+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you like to set things on fire?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you like to set things on fire?

Do you like to set things on fire? Do you like to do it now or did you like to do it as a kid? Anecdotes please.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Do you like to set things on fire?

Yes.

do I? do I?

does a bear wear a funny hat?

does a pope shit in the woods?

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

yes apparantly it's a small boy thing, but i got some long matches to light the cooker and they're FUN

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Always did and still do. I even have two building to my credits. One when I was 12 and one at 14. And I just can't turn down an opportunity for a rip roaring bonfire.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

OOOH Fire! I have several empty lots to my credit and more girlscout campfires than I can count as well as numerous cheap plastic toys from gumball machines.

Candy wrappers smell funny when they catch fire and they don't so much burn as kind of melt.

I used to set fire to mini candy canes and eat them. Like toasted march mellows. I know, I'm weird.
    K

Does howdy doody has wooden balls??
    Does a hobby horse have a wooden dick??

I like to find neat ways to cause fires....Such as mixing chemicals together that cause fire or using a super soaker filled with kerosene and a long wooden stove match to make home made blow torch....

OR my all time fave...In an empty 2 litre coke bottle mix aluminum foil and toilet bowl cleaner to cause hydrogen gas...Take regular balloons from the store strecth them over the opening of the bottle filling them with the gas...Tie the balloon shut and attach a LONG rag or piece of rope to the balloon and set the end of the rag/rope on fire and let the balloon go...

When the fire hits the balloon makes a nice pretty fireball in the sky...Looks very impressive if you do lots of them at once....Maybe get a little copper oxide and coat the inside of the balloon prior to filling and you get a nice Green flame...BE CAREFUL if you do this B/C if the rope/Rag isnt long enough it will go off near you and possibly burn you....Just use your head...

Oh and I also like making designs on the ground with Gas, kerosene, any flamible substance (Gas and lotsa styrofoam makes a Napalm like paste that can be painted on) and make a neat design on the ground and set it on fire....

Dont use a lot of what ever substance B/C if you use too much you cant tell what the hell the design is..Just looks like big fire and the effect is ruined...

Oh yeah the napalm stuff...Easy to make...Get a lot of old styrofoam cups....Buy them or do like I do just go to a dump and get some....

Get a metal pan that you will never want to use again put the gas in it...Get another container larger than the one with the gas in it and fill it with HOT HOT water....Put the pan with the gas into the hot water warming the gas a little....Then start adding styrofoam till the gas doesnt dissolve the styrofoam any more...When this happens you have a VERY viscous VERY flamable substance similar to Napalm...

(Disclimer: I am in no way responsible for your actions, this was simply put here as useless public shared information. In other words....If you get this shit all over you and light a cigarette like a moron and get the snot burned out of you it ain't my fault)

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Yep... Ever since I was a kid.

Always building model kits, and then setting them on fire, and shooting them with my BB gun.

And then the more advanced pyromania in high school, with fireworks, guns, pipe bombs, model rockets, etc, etc...

I still love 4th of July.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

damn....

haha,when i was a kid i was about to have to go to a special school for delinquints because i set shit ablaze all day long....

yea,..yea,i like fire...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Without a doubt...though I've never gone so far as to set a house on fire. Cause arson is just plain wrong. *looks around to make sure the FBI guys are gone*

All right anyhow when I was a kid and went to mexico me and a large group of other like minded kids found ourselves bored one day. So in looking around we had access to a lot of stuff that would fun to see go up in flames. Not wanting others to see this potential fun brought down by "the man" or in this case those pesky things called parents we decided to purn said things inside of this long abandoned lil storage shack.

Yeah nothing could go wrong with THIS idea right?

Well needless to say lil shack went up like dry kindling as one thing we watched burn burned a bit hotter, larger, and brigher than we thought. Luckily the lil shack simply turned itself into a pretty nice bonfire and no one really cared since it was an eyesore anyhow. But it was a bit scary being INSIDE it when it started to go up.

Of course the very next day we were at it again doing really stupid things and melting plastic into lil firebombs over ant hills...very angry red ants at that.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

we did the torches on the ant farms...

those ants in central Fla. are basterds anyways,haha...

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

There wree a couple of times.. I set fire to my dresser as a kid, and once when I was a teenager, i was bbqing, ran out of lighter fluid, so i thought it would be a good idea to grab the gasoline... The edge of the roof was a little too close to the fireball, and we had to spray the roof down... But the BBQ was awesome

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

setting a fire and letting it burn out of control is like giving birth. well, as much as a guy without kids can imagine giving birth. nowadays i like campfires / bonfires.... staring into flames licking the sky is one of the best things in life.

ever light a fire? ever light a fire on weeeeeeeeeed?

Sawyer_Alexie's Avatar You Spoony Bard!!
    Alaska, only this time land of short people who wear fur and smile a lot.

I had a friend (let's call him Dumbass) who's mom only let him watch the Discovery Channel.

One day, Dumbass watches a documentary on stuntmen. One of the subjects was the dude they set on fire.

Dumbass found several towels and a bottle of perfume in his house....

He didn't suffer any burns, but the flames exceeded three feet.
    Ask me someday, and I'll tell you the story of him crossing a frozen river, while yelling "I'm Jesus!" because he was "walking on water"...

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

oh man, as a kid id throw anything i could find on the fireplace, fire is a damn temptress. for some reason i really like the smell of burning hair, also watching it as it reacts to the flame. bought a mini blowtorch a while back and used to cut soda cans in half with it, and ive done the whole burning insects thing, but who hasnt? :P

reubs's Avatar Senior Member

i think everyone is a fire-lover arent they?? i have a couple good scars here and there from fire games gone wrong...i personally like destruction in general....the more complicated the destruction the better

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

I only set my computer desk on fire on a regularly basis, good thing its a thick woodden desk and its only charred

you can see the lighter fluid in the background

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

BTW ive been training to be a firefighter, here i am with the fire chief for the city of LA two years ago when i completed one of my fire supression courses

and lets not forget one of my first threads on these boards lol
    http://www.blueblood.net/boards/showthread.php?t=789

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Rob used to breath fire and had a bad habit of burning coins and lighting his desk on fire. An aquaintence of mine once asked a friend of his to poor isopropyl alcohol on his hairy back and light it on fire. Unfortunatly said aquaintence was rather "soft" and the alcohol pooled in the folds and burned him pretty badly. It's a shame that fucker had the opportunity to breed.

I like bonfires on the beach particularly well. Esp on the space coast durring a rocket launch. Talk about fire. Lights up the sky like a false dawn to be seen as far away as Disney World. I miss the space coast some ights....
    K

I once set my uncles farm on fire.

Sex_Kitten's Avatar Saucy Little Minx

yes, I did set shit on fire.....I still do. It's fun, and it gives you something to do when you have mass amounts of gasoline, lighter fluid....matches, and mass amounts of things to light up.

When I was a kid, my cousin Danny (whom is the same age as I am) we used to do the old hair spray and lighter trick to light up flame throwers. We did that and accidently caught my grandma's dog on fire.That was sooo great......seeing a half german shepard/half pomeranian run around the house on fire, yelping and doing the doggie stop drop and roll routine.

When I was a younger teenager, I liked to light shit on fire and throw it into a bunch of things that were highly flammable. Danny and I would light up a paper and throw it into a bunch of leaves doused in gasoline and lighter fluid.....yeah, my mom was pissed that she didn't have most of her favorite birch tree in the annual family tree for the christmas cards that year.

Then one year for devil's night, Danny and I drove to the scrap yard about an hour away from his house. We made a shitload of Roman candles, and was just setting cars on fire. Then watching them expload and cause a big BOOM sound. That was great.......

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

I know I'm a little late but,
    Hells Yeah I like to set things on fire!
    I have personally tested the flammability of every chemical at my work that claims to be flammable...and some that don't. I'm usually a controled burner, so I don't have too many cool stories...I like to set puddles of water on fire because it doesn't seem right. And, of course, what kind of a pyro would I be without this:

+ Reply to Thread