far.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Chanel #5 on me. All sorts of essential oils on my candles. And I generally buy hair products based on how yummy they smell.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I can't stomach cologne or purfume from a bottle...on a person yes but not from the bottle. Odd huh?

I don't wear cologne myself but that's more to do with me knowing Zero about em than me not wanting to wear it.

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

I love nice smelling stuff. I usually bathe and moisturise with lavender-scented products. My signature scent is Elizabeth Arden's Red Door, though in the summer i find it a little heavy and tend towards White Musk from The Body Shoppe.

I love the smell of Acqua di Gio(sp?) on a man. You mix that with just a light sheen of sweat, and... yummy!

~Histrionica~

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

i like bath and body works. they have a sent for all my many moods.
    my man wears acts sents. because i like them alot.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I used to wear alot of lavender, but appearantly my man is highly allergic to any thing remotely lavender (he claimes that even the colour gives him hives, BS, he wears purple more than any one I know). So I stick to Jasmine, Cherry Blossom, Tea Rose and Windsong. I have about a dozen others but I don't wear them unless the relative that bought them is comming over.
    There are two Scents that I adore on guys, Aspen and Aramis. I don't know why. Oddly, neither of these goes with Rob's natural scent. He wears Escada or Halston Z-14. Whatever works, right?
    K

memorydream's Avatar Sage

I do. I love a lavender undertone, a bit of Hugo, a fresh garden smell and meat off the grill, but it's usually just the first two. I'm really lucky that sweat doesn't make me smell bad. I do like Egyptian Goddess, which is getting harder and harder to find. I used to wear a cologne named "Bitch" and "Sorry ladies, I'm gay," I couldn't tell you exactly what those were at this moment.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

I've been wearing body sprays/essential oils for a long time. My preferred scents are sandalwood and freesia. I like subtle scents, but since I do work in a gym now, I've noticed that there are people out there who need stronger stuff. Natural scent is a great idea, but personally, I can't stomach a tidal wave of sticky, nasty pungent B.O.

Genesis's Avatar Member

I use oils and perfumes...depending on my mood.
    The ones on heavy rotation are:
    Perfumes-
    Gucci: Envy
    Chanel: mademoiselle
    Victoria Secret: Heavenly
    (can't think of who makes it): Angel

Oils-
    Dragons blood
    vanilla
    rose

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I must use deodorant and I have a bottle of Polo Sport that I haven't used in 2 years in my medicine cabinet....... that's it, my brother in law has used Fabreze before....... he hadn't taken a shower in three days and had to go out (I think it was for a concert) so he just sprayed Fabreze on his entire body................ fucking gross............... but then again he dumped a whole bottle of the same shit down his kitchen sink because he hadn't done dishes in 3 weeks....... I still can't figure out how he's my brother in law..... my sister must have him by the balls.

Mother Superior

Are you kidding me? Looks at her bottle of Febreze

Febreeze? Whoa, thats..umm okay. What ever floats his boat. I love the smell of patchouli. My ex bf always had on patchouli oil and I could never get my nose off the center of his chest. I tend to stick to more floral or sporty scents for myself, like jasmine or lucky perfume.

colognes
    Cool Water
    Versace Blue Jeans
    Boss

patchoulie, sandalwood, amber, and opium essential oils in small amounts are a turn on. people can wear too much scent

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Quote Originally Posted by velvetbutterfly9
    people can wear too much scent
    Tell me about it! Some times getting in to an elevator is like walking into a perfume factory. Some people don't understand that I shouldn't be able to smell your perfume from the other side of the room, or after you've left. It should be one of those things when I'm standing less than 5 feet from you I say, "Gee, you smell nice", not be gagging and coughing because I'm walking down the hall behind you.
    Sorry about the lil rant here, but this just happened to me a few hrs ago. Unfortunatly, the perfume the old bat was wearing I'm allergic to some how and now my sinuses are swollen to the size of hot air balloons...
    K

Mother Superior

Apparently they aren't familiar with the term ; a little dab will do ya!

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

i use this spray that smells like cotton candy...um its body fantasies...and i got it from wal-mart yum... but i usually dont wear any scents

I like it when people have their own signature scent. Mine is Thierry Mugler's Amen. Im very into scents and i love the smell of things especially just cut grass and new leather.

Curve
    Cool Water
    Jaipur Homme Eau de Parfum (Dont wear this one alot...$125 for like 3 ounces..Only comes out for special events....)

Gothickitty's Avatar Meow, Listen to me Purrrr

Two of my favorite perfumes are ICIC and Vanilla Fields. I love almost all scents from bath and body works..... cucumber melon YUMMY

pretty much anything with vailla is yummy

shesinparties's Avatar Member

clove oil-but it burns .

+ Reply to Thread