+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: My mannequin work (several photos)

Baby_Switchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

Default My mannequin work (several photos)

Hey everybody, I didn't really know where else to put this, but I bought a mannequin about 5 months ago and since then she's had a lot of makeovers. Just thought I'd share some pics of her, hope you like them!!

I bought her bald, with severe brown 80's inspired makeup, no eyelashes, bad eyebrows, and she was kind of a dirty grey colour.
    She also has no hands (if she did she'd have cost me $200 more than what I paid).

After her first big makeover, she looked like this:

Then I gave her some different eyebrows...

And now she looks like this:

What do you all think?

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: My mannequin work (several photos)

hey, that's pretty cool.... i want my own mannequin! hehe

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

Thats cool...a little creapy at first but, great work. There's quite a nice progression from the first pic to the last...nice work. Was the makeover your origional plan for the mannequin, or did you get it for some other project and endup making it over?

The makeover idea was the main reason I bought the mannequin. I originally thought "How cool would it be to turn an innocent looking children's doll into something dark and gothic?" And, just like I said in that Barbie-mutilation thread, I did a lot of piercings, tattoos, hair colourings and mohawks to my Barbie dolls.
    But then I wanted to work on something much bigger, which is when I got the idea of a mannequin, so I looked around and found this disposals shop nearby which has everything from army disposals to false teeth... oh, and mannequins.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

its kinda creepy that she has no hands..i have a fear of stubs.....
    but its very cool

neat..your wall looks like a ipod commerical

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

that's pretty hot.

is she anatomically correct in all areas?

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    neat..your wall looks like a ipod commerical
    Thanks...
    Oh yeah, that's an artwork I did for my major in visual arts in 12th grade. I actually did three artworks, all themed rock and roll, and this one featured the Strokes.
    I got record covers and painted them, then I did silhouettes of the band members on them. Then I put new labels on records so they were names of songs by the Strokes, and put them in, and drew a pic of each band member and put it in a cut-out area of the record cover.

I had heaps of fun doing that artwork.
    Here's a pic of it, sorry it's not any smaller...

Quote Originally Posted by drewblood
    that's pretty hot.

is she anatomically correct in all areas?
    Not really, she's actually a little bit like a Barbie doll in that her neck's pretty long, her boobs are awfully perky, and her waist is quite small, even though she's 'leaning forward', so she should technically probably have a slight roll there or something haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    its kinda creepy that she has no hands..i have a fear of stubs.....
    but its very cool
    lol fair enough. Her hands got smashed ages ago when the shop disposed of her, and they couldn't get any replacements. I think eventually I'll probably get some plaster gauze and model it over my own hands, then somehow attach them to her wrists.

Those look good.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

How cool! She looks great! Did you paint the eyebrows on with makeup or real paint? Really well done!

She comes to life at night you know, when you are asleep... Soon she will take over your life and your body and your apartment...

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    How cool! She looks great! Did you paint the eyebrows on with makeup or real paint? Really well done!

She comes to life at night you know, when you are asleep... Soon she will take over your life and your body and your apartment...
    Hahahaha yeah she's kinda freaky to anybody who walks into my room. After six months, my boyfriend STILL jumps pretty much every time he walks into my room and sees her. My cousins literally screamed, then clicked their fingers in front of her face to see if she'd blink!!

All of the eyebrows, makeup, skin colour, lip colour, it's all done with acrylic folk art paint! Needless to say I've gone through quite a bit of paint!!

Thanks, Mistress Jennifer! ^__^

By the way, I reckon she'd be pretty cool to hang out with if she was a real person... but before she comes to life I might want to work on making some hands for the poor thing!

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I had no idea a manequin could look so good

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Wow, so you painted the skin over and the lips, everything. That's a lot of work!! Really good job...

OK, she is actually my sister. We escaped from Saks Fifth Avenue one night... We didn't like our outfits...

I don't think she is scary... She is not any scarier than your average goth club goer... Actually there are much scarier people in New York...

You could fake the hands by stuffing gloves and glueing them to the arms!!! Just an idea! You could stuff them with something stiff or get leather gloves... Something...

Anyway, Merry Christmas I will be away from the computer after today! Merry Mannequin Christmas!

Thanks, Mistress Jennifer! You have a great Christmas too! xx

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    I had no idea a manequin could look so good
    Thanks! But it takes a lot of work!! Every time I get bored she ends up getting painted again. The only problem is, if I want to change her eyebrows, I generally have to paint the skin colour all over her head again, cos I can never match the same colour, and I don't want grey/pink blotches on her face where I've re-painted her!

ZombieBabyDoll's Avatar Junior Member

That is a Baddass Project!

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieBabyDoll
    That is a Baddass Project!
    Thanks!!

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

You could fake the hands by stuffing gloves and glueing them to the arms!!! Just an idea! You could stuff them with something stiff or get leather gloves... Something...

yea i was thinking why not fill up a rubber glove with plaster then carve it after it hardens with an emory board and a steak knife to attach it use a wood dowel and a hole drilled in the arm and hand stub

the plaster is kind of soft and weak i cant think of anything to coat it to harden the outside so a finger doesnt break off(epoxy resin is messy and stinky)

hey, thanks for the idea! Yeah, I'm not really sure... Even if I just used the plaster gauze and modelled it around my own hands, I'd probably wrap some of the gauze around her wrists and coat it with some sealer which I use to seal my paintings. Then I was going to get some old stockings and cut finger holes, put them over her arms like sleeves, and put a t-shirt on her or something.

All in good time, my friend.

Haha Marcus, I hadn't really thought about it!!! But if it IS considered cheating, probably a good thing my boyfriend is freaked out by my mannequin, so there's not much chance of him wanting the sexual endeavours with it!!!

And your demon man sounds awesome! Make sure you post pics when you finish it!!

all this sex with mannequins had me thinkin

how about you go buy a couple fister-dildos and attach them

i havent checked lately if they come in left and right hands

also i think its a cool idea to have a mannequin with all your markings scars,moles,everything that way you can see if anything goes malignant

the demon man sounds cool but it will probably give you a heart atack at night even if you made it

heck if i hang my jacket in a different place and see it in the dark it scares the bejebus out of me

You'd be very surprised... Every single person who walks into my room has to look twice, they generally jump a little... But I'm used to having the mannequin there, even though the silhouette looks like another person sitting near my bed it doesn't freak me out because I am used to it being there.

I think the fist dildos might be a bit big for her teeny arms, even if they do come in left and right. :P But thanks for the idea! Lol.

Predak's Avatar Junior Member

looking at the pictures, and all the apbove threads kind of remind me of the film May. The mannequin looks grea\t. Does she have a name?

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

wow thats some cool stuff the first one kinda creeped me out a bit tho

Haha yeah, she's a little creepy to most people, just not to me cos I'm used to her.

And to answer your question, Predak, her name is Bella Donna.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

its actualy prety rad stuff, and a cool medium id totaly have one in my livingroom

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    its actualy prety rad stuff, and a cool medium id totaly have one in my livingroom
    Thanks!! Well, if I ever move to a place which is too small for an extra chick sitting on the floor all day, and you feel like buying it, you can have it!! lol actually no offense but if I sell her it's probably best if you live in the same area as me... and I don't think any of ya do! :P

Phoenix Blue's Avatar Senior Member

That's wicked Baby, I love it. Very imaginative and ecological (save the mannequins!) I like the new eyebrows.

cool... can we see more pics? would it be totally perverse of me to request something a bit more provocative or erotic?

Phoenix Blue's Avatar Senior Member

would it be totally perverse of me to request something a bit more provocative or erotic?
    Totally perverse drewblood - how about it Baby?

For replacement hands you could:
    1) Make latex molds of your own hands. (There's stuff you mix, dip your hands in, let dry and then peel off like a glove.)
    2) Use the latex molds to make wax casts (pour melted parafin in and cool)
    3) Make fiberglass molding over the wax cast. Fiberglass is more durable than plaster and when dry you just melt the wax out so they are light weight. You can use fiberglass matt and epoxy to attach your new hands to the mannequins arms. With a little sanding you can match the texture of the rest of the mannequin. (If you've never fiberglassed you'll find tutorials on car sites where people like to trick out or mod vehicles.)

I used to have a dressmakers form that I kept my Ren outfit on. Even that, with no head, would freak people out in the dark.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!! I'm flat broke right now, so I'm waiting for a windfall before I try anything with the hands.

And Drewblood, regarding your question, it might be a bit difficult to even get her tits out, considering I only painted the new skin colour on past her shoulders!! The rest of her body from her shoulders down is still that grey colour she was when I got her.
    And I can't really change her position - the sitting position is fixed, and her legs are permanently bent the way they are.
    The only things that move are her arms (from the shoulders, not the elbows), but they only move up and down, so... sorry, but it might be a bit difficult to get the mannequin itself into a provocative type pose.

Unless you were thinking more along the lines of a person 'helping' with the pose... even so, I dunno if I'm game!!

oh well... it was a good idea anyways

saw some hands on ebay

just search for

Mannequin hand

there are about 8 on right now all women left and right for about $21 each delivered

i couldn't message you so i hope you get this post

Darknessismylight2877's Avatar Member

Looks great....You should think of making her a Mannequin friend

Eva:Gina's Avatar Senior Member

she scares me
    shes cool
    but she scares me

Shivvenfist's Avatar Senior Member

I dig this, but the face of the mannequin is the epitome of creepy. Reminds me of a creepy horror short that used to come on late night tv. some guy was fooling around with mannequins in the attic of a department store, and they all came alive and killed him, and the next day, the store owner found his head, turned into one of them, and he looked exactly like that!

creepy as all fuck...

You do indeed have a great talent. Does anybody remember the REAL DOLLS featured on HBO. They were sex toys at 3000 dollars a pop, forgive the pun. And looked nothing like thiose vinyl blow up dolls. They had an aluminum and a synthetic skin developed by NASA for burn victims. You could custom order and pick bust size, height, skin toe or race, hair anmd eye color..ect.
    My question is:If you rich enough to blow 3000 dollars couldnt you at least get an escore girl if your too ugly to date?

The first one with the really arched eyebrows really scares me. Which I find really cool. It's one of those things I would stare at for a period of time because I'd wait for it to strangle me or something.

+ Reply to Thread