+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So who has an Underworld boner?

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

Default So who has an Underworld boner?

I do! I do!

Hi there.

Even vampires need to shower sometime. Of course you can use my bath, Selene.

This chick's name is Amelia. And she wears armor. I know someone here who likes armor!

This is Erika. She's not as hot as Selene, but that's a pretty awesome dress.

Scott Speedman is fucked.

Default Re: So who has an Underworld boner?

blah...

...the first one was so bad.

man I hate vampires.

Kevin's Avatar to thine own self be true
    In the O.C. (but not the hoity-toity parts)

Quote Originally Posted by funkatron
    You are not alone, my friend!

Kate makes a pretty fine lookin' Wonder Woman, too.

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

when does this hit the big screen? I want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Camby Savelle
    when does this hit the big screen? I want to see it.
    January 20.

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

I'm such a nerd....I can't wait to see that AND Bloodvayne. Whoopie! TWO vampire movies in ONE MONTH...oh wow....

I even put the buttons up to the movie sites on my site...now call that geekiness or what. I'm more excited than I was about Harry Potter and the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe....

I'm almost tempted to go to the movie dressed in all black and with my fangs...but I'll have to curtail my geekiness on that one...
    Then again...I might just do it anyway..
    Geez....I'm so strange....

But yes, I'm excited too!
    HOW FUN!

Superb photo's.

Cheers
    Danny

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I will be the first one in line...I looooooooooove Kate Beckinsale. Plus I dug the first one, too many take stuff like that way too seriously and never enjoy something for what it is.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

The first one was fucking terrible. Let's hope they got some better writers this time around.

I'll be waiting for the DVD on this one unless, of course, some hot goth girl wants to take me...

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Well atleast *cough* white-wolf *cough* won't have anything to bitch about this time.. those fricking ingnorant pieces of crap... couldn't make a decent rpg if they tried...

Oh sorry... Off on a rant there...

BC

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Blade called, it wants it's plot back.

also peter jackson said to stay out of his prop dept.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    Blade called, it wants it's plot back.

also peter jackson said to stay out of his prop dept.

bwa-hahaha...

...and uh... yeah...

when i saw the first 'underwhere?' movie, and the blade movies all I could think was 'damn white wolf's getting juiced' their 'plots' are lifted right from the pages of those lame role playing games...

kate becksdale would be hot... covered with saurkruat picking her nose, and sniffing her finger she'd just used to pick a wedge... c'mon she's a femmebot...

...I enjoyed the first two blade moves for what they were. fun crap.

the underwhere? movie was so forced, and lame that iIwas really disappointed, because all i'd been expeccting was some cheap entertainment...

...I mean, since when does eurotrash with greasey stringy longish hair=vampire?

oh well, call me 'too hung up' but my trashy entertainment has to be ...well...

entertaining?

(it'll be hard to beat blade:trinity for 'shitiest vampire movie made recently'... but i have high hopes for this one...)

Muzz's Avatar Senior Member

Oooo! I liked the first one lots! I can't wait to see the second one. They left it off at a very questionable point. Purposeful bastards! I must see this! I hated how some people were like, "There's no room for a second story! Why did they make a second one!?" And, you know, throughout the first one there was HUGE amounts of foreshadowing toward the second one.

It's an original take on a story much overdone. I enjoyed the creativity in the first, I hope it's as good in the second. Seeing the picture with the armor...that bodes well! Very well!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

All valid critiques...but the film has Kate Beckinsale in rediculously tight outfits, killing stuff with cool looking weapons, and the color blue. Kinda beats you all out in my book....I'll pluck down my $10.50 and enjoy.

Well, Underworld didn't exactly hit it off for me plot-wise, but I'll be seeing 2 nevertheless. I believe there to be enough visuals to be appealing.

^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bondage Clown
    Well atleast *cough* white-wolf *cough* won't have anything to bitch about this time.. those fricking ingnorant pieces of crap... couldn't make a decent rpg if they tried...

Oh sorry... Off on a rant there...

BC
    White Wolf *did* win their lawsuit, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Ravenheart
    News Flash Underworld sucked...
    For fuck's sake, man, I was just having some fun. Mellow thy self out.

I'll admit to anyone I talk to that the first movie was pretty mediocre in most respects. I still love it, though, more for the ideas and visuals than the way it plays as a story, which was pretty weak.

The first Underworld would have been better with someone like Keira Knightley in that lead role. Kate B is such a boring action actress (though I love her drama roles, she came off as very flat in this flick), though she looks good. Of course I'll see Und2 since I'm a vampire nut, but I'm more interested in seeing Bloodrayne, purely for the Kristanna L factor (can we say T3???!!!! HOT)

Cheers, and Happy New Year!

xx
    Audra

bloodrayne..another videogame - movie adaption...no no no no no...plus it looks like it was made on a $10 budget

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

I can't get over the feeling that I watched Bloodrayne like a year ago. I think somebody leaked a copy online. But I'm not certain.

But from what I remember, it was terrible and there were no nazis, so what's the damn point? The whole fun of the game was slaughtering a boatload of nazi assholes.

The problem with Bloodrayne, though, is not that it's a vid game adaptation. The problem is that it's directed by Uwe Boll. Calling him our modern Ed Wood is doing a disservice to Ed Wood. Let's look at his past two Hollywood features:

- House of the Dead (2.1/10 -- #29 on the IMDB bottom 100)
    Absolutely one of the single worst films I've ever seen. Utter shite. Hilariously terrible.

- Alone in the Dark (2.3/10 -- #43 on the IMDB bottom 100)
    Not as comically bad as House of the Dead, but still fucking retarded. Tara Reid plays an archaeologist. Steven Fucking Dorff is the best actor in this movie. It's just garbage. Still pretty funny tho.

From Wikipedia:
    Whereas most directors would no longer be able to acquire the funding to continue such projects after the immence criticism against them and the small returns, it is rumored Boll is exempt because he funds them under a loophole in German tax law that is supported by contributors and actually rewards movies that perform badly, via a writeoff at the end of the year. It has been reported, however, that this loophole has been revised. Starting on January 2006, contributors to failed movies will no longer be able to profit from failed films through a tax writeoff at the end of the year. This could deliver a major blow to Boll's production company, potentially making it difficult to capitalize on the commercial failure of the projects he has become associated with. This in turn would make it more difficult to lure the investors that have helped Boll continue his projects in the past. However, any projects announced before midnight on the last business day of 2005 are grandfathered in under the old law. In reference to this scheme of commercial failure for financial gain, some have referred to Boll KG as "Bialystock and Boll" (a reference to the 1968 film The Producers)
    If Bloodrayne does anything but suck hard balls, it'll be a goddamn miracle. A way early review on IGN did say it's better than his last two, but that's a pretty backhanded compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by funkatron
    If Bloodrayne does anything but suck hard balls, it'll be a goddamn miracle. A way early review on IGN did say it's better than his last two, but that's a pretty backhanded compliment.
    Yeah, rather like saying "Death by one-ton anvil is much better than being eaten alive by squirrels or falling into a vat of acid."

all depends on how the anvil is applied my friend...

Wellllll
    I'm a Camarilla....can't say much there, yes...GEEK in all CAPS there.
    (white wolf...my ex published two books for them...eh.......)
    Bloodrayne...its a vamp movie..so I have to see it by compulsion. Bad or good...I'll sit through an hour and a half of torridness for the sake of it. Oh well.

I liked Underworld I....so I can only speculate on II....I hope it's good. I'll either get a leak (I didn't say that) or go see it...either way....

I'm a VAMP whore...shit...I know the assumingly 'dead' vampire of richmond, Va....hell...whatever. (Clay Poole, if anyone cares to search)

Toodles...
    HAPPY 2006!!!!

Sun

Muzz's Avatar Senior Member

Wow. I guess I may be the only one out there who thought that the original Underworld had a unique take on the mundane story of Vampires and Werewolves and thought that the plotline was actually pretty damn cool.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    All valid critiques...but the film has Kate Beckinsale in rediculously tight outfits, killing stuff with cool looking weapons, and the color blue. Kinda beats you all out in my book....I'll pluck down my $10.50 and enjoy.

I'll be sitting right next to ya pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzz
    Wow. I guess I may be the only one out there who thought that the original Underworld had a unique take on the mundane story of Vampires and Werewolves and thought that the plotline was actually pretty damn cool.
    Well, given the similarities between the mythos of Underworld and White Wolf's universe, it's hard to call the former unique (and the courts agreed). I thought the plotline itself was a pretty good one -- just that the execution was not so hot. For me, though, style made up for it. I'm hoping the second is a little stronger in the storytelling, tho.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Storyline ?? who cares..its Kate Beckinsale in latex. What the world need now isnt "love sweet love".. its "latex sweet latex"

Eh...who cares. It's entertainment. Love it or leave your 12.00 in your pocket (for the movie ticket, that is)

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

yep, just saw the trailer for it today, i'm gonna drag my roomie to see it, although i don't think she'll mind too much.... hehe

Didn't like Underworld...it nearly put me to sleep!

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

In advance of the release day (Jan 20) there's a nationwide series of Full Moon parties running (on Jan 14 - which should have also been the release date but Sony lost the plot during a teleconf). Details on the website, click the Promotions tab or bounce straight to

http://www.vampfangs.com/shop/wrappe...=locations.php

mG (not getting paid to say this, but I've got a $20 bet on how many show up)

+ Reply to Thread