+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Concert Surprises

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Default Concert Surprises

I just came back from seeing 311 with the Roots (free ticket). It was a great show that I would not have gone to had I not gotten a free ticket to it.
    Has anyone here had the same experience with other bands or have you had the opposite, where they're your favorite band and you wouldn't miss it for the world and they put on the worst concert in your life?

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Re: Concert Surprises

The only surprise I can think about is the Ministry touring with Skinny Puppy and as yet Undetermined Third Party come this fall...
    K

I will definitely be there if it comes to Kansas City........ that's the shitty thing about living here........ most of the bands I want to see, the closest they'll come is Denver which is 600 miles away............ I may love some bands but I'm not driving 10 hours to a city I've never been to to see them.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Oh, Denver's not so bad. I was born there, you know. It's alot like LA. Mountains, Smog and Mexicans. (I only say it cause it's true.) The only real difference is they get snow, we have to drive to Big Bear to see that stuff.
    K

memorydream's Avatar Sage

I have. Back in the roaring days of metal, Metallica was the utter worse band to ever see. I saw the Clash of the Titans and was not really into Slayer and was there for Megadeth and Anthrax at the time. Anthrax was fine, but Megadeth was pretty terrible and Slayer was so good I totally changed my opinions of them at the time.

The bands that I saw and was really impressed with afterward were gODHEAD and Bile, as far as musical talent goes, I was REALLY impressed with the Roots, the drumming honestly reminded me of Sepultura (like Chaos AD and Ratamahatta cool tribal stuff) the bassist and guitarist were awesome, I'm not a fan of rap but it was real good.

The worst band I've seen in concert was the Bloodhound Gang, they decided to do an acoustic show so only Jimmy Pop and the guitarist were there, they played two songs and were booed offstage. Then I went to this local battle of the bands thing in KC, it was at a christian coffee house, so none of the bands could fucking cuss..... and then somebody picked a fight with the sister of one of the bands' singers. And then my friends were told by some shitbags (most of them high schoolers) to get their preppy asses out of there and to never come back.......... I generally don't hate a lot of bands, I just hate their fans ie ICP, Slipknot, Korn etc.

nausiatingpain's Avatar Senior Member

Most interesting concert surprise was when I saw Witchery in '99 or '00 in NYC when nobody heard of them. They were touring with Divine Empire, Borknager, Peccatum, and Emperor. Knocked everyone's socks off. I bought their CD at the show. Their CDs are good but not fantastic, but their live shows are great.

Best live bands I've seen, in no particular order, are Death, Slayer, Sadus, Hypocrisy, Witchery, and Vio-lence. List not exhaustive.

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    The bands that I saw and was really impressed with afterward were gODHEAD and Bile, as far as musical talent goes, I was REALLY impressed with the Roots, the drumming honestly reminded me of Sepultura (like Chaos AD and Ratamahatta cool tribal stuff) the bassist and guitarist were awesome, I'm not a fan of rap but it was real good.

The worst band I've seen in concert was the Bloodhound Gang, they decided to do an acoustic show so only Jimmy Pop and the guitarist were there, they played two songs and were booed offstage. Then I went to this local battle of the bands thing in KC, it was at a christian coffee house, so none of the bands could fucking cuss..... and then somebody picked a fight with the sister of one of the bands' singers. And then my friends were told by some shitbags (most of them high schoolers) to get their preppy asses out of there and to never come back.......... I generally don't hate a lot of bands, I just hate their fans ie ICP, Slipknot, Korn etc.
    Well, it's been said: "See Limp Bizkit or Kid Rock, get *****." I know some who have, boys and girls.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

The first time I saw Nine Inch Nails they were the openning band for Peter Murphy. Pretty Hate Machine was just being released and I had never heard them before. That was a good show. They took me totally by surprise.

DyingSunshine's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    The first time I saw Nine Inch Nails they were the openning band for Peter Murphy. Pretty Hate Machine was just being released and I had never heard them before. That was a good show. They took me totally by surprise.
    Oh, Great show.. I'm so jealous!

+ Reply to Thread