+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Secrets Of A Successful Relationship

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Secrets Of A Successful Relationship

http://msn.match.com/msn/article.asp...44657&menuid=7

You know, my "relationship" if you can call it that, whatever sex boy toy S & M strange fantasy thing actually passes all these tests on this silly survey!!!!

I swear, my boy toys last longer than any marriage! The thing is, if you have a boy toy and you know that it is what it is, and you don't really expect it to be anything else, it can just go on forever. My last boy toy lasted 7 years, longer than he was married.

I guess in a way, that is sort of a relationship, but not the normal kind where they wear khaki pants...

Default Re: Secrets Of A Successful Relationship

Why are you reading that crap if your just getting laid anyway?

I thought this was funny:
    6. Learn the art of making up. Fights are inevitable. But what matters is that both of you know how to drop it once all your frustrations have been vented and then kiss and smooch in between the tears and sloppy "I love you" talk. If necessary, cultivate short-term memory loss.

What about the old fashioned way!

Just kidding!

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

secret of a successful relationship:
    shut the fuck up.
    that's why relationshops fail, because people treat them like they should be something other then what they are, which is two people that like each other. the fact that you are in a relationship with someone shouldn't effect either of your lives in any way that would be different if you werent in one, other then the other persons involvement, and possibly monogomy issues, if that's your thing.

here's a typical day in the life of a relationships for me: get up, go to school, come home, talk to my partner or not, eat some food, watch some tv, go to bed, repeat the process. now notice, that if I didn't talk to that person- which I don't every single second of every day because we both have lives that involve other people and things besides each other- then my day would be exactly the same way as if I wasn't in a relationship. so yeah, a relationship means spending time and talking to someone else. what's so fucking hard about that? if you have to "work" to be in a relationship, then maybe you shouldn't be in one.

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    What about the old fashioned way!

Here I was expecting "pissed off make-up sex". That's pretty much the only reason we argue anymore. Plus, since he's buffing up because he has the delusion of being a wrestler, I can hit him to little or no effect! Yay!

And also, I disagree with or can pick apart pretty much everything in that article, but I'm going to spare you guys a boatload of text.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Trust, honesty and communication. instead of getting all huffy and getting pissy for weeks on end and letting things boil over, just talk about it like adults. If one or more of the people involved can't handle a little constructive critisizm, lies, hiding and cheating isn't love, it's pure selfishness. A relationship is a joint effort. A team game. A couple thing. Not this "two individuals" thing.
    K

I think it has to be both. people need to be themselves, and you can't let someone else be your identity, or you'll start resenting them real fast. that's why people get tired of marriage, because it's not the thought of spending thier whole life with someone else that's scary, it's the thought of never being able to ever do anything else. sure as a couple you have to work things out as mutual partners, but that doesn't mean that you have to be the same person. it's like a parent and kids, sure they'll always be that role, but that's not the only person that they ever should be, and you should not want that. it's the same with a partner or spouse.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Yes a happy medium is best I suppose. Rob and I are getting really good at the whole thing after the last five years. Thoug what works here might not fly over there, you know what I mean?
    K

yeah, all things in moderation is probably a good attitude towards almost everything in life. I definatly agree that whats right for one, might not be right for some. but I do think that there are a few general qualities that every relationship should be demonstrating.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Secrets Of A Successful Relationship:

Random_Idiot's Avatar Member

silence
    neither me or my gf can understand each other 90% of the time,
    and its the best relationship ive ever had !
    who says communications important ...

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    Secrets Of A Successful Relationship:

Very cute!! And a red Porsche!!!

+ Reply to Thread