+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Women

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Women

OK I have been working on my film and so far, I hate to say it, but the MEANEST people in the film biz are WOMEN!!!

Nasty nasty mean.... Ah!!! The men are so much nicer!!!! I just had some snotty female attorney from LA (the meanest women are from LA and England), just grill me on who I was and what right had I to exist, blah blah!!!

And she represents this tiny tiny little director that no one has even HEARD of! I have academy award winning directors reading my script and their agents (MEN) are so much nicer!!

Why do women have to be so b*#$&y! It doesn't matter what I say to these women they just hate the world. I hate to insult my own sex, but what can I do, these women are just AH!!!!

So far the MEANEST woman was Ridley's Scott's personal assistant. I mean, you can imagine. Life is just too short. I tried, I tried, that woman was just on the war path...

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default Re: Women

I totally understand that! Women seen to be the worst about being like that, that's why I could never be a lesbian....

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Women are only liek that to other women in the biz I've noticed. I think they just get frigid when they relise that their main weapons, tits and ass, aren't going to work on you, so they try to come off as being a cold professional buisness woman and miss by a mile.
    *shakes head* It's a damn shame too, you'd think they'd know the saying "You catch more flies with honey..."

Don't let this experience ruin it for you, hon, not all women are atrocious. *kisses*
    K

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

women agreeing about women being mean.....i'm shocked.

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

it's so true though, women can be so conniving and catty... that's why most of my friends in high school were guys and, like pull my hair said, i could never be a lesbian.
    i think a lot of these women think that they have something to prove, and being bitchy is the way they go about doing it.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

and I dont like the way women hold grudges, you can break their barbie in kindergarten and they will hate you til the day you die. A guy can sleep with another guys girlfriend and they beat the shit out of eachother and let it go...

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

yeah women are totally the worst... i heard somewhere that in school, girls will torment the shit out of other girls (and guys too) until these tormented kids will just transfer schools or quit or kill themselves even... guys will just duke it out... honestly id rather get in a physical fight... sad really.

Aw! You are all so nice!!! I swear, once in a while I just get these calls and no matter what you say to these people, it's like it's just their job to say "NO", and put you down.

It's weird too, this particular director said that he really liked the script, so then he has this nasty attorney call and totally insult me.

Why would anyone PAY someone to call up and insult people?

I had a really good feeling about this director and now I don't want to work with him because his bitchy attorney is just too damn bitchy. And he must pay her... I would never want someone like that representing me... I am sorry, I just don't think calling up people and giving them attitude is going to help anyone succeed...

But I won't say anything to him, because maybe he does not realize what a total bitch his attorney is... But I swear, I would NEVER want to hire someone to represent me like that.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

People will pay some one else to be insulting so that they aren't associated with the negativity.

Personally I'm rather partial to "The Guy's Way" of handling fights. Beat the crap out of each other and then go get a beer. *sigh*

Relationships with these manipulative, ice queens is ... well difficult. I dated a girl for a few months only to find out that she was engaged to be married to a guy she had denied knowing. When I confronted her she gave me the longest "you're unworthy" speech I've ever heard. *sigh* I'm fairly cirtain I would hold less of a grudge and be a lot less bitter if I had just punched her. But then there's all these rules about hitting women, etc etc.

But then there's girls out there that really are nice. Like Kellie and Scar and Miss Amelia, all wonderful lovely ladies.

K

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I totally agree with Keiko's comment about paying someone to do their dirty work.

That's why many celebs have bodyguards, personal assistants, agents, etc...

It's the actor or director's job to be friendly and charming.
    It's their agent/lawyer/etc, who's job it is to be an asshole,
    and turn down jobs, get the best pay, demand a big trailer, signing bonus, etc, etc...
    The actor or director just says they want to work with you, and how much they love
    the project. While their agent does the dirty work. That way the actor or director
    keep themselves on your good side, and are still seen as a nice, talented person...

They'll have their bodyguard kick you in the nuts, while they smile for the cameras.
    It's all about maintaining good PR. They don't want a recording of them being an
    asshole on the phone released to the press, any more than they want video of
    them beating up a paparazzo. It makes them look bad. So they pay other people
    to do it...

But the biggest stars I have been dealing with have the NICEST agents!!! It's the smaller ones that have these really rude people. I guess that's all they can afford to get!!

I really don't think talking to someone like me is dirty work... I am not a big threat to anyone. I just wrote a script. It's not a crime. At least I don't think so.

I think it is unnecessary to be that rude to someone on my level, I mean, come on, what am I going to do to this director? I think he could definitely get a better representation than some old bitch lawyer. I mean she sounded about 65....

I swear, I am SO glad I am not paying some idiot to yell at people. Even in my stupid band we used to get these sort of wanna be loser managers that used to yell at people for taking photos, just so stupid. People really don't need to do that.

this is so off topic but.......what is your movie about?

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    this is so off topic but.......what is your movie about?
    OK here is my show biz tag line pitch!!:

"Black Eternal" is a gothic fantasy about an English Prince/Nightclub Owner/Vampire who scans the centuries and revisits his eternal companion, only to discover that he is afraid of his own heart.

oic.
    sounds like it would make a good read.

It's a great script, I tell you. I just re-wrote it with sexier dialogue and all the directors love it now. I have written TONS of scripts, and never gotten any response, not like this. This is once in lifetime, so I am just trying to run with it.

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

tell that b*@%h Scar will come hunt her DOWN and beat her ass. BE NICE TO JEN!

Some of those older agents, etc, have an old-school attitude about the industry, and they despise giving anyone young and inexperienced the time of day. Sometimes it's like a test, to see if you are serious or not. Sometimes they want you to act offended. Because if you are legit, you would be. You should be like this:

"Bitch! You are lucky I am letting you and your director have a shot at doing this film! I have plenty of other people who are interested, and if you can't treat me with respect, you can guarantee you will not get the project!"

They will either respect you for standing up for yourself, or you get to tell them off. Either way, you win. I think it's lame when people expect you to take abuse, and kiss ass, to get ahead in Hollywood. Fuck those assholes. There are a lot of people out here who like people to grovel, to make themselves feel important. But there are an equal amount of people in Hollywood who hate that bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    Some of those older agents, etc, have an old-school attitude about the industry, and they despise giving anyone young and inexperienced the time of day. Sometimes it's like a test, to see if you are serious or not. Sometimes they want you to act offended. Because if you are legit, you would be. You should be like this:

"Bitch! You are lucky I am letting you and your director have a shot at doing this film! I have plenty of other people who are interested, and if you can't treat me with respect, you can guarantee you will not get the project!"

They will either respect you for standing up for yourself, or you get to tell them off. Either way, you win. I think it's lame when people expect you to take abuse, and kiss ass, to get ahead in Hollywood. Fuck those assholes. There are a lot of people out here who like people to grovel, to make themselves feel important. But there are an equal amount of people in Hollywood who hate that bullshit.
    OK You're hired!!! For payment, you get a vintage red Porsche, plenty of red duct tape and you can even play "YOURSELF", DEATHKNIGHT in the whole outfit, etc, in the nightclub scenes!!, plus salary..

Whaddya say!!? Such a deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Scar
    tell that b*@%h Scar will come hunt her DOWN and beat her ass. BE NICE TO JEN!
    I love you! But we have to FILM this and put it in the film somehow. You have to beat her ass in the nightclub!! I am totally serious, you should have a fight in the nightclub, it would be brilliant!!!

gothic rose's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    yeah women are totally the worst... i heard somewhere that in school, girls will torment the shit out of other girls (and guys too) until these tormented kids will just transfer schools or quit or kill themselves even... guys will just duke it out... honestly id rather get in a physical fight... sad really.
    the worst part about this is they act like your best friend to your face, they would do anything for you, and then talk about you behinde your back. It causes psyhcological damage whitch might never heal. At least with the ways boys go about it they say it to eachothers face, don't lie about it, beat the shit out of each other, then it heals and their friends again. Somtimes girls should just take hints from boys. If i get pissed i teller why call her a bitch and rip her hair out, but the friend afterwards part never seems to happen.

Your script sounds awsome!!!! Now i will be anticipating its filming and release!! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by gothic rose
    At least with the ways boys go about it they say it to eachothers face, don't lie about it, beat the shit out of each other, then it heals and their friends again.
    are you sure about this?

this generally only works if the other guy is question thinks he can some how beat your ass.

if he's afraid you'll dismember him, he'll resort to the same bitchy backstabby bullshit girls supposedly have a monopoly on.

some of the bullshit I've witnessed has been amazing.

besides gossip is more more effective at causing REAL lasting damage.

as a sadist I find that facsinating. (even if I'd prefer breaking somebody's arm, or hip socket.)

the worst part about this is they act like your best friend to your face, they would do anything for you, and then talk about you behinde your back. It causes psyhcological damage whitch might never heal.
    soooo true man so fucking true... its pathetic. seriously i fuckin hate girls sometimes... especially in school haha... school is the worst. i once got in a fight with some girls that totally manipulated me into burning their friends... which i never did... they thought i called their friend a bitch or something when all i said was "no shes not my friend not really" like wtf... eat my ass... some people im not friends with, fucking get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    soooo true man so fucking true... its pathetic. seriously i fuckin hate girls sometimes... especially in school haha... school is the worst. i once got in a fight with some girls that totally manipulated me into burning their friends... which i never did... they thought i called their friend a bitch or something when all i said was "no shes not my friend not really" like wtf... eat my ass... some people im not friends with, fucking get over it.
    Girls in school are the WORST!! I remember the girls always used to want to beat me up because I was so pale!! They used to call me "WHITEY" and "WHITE LEGS" because my skin was so white!!! One girl slapped me in line for the bus when I was 5...

My ten year old friend has all kinds of problems with mean girls at school!

well, i tell you what......I may not be able to help but if boogirl ever gets published and someone wants t make it a movie, you'll be the first person i'll ask to write it.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Girls in school are the WORST!! I remember the girls always used to want to beat me up because I was so pale!! They used to call me "WHITEY" and "WHITE LEGS" because my skin was so white!!! One girl slapped me in line for the bus when I was 5...

girls at school will find ANY ANY ANY reason at all to fuck with you. seriously, this fuckin girl in elementary school tried to make my best friend (a guy) kiss me. god damn i hated that girl... her name was carmella and i wanted to hurt her so very bad but that would be sinking down to her level... fuck that...

But the biggest stars I have been dealing with have the NICEST agents!!! It's the smaller ones that have these really rude people. I guess that's all they can afford to get!!
    I think you've arrived at the crux of the issue and answered your own question here, Jen. It's like the proverbial self-fulfilling prophecy...people with rude and downright spiteful agents/assistants piss people off, so the work goes elsewhere, to the clients of more civil and polite agents.

Just remember to make a note of all the names so you can shit on them when you're on top!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic Vampire
    I think you've arrived at the crux of the issue and answered your own question here, Jen. It's like the proverbial self-fulfilling prophecy...people with rude and downright spiteful agents/assistants piss people off, so the work goes elsewhere, to the clients of more civil and polite agents.

Just remember to make a note of all the names so you can shit on them when you're on top!

I totally agree... I swear, I think until you can afford or are at the point where you can find some decent representation, you are better off representing yourself... Why hire someone to be rude? What good is that going to do anyone?

And these lawyers charge a FORTUNE!!!

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Wow, women are bitchy??? Aleart the friggin' media because this is news the world needs to hear!!!

Christ, talk about "duh", this is the reason that I don't date anymore. The only girls I know who aren't bitches are already my friends.

Hah!! I know I know! Well all MEN today, no bitchy women!

Well today this totally famous rockstar's agent called!!! FINALLY! I wrote this cool part for him and I want him to play himself and another role...

I have been pushing forward a bit because the directors LIKE my script now (before it was too girly I think, I made it a bit more macho and sexy)...

I am getting the feeling that a director is going to want to sign something to be attached to this, so I am scrambling last minute to try to get the academy award winning director, or some star director before I have to commit to someone.

But if the director is just wrong for it and wants to do a low budget straight to DVD cheapo thing, I don't know if I want to do that. I have done cheapo stuff my whole life. THis is my shot at really doing an A list film. I think I will keep trying to get it made the right way...

What do you think?

Well, if someone else wants to put up the money, and make the movie,
    you might want to let them...

Think of it as a first step.

If you can get someone better, that's great.
    But if someone wants to make your film, that's a step forward from just having
    a movie on paper. It all depends if you think you can write more movies,
    and do more projects. But if this is your one big masterpiece, then wait
    to find someone good to do it.

Well, right now it's all talk... It's just changed because now they like the script!!! So I guess see who really comes up with something... But at least they are talking about doing the film, which is good...And they like the script.

I was a bit worried there for a while because everyone was interested but no one liked the script. I knew it was too girly. I think I fixed it...

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Well, right now it's all talk... It's just changed because now they like the script!!! So I guess see who really comes up with something... But at least they are talking about doing the film, which is good...And they like the script.

I was a bit worried there for a while because everyone was interested but no one liked the script. I knew it was too girly. I think I fixed it...
    Everyone told you they were interested but nobody actually liked it..... hate to break this to ya, but we call that "glad handing" and it's a tool to keep people from breaking down and freaking out in our offices...

Yeah... No one wants to burn bridges.

So everyone tends to say they love it, and wait to see if you come up
    with the $ to pay them to do it...

That's why I'm surprised that one director's assistant chick was so bitchy.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

You know if women weren't so bitchy they'd probably be president's and prime ministers and such

Well I have a theory that the really big agents don't read it at all and neither do the stars. They just ask for it because it sounds like a cool project and they know that the stars don't want to miss out on the hot new roles..

But they don't give it to the actors/actresses until it's a real film... I mean, I would do the same thing, it makes sense.

So the trick is, HOW to get the actor/actress to read the script, and then how do you get them to do it!!!

That's the tricky thing... SO you have to get creative. If you don't have an agent or a manager or a lawyer, you have to get REALLY creative... It's a good thing I am creative...

So I don't really think very many people have even read it. I think it just goes into a big PILE of scripts somewhere in agent land....

The two directors that like it are REALLY SMALL directors... But the small people tend to flake out, so I don't really believe a lot of what they say, especially since one of them does not seem to even have an ADDRESS!!! Very shady... So until one of them really comes up with something I will try to get the ACADEMY AWARD WINNING DIRECTOR, (his agent has it, they asked for the script)...

I am not kidding, he won for BEST PICTURE!!! He would be the best. I will just keep working on him. He has not passed....

The little people are passing on this project, it's the big people that are interested. I don't think this film is meant to be a cheapo straight to DVD film...

OH, and another thing, star actually FIRE their agents if they find out that they did not tell them about a cool role in a cool film, so that is another reason why agents can't always be mean and refuse a script, etc... The cool scripts are not written by the rich boring Hollywood nerds...

No matter how rich you are or how much of a bigshot your lawyer is, there is no substitute for a cool idea and a good script...

Yhea i understand i'm still in high school and with all the drama i'm just waiting for some one to jump out with a camra and scream suprise your on reality TV. It all seems so set up, over played and acted out very badly! It all seems to fake to be real, and sometimes i worry it isn't real.

Quote Originally Posted by gothic rose
    Yhea i understand i'm still in high school and with all the drama i'm just waiting for some one to jump out with a camra and scream suprise your on reality TV. It all seems so set up, over played and acted out very badly! It all seems to fake to be real, and sometimes i worry it isn't real.
    your young. its how it goes. i felt the same way when i was in high school. but i had attitude and actually made FUN of myself instead of letting people make fun of me! you make more friends that way when you have a sense of humor

Plus it gets better when you get out of school...

Only a couple more years...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    Plus it gets better when you get out of school...

Only a couple more years...
    yhea either a year and a few months or a few months it depends

+ Reply to Thread