+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tell Us About Your Town!!!

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Tell Us About Your Town!!!

So tell us what it is like where you live? What are the pitfalls, pros and cons of living there? What tips can you give us on living there?

I will start:

Well here in Manhattan, New York, New York, there are a few things you must learn:

1. Do not EVER buy lunch on 8th Avenue
    2. Do not EVER get a manicure on 9th Avenue
    3. Sleep is the best thing you can do here, if you ever CAN sleep
    4. Early morning is really the best time to explore Manhattan, because no one is around...
    5. Try not to spend ALL of your money

(Number 5 is the hardest one to learn!!!)

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Tell Us About Your Town!!!

im from Pacoima CA wich is in the san fernando valley

1: lock evry window and door at night, or when you go down to the store tightly and securely

2: Yooul need a good guard dog for security purposes, pitbulls are the most popular

3: If someone asks "where You From" think very careful because the wrong answer may get you mugged, beaten or all of the above

4: Avoid the golden wok chines food place, they once got a C grade by the department of health gross

5: DO NOT SWIM IN THE WATER at hansen dam park people dup their trash in there at night and teenagers have sex there at night

all those bad things aside, i realy love this town its a bit ghetto but not that bad theres worse places in LA to live. Our claim to fame is that this is the home town of Ritchie Valens, oone of the dudes that died with Buddy Holly in the plain crashthey named the reck senter after him and theres a cool statue of him at pacoima middle school

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

i live in Cumming(yes it's really called Cumming)

1: their is NOTHING to do here.NOTHING...

2:the cops are the worse asshoels i've ever seen,anywhere...
    3:did i mention their was NOTHING to do?
    4:It's full of Rich Rednecks
    5:Its a pretty shitty area....

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

I live in Lakewood, WA.

1. The only thing to do here is to go to City Hall (its pretty sweet, they paid like 15 million on it), and the Towne Centre
    2. The PD waqs formed like 9 months ago.
    3. The area I live in is full of military people.
    4. Some people shot some people recently
    5. Very very ghetto.
    6. Rose Red was shot across the way from my house.

http://www.cityoflakewood.us

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    im from Pacoima CA wich is in the san fernando valley

1: lock evry window and door at night, or when you go down to the store tightly and securely

2: Yooul need a good guard dog for security purposes, pitbulls are the most popular

3: If someone asks "where You From" think very careful because the wrong answer may get you mugged, beaten or all of the above

4: Avoid the golden wok chines food place, they once got a C grade by the department of health gross

5: DO NOT SWIM IN THE WATER at hansen dam park people dup their trash in there at night and teenagers have sex there at night

all those bad things aside, i realy love this town its a bit ghetto but not that bad theres worse places in LA to live. Our claim to fame is that this is the home town of Ritchie Valens, oone of the dudes that died with Buddy Holly in the plain crashthey named the reck senter after him and theres a cool statue of him at pacoima middle school
    Don't know much about Pacoima, cept that Tony's Club Service on San Fernando Rd. seem to be at least somewhat honest mechanics...

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I drove around in Pacoima once, when I first moved to the valley, and I wanted to explore the whole valley. I quickly realized Pacoima was not the best area to be cruising through the neighborhoods, unless I wanted to buy some drugs or something...

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

Welcome to New Paltz, NY.

We have a very high homosexual population here and made national headlines when our mayor temporarily allowed gay marriages last year. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in606252.shtml

sadly this hip little college town has been completely over-run by tourists and the expanding university. There are few landmarks left to honor the glory days of this once hippy-mecca.

Probably the best parts of this town are the high number of great pubs, bars, restaurants and shops. Personally, the reason I enjoy living here is that it's less than 10 minutes from the Mohonk Preserve and Minnewaska state park.... both are national treasures in the technical rock climbing community. I have my favorite nooks high up in the ridge lines that where I can chill, smoke a bowl and look out for hundreds of miles..... I'll put up with the traffic for that ;-)

Sawyer_Alexie's Avatar You Spoony Bard!!
    Alaska, only this time land of short people who wear fur and smile a lot.

Fairbanks Alaska. Cold and full of idots who want to be cowboys for some reason.

Togiak, Alaska. Full of people who eat fish.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Western Washington North of Lakewood...
    Seattle -- The Mercury is a must to be a memeber of
    Starbucks is the Devil

Redmond -- Dixie's BBQ has "The MAN"... Hottest shit you ever find

Renton -- Frye's -- Makes Teckno nerds cream their pants

Marysville --- Total CON
    Everett -- The same, except the Denny's on Evergreen way.. where I and Giest42 hang out

That is about all I have to say about this rat hole fricking state that I love to hate

Currently: Atlanta Ga

Pros: Havent found any yet but then again i havent really explored outside but i hear little 5 points is a good place to go

Oh..there are forests like EVERYWHERE! it's like driving in the woods whereever you go.

Cons: If you hate black people this isnt your town. If you ever search through craigslist postings you'll see there is like a huge war between blacks and whites and mexicans. Its crazy

Mutant spiders..these things are twice the size of normal! And crazy fucked up colors. I swear i seen one tackle a bird before.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Mutant spiders..these things are twice the size of normal! And crazy fucked up colors. I swear i seen one tackle a bird before.
    okay... this discourages me from coming to see you for my dreads hun... haha...
    SERIOUSLY arachniphobic here. ew.

vancouver CANADA WOO! it kicks ass here... the only thing i hate really is that it costs $4.50 just to get downtown on the bus and skytrain. TOO FUCKING EXPENSIVE!!
    oh yeah and its rainy and windy all the freaking time in winter. boo.

everything about My town http://branson.com/

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

walsall england...

was once a properous manufacturing town. unfortunately they manufactured saddles, so when the carriages of no-horse-drawn came up the industry died off.

has a nationally recognised art gallery, which about 90% of the town loathes.

the town centre is FILLED with pubs. you can stand on one short street and be within hurtling distance/visual range of seven seperate bars.

it has the fattest people in the uk

it has the second highest teenage and underage pregnancy rates in the uk

some of the 3am fights are spectacular - coppers don't usually end up breaking them up, but joining in.

there is a peculiarly high level of radiation due to the chavettes orange foundation.

ever seen an obese teenage mum smoking a fag, eating a bag of chips, pushing a HUGE pushchair and repeatedly smacking a bawling kid, all the time saying shut up you fucking shit? come to walsall!

there's a very good bus service to other places though. like bloxwich! cannock! brownhills!

i plan to move as soon as i am able.

ladybug's Avatar Senior Member

Damn I didn't know u lived in branson...talk about commercial.
    Fort Scott Kansas
    population 15,000
    1. If your interested in dieing this is teh palce for u. I swear they send out flyers. 8 funeral homes...13 churches.
    2. If your over the age of 50 you'll love it here...hence so many furenal homes.
    3. Are taxes are 5x's higher than any other town with in 100 miles of us have yet to figure that one out.
    4. Absoutly nothing to do....unless u wanna plan a funeral.
    5. Country living's not so bad....but there is no high speed out here stuck on dialup forever.
    6. And just found out that the school where my kindergardner goes too has just installed camera's for "saftey reasons"

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    Currently: Atlanta Ga

Pros: Havent found any yet but then again i havent really explored outside but i hear little 5 points is a good place to go

Oh..there are forests like EVERYWHERE! it's like driving in the woods whereever you go.

Cons: If you hate black people this isnt your town. If you ever search through craigslist postings you'll see there is like a huge war between blacks and whites and mexicans. Its crazy

most of that's because your in Lawerenceville,haha....it's pretty backwoods out their....

although the black-mexi-everybody else thing is all over N.GA...

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer_Alexie
    Fairbanks Alaska. Cold and full of idots who want to be cowboys for some reason.

Togiak, Alaska. Full of people who eat fish.
    oi it burns my eyes

Used to live in Harrison, about 45 minutes from Branson.

Cops blow. Racism is rampant. People are bored, so they do stupid things. Old leader of the KKK lives there.

Only good thing? Beautiful in the fall and winter.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I live in Tucson AZ
    1. the only thing to do here is get drunk and do drugs
    2. I guess because of that the cops figure that arresting people for DUI is more important than trying to solve ***** and murders. ( I think the record is like 200+ DUI arrests in one day.)
    3. the three main groups are rich old people, rich college kids, and military personsel.
    4. everyone else is pretty much white trash and wannabe gangsters. the kids are either preppies that spend lots of money on fashion and fucking everyone around them and doing #1, or else they are punk/emo/goth/hardcore rebels that do the exact same thing.
    5. the only good things about the town is that there is a lot of outdoors stuff to do and a lot of land that the gov. has preserved, which no one really cares about except me.

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

i'm from Brighton Ontario

1. It's a retirement town...people come here to die
    2. There's too many old people and not the nice ones, just the crabby ones
    3. Too many Apples...we actually have a yearly festival for this
    4. We have only one bar, its alright bar, but i have another year b4 i can go in there cuz i cant sneak in since 90% of the ppl in there have known me since i was four
    5. The cops here (for the most part) dont care about much, most of them attend the high school parties
    6. It is not uncommon to see tractors/fourwheelers/grain trucks/dirt bikes/lawn tractors etc going down main street

really i cant think of anything good about this place....got a few more months till i'm off to college and t'hell out of here...YIPPEE!!!!!!!

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

let's see, Biddeford, Maine, also known as "ghetto Biddo" or "the armpit of southern Maine":

1. Do not drive more than 5mph over the speed limit, the cops are everywhere and will pull you over for doing 2 over the litmit if they're bored enough.
    2. Know the difference between Biddeford Pool (where the rich people have beach houses) and regular Biddo (the aforementioned ghetto), unless you want some pissed off rich people after you
    3. The city's main source of income is the University of New England, my alma mater, they alone are the reason our wal-mart turned into a supercenter
    4. If you're too lazy to drive to OOB in the summer or Portland/the Old Port, there are always college parties on Hills Beach Rd and the surrounding area
    5. The apts are pretty cheap (the only good thing about this place)

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    i live in Cumming(yes it's really called Cumming)

1: their is NOTHING to do here.NOTHING...

2:the cops are the worse asshoels i've ever seen,anywhere...
    3:did i mention their was NOTHING to do?
    4:It's full of Rich Rednecks
    5:Its a pretty shitty area....
    haha yeah i went to school near there me and my freinds used to vandalize Movies 400 on weekend field trips but yeah the only good thing about that place is that its kinda close to atlanta which has some cool shit and yeah the entire area north of atlanta is fucking loaded with rich people rednecks or otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by ladybug
    Damn I didn't know u lived in branson...talk about commercial.
    :
    Id much rather be back in St Louis or Roanoke Va, Hell Id even take Bumfuck Egypt over Branson anytime!

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

apache junction arizona:
    1.the major commerce is the walmart which drew away other big business in the area...it is a record holding wal mart as well for being one of the slowest and worst managed ones
    2.the kids out here are ALL wiggers.
    3.the unofficial nickname for apache junction is tweeker town
    4.youre best time to walk out her eis in the morning cus the majority of the walkways ar edirt and gravel and that beachsand crap people put in their yards. but make sure to wear earmuffs or carry a pellet gun as people out here tend to let their big ass barking dogs run free while they sleep or have not trained them to shut the fuck up when someone passes by.
    5.the majority of the population is druggies and old people.
    6.we have no busline and everything is miles apart.
    the next nearest major city is mesa-which is the second largest mormon capital in the united states and is a twnety minute drive/4 hour walk through gravel(if walking)
    7.if you like mountains-we have a splendid view of the superstition mountain and four peaks mountains.ofcourse it gets old after a while.
    8.the adult video store right outside the city marker is a major hangout for homosexual men and undercover cops(I used to work graveyard there-i have seen almost everyone from town in there go back to the arcades-i kid you not)
    9.the majority of the bars and clubs are owned or run by hells angels.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

oh and 10.if you don't like tejano music-that's too bad cus aside from the rap station out her wwhich feels the urge to play mariah carry thirteen times an hour-that's all youre gonna hear...pumped from loud beat up trucks usually followed by a drunken insult in mexican spanish.

+ Reply to Thread