+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Homeless

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

Default The Homeless

Ever had an interesting encounter with a hobo/tramp/outdoorsmen/homeless individual? I was in the DC metro going down a packed escalator when this hobo leans over the upper floor and starts laughing maniacally at everyone on the escalator. We were all looking at this man and i started laughing with him because the whole scene was so odd. That was the end of the encounter. Thats my story, whats yours.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default Re: The Homeless

yeh. I had lots of encounters when i lived in memphis with homeless people......one time iw as wlaking down beale street with an old aquaintance of mine and this homeless guy started tlaking and walking with us and then out of nowhere whipped his cock out and started pissing all over the side of the building we were walking by without breaking stride. and we used to have a groupof local homeless that came around every night at the circle k i worked at. they were nice. they never stole anything or panhandled anyone outside, they basically came in and chatted a bit with us and then went about on their business. usually they kept the homeless that do panhandle and steal at bay and away form the store. that was until corporate came in and shifted all the crew out(fired the lot of us form management down)

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

There was this one guy over by the parking lot where I used to work.
    We called him "army guy", because he would always be wearing this
    army surplus green jacket. He was youngish, probably in his 30's
    or early 40's. He would always stand in the exact same place.
    It seemed like he would stay there all day long. And he would
    never say anything, never panhandle, etc... He would just stand
    there. He looked normal, other than being dirty. No big beard,
    or long hair. His odd behavior was that every time a person
    would walk past him, he would spit on the sidewalk in front
    of him. He would do this all day long. So eventually the
    sidewalk in front of him was spit-stained. He would not
    spit when we would walk past, because he knew that
    we knew he did it. I bet he waited until we got around
    the corner, and then spit. Haha!

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

The majority of homeless people in the US are insaine. A lot of paranoid schizophrenic's will refuse help, and medication out of paranoia, and end up on the street. Its sad.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

there's pretty much only a few types of homeless people. people who are insane, people that are drug addicts, people that are runaways from abuse (which may also include the later), people that are "temporary"homeless because they couldn't make thier rent payment, and people that choose to be that way.

I don't know what the point is, I guess it's that no one needs to be homeless. there are so many abandoned buildings that they'd rather let sit and rot boarded up then let people live for free, and all of these conditions are preventable. I am getting evicted at the end of the month, so maybe i'll have some amusing stories of my own to tell.

hey, I refuse help, and medication out of paranioa!

...those fookin' doktors don't know nuthin' 'bout my brain!!

...or the actual structure of so-called reality...

(go check out The Matrix III at www.trufax.org )

...now if you'll excuse me, I must go adjust my tinfoil headgear...

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

I've had some great encounters with homeless people.

Usually at around 3AM when I go out and set them on fire while they sleep.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf

so that was you? well just so you know, once I got out of the burn unit I got a job, got a woman and bought a house, things are going great now

keep up the good work

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

A lot of people I knew as friends and aquaintances, I just found out, are now homeless. It's really awkward. I drifted away from them a bunch of years ago, but still.

kind of like that scene in SLC punk?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    kind of like that scene in SLC punk?

That was such a heart stoppingly real moment for me. I've definitely had my own epiphanies that sometimes interesting people are not crazy-oppressed-by-society-crazy but crazy-crazy. Very sobering.

Why are you being evicted?

naw im refering to the scene where the guy does too much acid and he winds up a bum because he goes to a job application to sell womens clothing and they ask him if he has any experience in womens clothing, and he says "what are you trying to say? you think i'm a fuckin transvestite?"

kind of the same reason for me, I got fired from my job and my lease is up.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    naw im refering to the scene where the guy does too much acid and he winds up a bum because he goes to a job application to sell womens clothing and they ask him if he has any experience in womens clothing, and he says "what are you trying to say? you think i'm a fuckin transvestite?"

kind of the same reason for me, I got fired from my job and my lease is up.
    Which is in flashback when the main character runs into him. I knew which scene you meant. I used to think that, if someone I knew was having employment issues, it was for the same sorts of reasons I did or a lot of the people I knew did i.e. insistance on a weird haircut, not watching the same TV shows as coworkers, not really comprehending certain social norms, being more talented or a faster learner than an insecure boss, without a certain family network, that sort of thing. But some people are just scary crazy. A guy who gets irate to the verge of violence when asked, in a job interview, whether he has experience and thinks the question is too personal, well, that guy probably really is unemployable. That isn't society squelching someone for being different; that is a guy who can't do the job. You seem like you'd be good at a lot of jobs.

I've done the couch tour and I've put up with some kinda awful stuff to keep a roof over my head times I didn't have a lease. Can you get another lease or do you need to find a friend who can get one? I either sold or stored all my stuff and moved to California because I was days from being homeless in Georgia and I did not want to live in a rusted out decrepit Camaro.

I never really took that movie too seriously. that's something to think about. I'm probibly going to try and get another job and just go with it and see how things work out, I kinda owe it to myself to see if I can hack it on my own, like if there really is an alternative to rental agreements.. maybe that sounds nuts, but I dunno.

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

Ever had an interesting encounter with a hobo/tramp/outdoorsmen/homeless individual?

lots, i used to work in a liquor store. we had names for all the local winos. yo-yo (always had a yoyo) , lumpy (big lump on forehead) and the uber wino hairnet (his hair was deaded into the shape of his hairnet)

i remember once i was walking with my girlfriend and a local wino mumbled something incoherant at me so i replied with a sort of demented quacking noise. he had a startled look on his face but im not sure if it was the quack noise or the fact that someone actually replied to him that freaked him out.
    if a wino says hello i always say hello back, i like the old guys who greet everyone as they walk past.

Quote Originally Posted by grebo
    Ever had an interesting encounter with a hobo/tramp/outdoorsmen/homeless individual?

lots, i used to work in a liquor store. we had names for all the local winos. yo-yo (always had a yoyo) , lumpy (big lump on forehead) and the uber wino hairnet (his hair was deaded into the shape of his hairnet)

i remember once i was walking with my girlfriend and a local wino mumbled something incoherant at me so i replied with a sort of demented quacking noise. he had a startled look on his face but im not sure if it was the quack noise or the fact that someone actually replied to him that freaked him out.
    if a wino says hello i always say hello back, i like the old guys who greet everyone as they walk past.
    Is spitting the same as saying "hello"?

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by kellie
    The majority of homeless people in the US are insaine. A lot of paranoid schizophrenic's will refuse help, and medication out of paranoia, and end up on the street. Its sad.
    my sister is schizophrenic, and even wehn she tried to kill her self the psych ward only kept her for two days, they didnt even try to readjust her meds, now she is missing): two weeks

scabre's Avatar Senior Member
    oh.. im from leeds, (up north in the uk to be precise!)

i just see a lot of big issue sellers and manky old men with dogs, who growl

oh.. and the guy in the 150 pound trainers.. pretending

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    That was such a heart stoppingly real moment for me. I've definitely had my own epiphanies that sometimes interesting people are not crazy-oppressed-by-society-crazy but crazy-crazy. Very sobering.

Why are you being evicted?
    i read "like slc punk" and i instantly looked down to the next post to see if amelia responded... and of course she did... i think she has the whole net on continuous search for anyone mentioning slc punk

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf

haha. and while you're trying to find a place to park your hummer, i'm "in ur base, killin ur doodz."

I was gonna ask what you were talking about but then I realized I didn't care.

I was actually homeless earlier this year, but through no fault of my own. There were four arson attacks on the building where I was renting rooms, the fourth being a petrol bomb thrown into a first floor window. That was in July, so I bought a tent and stayed there until quite recently when I was offered the place to live where I am now.

I was always careful not to look homeless though. There's really no need to be scruffy or to smell; how hard is it to stay clean, for heaven's sake?

Quote Originally Posted by sheramil
    haha. and while you're trying to find a place to park your hummer, i'm "in ur base, killin ur doodz."

one of my favorite homeless moments was when i was squatting (homeless) in hollywood and i found a dead bird and tied it to a string then id skateboard down the walk of stars trailing my "pet" it would smack into people and wrap around their legs. it was fuckin hilararious.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

hahaaa ewwww... i cant decide whether thats more funny or more nasty... heh i might have to go with funny though.

Oil~Boy 26's Avatar rebuilding in pain

a cuppl o classmates and i got intoo a fight with a homless person he tried to get money from a very short and petite friend of mine as she was leaving Mcdongs in front of us togo back to school we found the pair out side her in the corner and him in front of her screaming at her so we being young and brave\stupid faught him punching and kicking for about a downtown block he eventualy went intoo a plate glass store window and we left to goto school never to heare from him again i think he may have been a drug addict not sure but it did scare the shite out of us

OB~26

Quote Originally Posted by Oil~Boy 26
    a cuppl o classmates and i got intoo a fight with a homless person he tried to get money from a very short and petite friend of mine as she was leaving Mcdongs in front of us togo back to school we found the pair out side her in the corner and him in front of her screaming at her so we being young and brave\stupid faught him punching and kicking for about a downtown block he eventualy went intoo a plate glass store window and we left to goto school never to heare from him again i think he may have been a drug addict not sure but it did scare the shite out of us

OB~26
    What a cunt.

I hate bums with a sense of entitlement, badgering me when I'm on the phone or interupting me whilst I'm eating. Totally fucking rude.

+ Reply to Thread