+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: The most physically painful moment of your life?

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

Default The most physically painful moment of your life?

I have 2.... cant really decide... I only thought of this b/c I cracked my nose this past weekend and it made me wonder....

1. In the woods I once stepped on the jagged bottom of a broken glass coke bottle. It went through the sole of my sneaker, through my foot, and came up through the top of my sneaker. All bloody. Boy that hurt, but I was only like six so I don't remember it too well.

2. I had a herniated disk in my back 2 years ago. When it first got bad, it was just this kind of blinding, crippling pain that made me shriek expletives like a tourette's sufferer and collapse on the nearest flat surface every 10 minutes or so. Then it got really bad, in the range beyond pain, to where it would make me sweat and twitch and hallucinate in kind of a general nervous system meltdown. In retrospect, that was kind of cool.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: The most physically painful moment of your life?

1 : i got run over by a car on my new bike when i was 13, didint break anything but i had two bruises the size of watermellons, realy gnarly road rash and a ton of cuts and scratches all over my body

2: i jumped off the roof of my house as a kid thinking i could use a garbage bag as a parachute, long story short i belly flopped onto the pavement and broke a few ribs, one of em actualy pierced my skin and was sticking out, i still have a lil bump right there

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

I've had too many instinces to pick one...

but sunday night i thought i had a fucking Brain Hemmorage or something...instint pain in my head so bad i was out of my chair on the floor...

but i've had alot of nasty shit.(for example,haha,a tranny (200lbs-ish) fall on me while Under a car.

that could probally rank up their in the top three.

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    I've had too many instinces to pick one...

but sunday night i thought i had a fucking Brain Hemmorage or something...instint pain in my head so bad i was out of my chair on the floor...

but i've had alot of nasty shit.(for example,haha,a tranny (200lbs-ish) fall on me while Under a car.

that could probally rank up their in the top three.

why were you under the car with a transvestite?

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Holy shot you people have been through some gnarly experiences!!! I can't compete, I have never had anything really traumatic happen to me that was not self inflicted. Here's my lame story.

When I got my tongue pierced the first time, it was in the back of a homeless woman's van. She clamped my tongue, and pushed the needle through. Then comes the part where they stick the jewelry through. Basically they allign the two pieces and then guide the barbell through the hole. Halfway through my tongue the needle and the jewelry slipped apart, and I could feel her poking around and trying to realign them. After a few seconds (which seemed like hours I might add) my vision started to black out, and all I could see was tunnel vision. I know you wouldn't think that a little piercing could be so painful, but it was!

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    why were you under the car with a transvestite?
    i was waiting for someone to say that ..

was talkin' about cars:tranny

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

The number one is also most depressing so we won't go there.

Two is definitly the food poisoning I had over the weekend. imagine if you will two dozen corkscrews boring into your stomach at the same time an equal number is trying to get out. That was the worst of it till the IV and I'm not going there.

Three is easily the time I fell down on my already broken leg. That sucked.

Other than that it's alll been pretty normal stuff.
    K

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

1- having my daughter. my placenta ruptured. worst pain ive ever felt in my life. *imagine someone taking a knife in your stomach and twisting it all around*

2- when my ex BF beat my ass. he caused brain bleeding and i was in a coma for 3 days. that shit hurt.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

maaaan.. that shits not cool at ALL...
    i fell out of a tent once... onto a chair. HAHA i fucking rock. i tripped over the edge of the doorway kinda thing where it zips up... and there was a mini folding camping chair right outside... METAL one, nonetheless.. i fell RIGHT on it with my full weight right on my ribs... for a minute i couldnt breathe at all... not even to cry... then afterwards i could but but but the reason i tripped in the first place is cause i was in a hurry cause i REALLY had to pee. so yeah i fell on a chair, bruised the living HELL out of my ribs and almost peed myfuckinself all in about 3 seconds. it hurt to breathe after that for like a month... not to mention i scared the living shit out of my boyfriend at the time, his brother, and his parents, and probly people in the next 3 campsites over hahaa... it was like 6 in the morning! jeebus...
    and there was that time i was on the phone with that same boyfriend and tripped going up the stairs... SLAMMED my knee into the edge of the stair... was bruised for over a year and a half... honestly... heh i couldnt even touch it for about 2 months.
    was funny though, neither one of thsoe times i had a visible bruise... very weird.
    then theres every time i get a migraine headache... shrapnel bombs anyone?

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Both really painful experiences my body went into shock, so I did not feel it too much.

The first was shattering the end of my fingertip.
    But I just got dizzy, and it throbbed. But the pain shut off after
    a couple seconds due to shock.

The other time was ripping my hamstring snowboarding.
    That did not hurt when it happened. My leg just did not work.
    Then later it hurt a lot. I took a crapload of painkillers, and they
    did not do anything.

But it sounds like a lot of your experiences sucked a lot more
    than the ones I had. I've burned myself with soldering guns
    and hot glue guns several times. Burns hurt.

Actually, come to think of it, the worst pain I remember
    as a kid, was when I thought the electric burner on the
    stove looked really pretty and glowey orange, and decided
    to touch it with my hand. That was painful... But when you
    are 4 years old, you don't know any better...

yeah my brother did that when he was a kid... we used to keep our cereal in the cupboard above the stove, so when we were kids we had to jump up on the stove to get cereal... he put his hand RIGHT fully on the element, like hard to push himself up on the stove... he didnt realize it was still scorching hot, cause it went back to black. owwie...
    i like playing with candles though

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Chopping the tip of my left middle finger off with a router....

Breaking my wrist during a BMX accident....

Reading mindless thoughts that people post on random msg. boards all day... rofl

drak05's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by suicidal_tendencies
    1- having my daughter. my placenta ruptured. worst pain ive ever felt in my life. *imagine someone taking a knife in your stomach and twisting it all around*

2- when my ex BF beat my ass. he caused brain bleeding and i was in a coma for 3 days. that shit hurt.
    I've had simular experiences happen to me... difference in the first one is it was my son, and not only did the placenta rupture but they had to go inside me to unrap the imbilical cord from around his neck. That hurt... and second My older brother has broken almost every bone in my body but until a few years ago has always gotten away with it because no one believed that he would do something like that... When he started doing it when I was 8 I told on him and my mother said I was lying and I was only trying to get him in trouble... Even after she took me to the hospital...

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    2: i jumped off the roof of my house as a kid thinking i could use a garbage bag as a parachute,

thats just fuckin sweet right there.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I've had a few.

The first was when I got my pinky slammed into a car door when I was 5 then right after it finally healed I got it slammed into a bathroom door. It got stuck and my Dad had to take the door off of the hinges to get me out. That sucked.

And (I'll skip the worst parts) when I was 13 the connective tissues in my sternum started to tear and everyone thought I was having a heart attack. I've never in my life experienced anything that painful.

I think those two are the worst. After that most of my accidents seem like small taters.

the bomb diggity, word

each of the times i woke up after undergoing ECT (electro-convulsive therapy)..... the modern term for electro-shock therapy.....

i would wake up with horrible pain in all of my muscles, an incapacitating headache, and on top of that it usually took about 8 hours for me to be able to remember my name, who i was, where i was, why i was there, and the like (i still have large gaps in my memory [i have no recollection of anything that happened during 19 years of my life, and thus have to rely on old documents, pictures, videos, and what my parents/relatives/friends tell me] permanently)

ECT is not cool... didn't nazi's invent it or something? (okay I know they didn't..but damn!)

1-3 years old at the beach (so this memorie is all bright and shiney...) I've been making sand castles...I return to the blanket to finish up my Orange Crush...and 4 yellow jackets fly out, and sting me on my lips, and cheek multiple times each...my father tells me to quit complaining (he didn't see the yellowjackets...) possibly even more shocking than painful...but at the time all I could think was 'fuuuuck! that hurts'

2-Gallstones... didn't know what they were, or how to fix 'em. felt like a rough wooden stake had been driven through my liver, and was being gently twisted, and delicately moved back, and forth... like a gentle lover...lasted for a week, 24 hour pain. honestly thought about shooting myself. was finally rescued by the mother of a friend who was a natural healer, who fed me digestive enzymes made from papaya, and it cleared up in 5 min. WTF????

3-Sinus explosions on airplanes... feels like a red hot base string has been run up one nostril, and is being pulled back, and fourth through the other...combined with an industrial lazer slicing my head apart... the first time it happened it was the most exquisitely painful thing I've ever experienced, far beyond the realm of what I'd imagined possible, I just started laughing, and laughing, and laughing, as the tears rolled down my face (I think they were being forced out by the pressure.)

the bomb diggity, word

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    ECT is not cool... didn't nazi's invent it or something? (okay I know they didn't..but damn!)
    they didnt invent it, but they used it to torture "patients", supposedly tesing the human brain's capacity for handling shock and measuring how much memory could be erased/if specific periods of life could be targeted to be erased

you are right to be surprised..... it is still used very rarely, and only in the most "extreme" and "abnormal" cases where no traditional treatments have provided results..... i was one of 24 people to recieve ECT in the last 4 years in the US.... i am the only living person in the US to have undergone more than 23 treatments.... lucky me

Leftalone's Avatar Member

Well I have to say some of those expirences are horriable and some are down right funny..

My worst exper. would have to be when i went river rafting(wasn't my choice to go anyways...) We were going down stream(no duh) and it was quite shallow and rough. And Are group of 8 people and 1 guide all went flying out when we hit this water ditch thing, wirlpool i think they called it. And it flipped the raft forwards(I was about 14 at the time and weighted about 100 pounds ) and i swear i flew at least 10 feet in the air and 20 across stairght onto a sharp rock that cut up my arm and leg, then i slid down the rock into the too shallow river that was moving too fast and it had one too many rocks and branchs. So i got fucked up really bad, My arm was in a sling for 2 weeks, i had so many bruises it hurt standing, sitting, and laying down, i also had a neck brace as well, and a leg wrap. Thank god I didn't break anything. But I still have scars from were i had to get sitches....

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

Medical stories! Hooray!

As a child, I managed to get this literally one-in-a-million disease known as juvenile dermatomyositis. What it does is infect the antibodies who go to deal with the disease. The antibodies, now infected, begin perceiving the body's muscles as more disease, and go crazy and attack them, too. Joints swell, energy and appetite dies, rough patches of skin appears on joints, so on and so forth. General body mobility and use slowly decreases, and if untreated, it results in first crippling and then death. Fortunately, my lovely mommy noticed I was crying because I couldn't tie my shoelaces (because my finger joints were swollen to the point that I could barely grasp the tiny laces), took me to the hospital and raged angry mom rage until I was admitted.

Most of the time I was in the hospital (three weeks) wasn't spent on CURING me, it was DIAGNOSING me. This shit really is rare. I was one of two people in my city and ten people in my province with this thing. Thankfully, it could be convinced to go die with the use of steroids (I was on prednisone, I think it's spelled, for a long time, which is horrible stuff that makes you go crazy, but that's not a part of this), but after the definite diagnosis I had maybe four days left in the hospital where medical students would come and prod me to see this rare-ass disease in action as they probably wouldn't be able to any other time.

Anyway, I had to go through the usual batteries of tests doctos give you when they don't know what the hell is wrong with you - CAT scans, that sort of stuff, bombarding you with eerie rays that make you think you're going to get super powers. At one point, a test I had to go through involved me drinking glucose with radioactive dye. A big snapple bottle full of BRIGHT ORANGE GLUCOSE. There is nothing in this world of taste as inherently revolting as that. CHUG it, I had to. But again, that's neither here nor there.

After week two had passed and no one knew what I had, they started getting into the serious tests - biopsies, removing copious amounts of blood, hair, urine and almost anything else they could. They knew my muscles were suffering, but didn't know WHY. I don't remember the name of this specific test (it begins with an E, but I was eight, so I don't remember). They didn't tell me what it was, because I would righteously freak out. Mom had to come with me, they said. Okay, why not, at least I might get better soon.

When you're eight, any weird medical procedure can be made infinitely less boring by the liberal application of imagination. Motionless, irritating, endless CAT scan? I was being slowly mutated, given super-powers or a giant brain or something. Painy, passy-outey muscle biopsy? I was the sole survivor of a tragic plane accident and would receive a visit from an angel and a devil who would fight over my soul. For this, they brought me into a low-lit room with a few machines, the ever-present needles (I had discovered, through my hospital adventures, that EVERYTHING they do to you involves a needle of some sort, so best to get used to it), so on and so forth. I am instructed to lie down, and my pants and shirt are rolled up. No needles are forthcoming, so I assume it's okay. They use those paddles that they use on people having heart attacks, but on my legs, stomach and arms instead. Huh. Might be home free this time, easy test.

Then they insert the needles, a few into my legs and one or two into other bits of me. Wait, why are there wires attatched to the neeARARSAHHAHAHAHRRRGGHGHGH!!

The needles were electric. They could not tell me, because I would freak out, and no painkillers could be administered, because the purpose of the test was to monitor how my muscles would react to the electricity being shot through me. Not only was it the most searing, horrible pain I have ever experienced, they did this to me when I was EIGHT. I know it was a matter of circumstance, but god damn. I was literally thrashing, my body reacting to the mass amounts of lightning agony shooting up and down my spasming muscles by thrashing about at random. Mom had to hold me down, as well as a few other people around. I couldn't think, just OW OW FUCK RUN AWAY FUCK OW.

As I left, still hurting and bawling, they gave me three dinosaur erasers, like when doctors give you lollipops after a needle. They were the size of my thumbnail and rock-hard. Two weeks later, it was discovered that one of the needles was improperly sterilized and resulted in an infection, which has left a dent in my left thigh that you can poke your finger into. Bastards.

Leftalone's Avatar Member

Awwwwww! So sorry to hear that Lotus

this entire thread hurts just reading it

worst physical pain... hmm easily the worst was when I was 18, living in St Louis and taking Tae Kwon Do classes. when I was working for My brown belt. I was sparring with this yellow belt, a big African american kid who was larger than I was, but was taking his best shots. till He went for a how high side kick and missed the high, taking Me out right on the side of the right knee, breaking it right at the joint, tearing ligaments and cartalage, and there I was laying on the floor on my side, but My foot was still planted firmly flat on the floor in a kind of /\__ look from the way I fell after the break

second came a few years later at the lakefront here in Branson when a young 16 year old girl driving her dads pickup went speeding down the road and decided I was a good hood ornament or bumper sticker, but I bounced back from thatr and walked to the hospital instead of an ambulance

and there I was laying on the floor on my side, but My foot was still planted firmly flat on the floor in a kind of /\__ look from the way I fell after the break
    you have no idea how much im cringing right now vitorro... jeeeebus

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by Scar
    Holy shot you people have been through some gnarly experiences!!! I can't compete, I have never had anything really traumatic happen to me that was not self inflicted. Here's my lame story.

When I got my tongue pierced the first time, it was in the back of a homeless woman's van. She clamped my tongue, and pushed the needle through. Then comes the part where they stick the jewelry through. Basically they allign the two pieces and then guide the barbell through the hole. Halfway through my tongue the needle and the jewelry slipped apart, and I could feel her poking around and trying to realign them. After a few seconds (which seemed like hours I might add) my vision started to black out, and all I could see was tunnel vision. I know you wouldn't think that a little piercing could be so painful, but it was!
    \

heh...I had a drunk friend peirce both of my nipples, he used a big flat sewing meedle and some straight bar earrings, and he used a old pair of pliars to hold them in place...it kept going to tight and slipping off and pinching with the needle half way through...
    but the painful part is they both got ripped out, one of them my cat bit onto in the middle of the night and ripped out, and the other one I was making the bed naked and the sheet caught onto it and it ripped out

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Too many too list but the funniest was during a game of hockey with some friends. It was a casual game nothing serious so we took turns playing goalie. Given the relaxed feel I didn't feel the need to wear a facemask and during one rush for the net I managed to stop the puck before my friend could get his whole stick on it....

Unfortunately the stick kept going and slammed into me at the full force of his slapshot right above my left eye.

All I remember is falling back with my friends gloves over my eyes as he was freaking out thinking he'd either knocked out my eye or cracked my skull open. It hurt like hell and all but thankfully all I ended up with was a nice red bump...though for a good hour I saw stars.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    you have no idea how much im cringing right now vitorro... jeeeebus
    yea, but think how I felt when it happened , BUT It didnt really hurt till a few hours later,

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

When a supposedly high end Beverly Hills dentist cracked my jaw attempting to put a post in a routine root canal.

ladybug's Avatar Senior Member

well I have two major ones I think are the worst for me.
    One: I was about 17 and some friends and I were comeing back from a halloween party up in the city. The driver fell asleep at the wheel I was in teh back seat of (I think) a honda hatch back. I'm pretty tall 6ft for a girl and at the time I was 130lbs or so. It was a double lane highway with a ravine in teh middle of the two highways and he slammed into one side of the gardrail woke up and cranked the wheel (stupid idea) and actually flipped the car over the ravine and down the embankment on the other side. I broke out the hatch back with my back flew quite aways in the air and landed face down on a rock. Craked my sternum..but I was lucky. The other friend of mine he was in teh front seat he is 6'2 he was actually launched threw the passanger side window ripping is shoulder out of the socket.
    Two: When I was pregnat with my first child I had to have a c-section cause I had really high blood pressure. Well the epderial that they give for the pain and the surgery part it only worked surface deep. When they started cutting my open I felt them ripping my flesh open and I could hear it. I'd take my car accident over that anyday.

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

oh, mine is no where near as bad as the others, worst i can think of is when i had a bike thrown off my head,didnt hurt at the time as i was drunk but i felt it in the morning, had to get stitches and there was a chance id loose half my ear :| i didnt and all is well :P

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

lol- labour. i got a water infection so the braxton hicks contractions hurt like billy-o, so i went to hospital (on the saturday night) and as i hadn't dilated they sent me home with paracetamol... it got increasingly painful and happened every 12-15 minutes constantly, so on monday night my neighbour drove me to the hospital again, where... (drumroll) they told me i still wasn't in labour. i nearly punched the midwife who took the gas and air off me.

eventually they gave me pethedine ( by that time i'd been in pain for 48 hours) and i dropped the sprog midday tuesday. i love epidurals.

other than that, i got hit by a car when i was 16. when i came round on the tarmac i was more cold than in pain. they said that was shock. as was telling my headteacher to fuck off. apparantly.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Waking up from major surgery in pain and unable to breath, thinking that I was going to die. Just the pain and the fear. The first thing I said was, "give me pain medication and oxygen" pretty smart of me, huh?

Then I asked the nurse if I was ever going to be able to breathe again... SLowly I began to breathe.

Oh, and then the next day, the doctor told me that I was going to die.

Oh yeah doc, well NOT DEAD YET!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    \

heh...I had a drunk friend peirce both of my nipples, he used a big flat sewing meedle and some straight bar earrings, and he used a old pair of pliars to hold them in place...it kept going to tight and slipping off and pinching with the needle half way through...
    but the painful part is they both got ripped out, one of them my cat bit onto in the middle of the night and ripped out, and the other one I was making the bed naked and the sheet caught onto it and it ripped out
    oh god my nipples hurt just reading that

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

Unpierced, hot chillis.

Unventilated microwave.

Me, trying to dry them out.

Me, opening microwave to a mix of steam and extracted capsicum.

Me, four hours later, shaking, burning throughout my body.

I'll tell my kids about it <3

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Waking up from major surgery in pain and unable to breath, thinking that I was going to die. Just the pain and the fear. The first thing I said was, "give me pain medication and oxygen" pretty smart of me, huh?

Then I asked the nurse if I was ever going to be able to breathe again... SLowly I began to breathe.

Oh, and then the next day, the doctor told me that I was going to die.

Oh yeah doc, well NOT DEAD YET!!
    So what happened to get you in the hospital?

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

well mine isn't so bad. i had a 10 lb 11 onc baby they had to have two nurses jump up on my belly and help push her shoulder out. that felt alomost as bad as the forcieps pulling my first baby out.
    my apendix almost exploded that was fun. the whole weekend i thought my cramps were just getting really bad. sunday morning i could hardly walk without feeling like my insides wanted out. sucked pritty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by drewblood
    thats just fuckin sweet right there.
    im prety sure im not the only kid thats ever done that, i had actualy jumped of the roof and been succesful many times, its just that that one time instead of jumping from the lower part i decided to go higher to the apex of the roof yay for my briliance as a 5 year old

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

18 years old..got into a near fatal car accident, Halloween night on my way to a party. Long story short..I have new metal parts in me, my leg muscles went into atrophy, my pelvis was broken (crushed) into six pieces, spent six months in the hospital, and had to learn how to walk all over again. Add to that the numerous scars all over my body from being thrown from the car and into the road construction along the side of the road.

Now for the funny bit... I was "rescued" from the roadside by to cute young girls going to the party. One dressed as Uncle Sam and the other was a gigantic pink bunny rabbit. (did i mention the mental anguish) LOL

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

the last 6 months i have had an almost constant migraine that comes and goes, getting a MRI on monday. not extreme pain but annoying pain.

a nasty one is a allergy test where they put a cotton bud right up to the top of your nasal cavity, stings like a bitch, similar to a swab during a std test

omfg rescued by a bunny... thats awesome!!

+ Reply to Thread