+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Condom Nazi- that's me :-)

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: The Condom Nazi- that's me :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sunkarma
    i had a t bar (copper) then I took it out. now I'm for condoms...I dunno. Depends. I mean..I'd do scar in a heartbeat...no questions...but guys...what d'ya think...(bunny is also not eliminated from that comment...lol)
    Meow :-) Anytime anywhere

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I allready talked about oral sex, but to reiterate, no it's not safe if you do it without protection. It really doesn't make a difference if you are giving or receiving. the best thing is to get tested first.

So what are the thoughts on the female condom? Ive never seen one so Im in the dark on this item
    Last edited by Vitorro; 01-19-2006 at 06:12 PM. Reason: typo

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scar
    So, DeathKnight, is that safe or what?
    The answer to your question is that yes, it's safe for you, unless you have bleeding gums, or cold sores. But no, it's not safe for him, unless you know you are clean. If you know you are clean, then blow away!

Again, the key concept is that the genitals are vulnerable. Your mouth is not. Go saliva!

Various scientific studies have been performed around the world to try and document and study instances of HIV transmission through oral sex. A programme in San Francisco studied 198 people, nearly all gay or bisexual men. The subjects stated that they had only had oral sex for a year, from six months preceding the six-month study to its end. 20 per cent of the study participants, 39 people, reported performing oral sex on partners they knew to be HIV positive. 35 of those did not use a condom and 16 reported swallowing cum. No-one became HIV positive during the study. Due to the low number of unprotected serodiscordant pairings, all that can be said is that there was a less than 2.8 per cent chance of infection through oral sex over a year. In 2000, a different San Francisco study of gay men who had recently acquired HIV infection found that 7.8 per cent of these infections were attributed to oral sex. However, the results of the study have since been called into question due to the reliability of the participant's data.

In June 2002, a study conducted amongst 135 HIV-negative Spanish heterosexuals, who were in a sexual relationship with a person who was HIV-positive, reported that over 19,000 instances of unprotected oral sex had not lead to any cases of HIV transmission. The study also looked at contributing factors that could effect the potential transmission of HIV through oral sex. They monitored viral load and asked questions such as whether ejaculation in the mouth occurred and how good oral health was. Amongst HIV-positive men, 34 per cent had ejaculated into the mouths of their partners. Viral load levels were available for 60 people in the study, 10 per cent of whom had levels over 10,000 copies. Nearly 16 per cent of the HIV-positive people had CD4 counts below 200. The study, conducted over a ten year period between 1990 and 2000, adds to the growing number of studies which suggest varying levels of risk of HIV transmission from oral sex when compared to anal or vaginal intercourse.

what's your source on that? considering that most non-sexual viruses and bacterial infections are contracted orally it seems to me to be a pretty far fetched idea that saliva or mouth bacteria has any viral or bacteria fighting qualities. it also seems that since regular (IE:vaginal/anal) sex causes micro tears in the skin through which transmission of disease is spread, that it wouldn't be neccesary to have an open wound blood/blood contact in the mouth to pass it on.

the biggest problem is that we tend to look at prevention in terms of "high risk" factors. while that is a good idea in one respect to target a problem, it's a double edged sword. for a time most people that contacted AIDS was through male-male anal sex, followed by IV drug use, blood transfusions and at the bottom of the list was male-female vaginal sex. They pretty much gave the impression that if you weren't gay or a junkie then it was next to impossible that you were going to get it. Today they've succeeded in fighting that problem by targeting those "high-risk" people-- and in doing so caused straight youth to now be the highest rate of infected.

Just because someone has a low chance of infection of an STD, is pretty irrelevent to the people that do wind up getting it. I've never heard anyone say, "statistically they're right, I didn't get aids from 99 cases of oral sex, so it's OK that I got it on the 100th." Or "herpes aint so bad." Or "not being able to have a baby was worth it."

Darknessismylight2877's Avatar Member

i am totally for the use of condoms...i don't sleep around (to risky), but I always always always have condoms.....my friends will come to me at parties or if we're out at the clubs and ask me for a condom. I always make sure that the condoms i have haven't expired and I make sure that they are kept away from extreme temp changes...that way they are less likely to break....i also believe in monogomy...there are to many diseases out there that can kill you....testing frequently is also very very very important....if the person who wants sleep with you doesn't want to use a condom then you should say buh bye and find an alternate way to get your rocks off....

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    what's your source on that?
    http://www.avert.org/orlsx.htm

I'm all in favor of being as safe as possible.

But it was determined a long time ago, that there was almost no
    risk of HIV from kissing, and casual contact. The main reason
    for this determination, was the fact that the amount of HIV
    in an infected person's saliva, is 75% less than in their blood.
    It was determined that this was because saliva destroys HIV.
    That still leaves 25%, but the chance of that getting past your
    own saliva's defences, and then getting into an open sore,
    is pretty unlikely. And with no open sore in your mouth,
    or no bleeding gums, the chance of getting it is almost
    zero.

Also, the fact that lesbian to lesbian transmission is VERY low.
    It has happened once or twice, via oral-vaginal contact. But
    it's only happened a couple times. Which really shows you
    that oral sex, and kissing, is not nearly as risky as other
    forms of contact.

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Seriously guys, sample some different brands. It actually makes a difference. My lover now uses Magnums. It's not that he has a horse's cock or anything, it is larger than average but no coke bottle I swear. The Magnums are only slightly bigger, but a LOT more comfortable. Plus it makes your lover feel all special when you pull one out. They're like "oh, is that my size?" Then their dick gets even harder. But seriously, they fit average size boys, too.
    I do concur, magnums feel so much better than normal condoms, even putting them on is a more enjoyable task.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    http://www.avert.org/orlsx.htm

I'm all in favor of being as safe as possible.

But it was determined a long time ago, that there was almost no
    risk of HIV from kissing, and casual contact. The main reason
    for this determination, was the fact that the amount of HIV
    in an infected person's saliva, is 75% less than in their blood.
    It was determined that this was because saliva destroys HIV.
    That still leaves 25%, but the chance of that getting past your
    own saliva's defences, and then getting into an open sore,
    is pretty unlikely. And with no open sore in your mouth,
    or no bleeding gums, the chance of getting it is almost
    zero.

Also, the fact that lesbian to lesbian transmission is VERY low.
    It has happened once or twice, via oral-vaginal contact. But
    it's only happened a couple times. Which really shows you
    that oral sex, and kissing, is not nearly as risky as other
    forms of contact.
    Ive always heard that with no open sores it would mathmatically take 10 gallons of saliva for the risk of hiv to be trnasmitted and even then its a miniscule percentage.

gothic rose's Avatar Senior Member

i always use one even though my doctor dosn't think i can get pregnant (i have hormone problems) it's better safe than sorry!!

Darknessismylight2877's Avatar Member

Ok so I just got finished talking to a friend of mine back in Tn and she just told me that she has an STD...she got it from a guy who she had unprotected sex with, one of those spur of the moment things and well that just made my decision stronger that I am most certainly going to use condoms if I ever decide that I want to have sex...she had gotten tested before but apparently she didn't get tested for everything and now she's upset because she thinks she might have given it to her boyfriend....Using condoms is always a good idea especially if you have multiple partners or if the person your sleeping with has had or still has multiple partners

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

Yes the oral thing is greatly troubeling to me. I have heard mixed things about the safety issues. I hate when people go down on me. Sorry to say, I know a lot of guys like to do it, but I hate it. Yuck. But I love love love to go down on boys and girlies. Mostly the boys. I swear it turns me on more than any other kind of foreplay. So, DeathKnight, is that safe or what?
    I love you. Let us make child... with condom.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

I hate when people go down on me. Sorry to say, I know a lot of guys like to do it, but I hate it. Yuck.

This is the sound of a fantasy smashing to the floor.

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    the biggest problem is that we tend to look at prevention in terms of "high risk" factors. while that is a good idea in one respect to target a problem, it's a double edged sword. for a time most people that contacted AIDS was through male-male anal sex, followed by IV drug use, blood transfusions and at the bottom of the list was male-female vaginal sex. They pretty much gave the impression that if you weren't gay or a junkie then it was next to impossible that you were going to get it. Today they've succeeded in fighting that problem by targeting those "high-risk" people-- and in doing so caused straight youth to now be the highest rate of infected.
    you havnt indicated that the rate of straight-youths being infected has risen, so surely its a good thing on a whole?

or is it a race to see which group of people are least at risk?

condoms for me are a no brainer, you want kids, dont use them, you dont want kids then put the astronaut back in his suit. the difference that not using a condom will make in your relationship is zero to none. so why bother risking it?

Eva:Gina's Avatar Senior Member

Im a dumbass....... For reasons accosciated with this thread....

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

wear condoms? that hasn't been an issue for me for years now so lets go back in time to a point where I would say condoms ? doesn't anyone trust the good lord lucifers plans anymore? he said eat the apple and I dont think the worlds turned out so bad at all. of course theres a big difference between stupidity, pointlessness and fear.

and of course I'm also completely insane

P I L O T's Avatar Senior Member

i usually don't like to share my findings,... but;

http://www.iratecinemaunderground.co.../aidvwmmed.wmv

Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    you havnt indicated that the rate of straight-youths being infected has risen, so surely its a good thing on a whole?

or is it a race to see which group of people are least at risk?

condoms for me are a no brainer, you want kids, dont use them, you dont want kids then put the astronaut back in his suit. the difference that not using a condom will make in your relationship is zero to none. so why bother risking it?
    well, I'm not really sure about the information as far as the rates based on demographics. I think it's sort of based on people that come in, and some sort of census that they do, is how they come up with the numbers. I'm sure there's a way to find that out, I just haven't seen it. since the widespread use of AIDS treatment in the US the rate of infection all around has decreased substanitially, and that is a very good thing. But what it means is that some people still aren't getting the idea and taking the neccesary precautions, and that's a bad thing.

as I indicted before, for the people whos job it is to deal with this, they need to look at the big picture. For the rest of us, what i'm saying is, if there is a chance of infection, then that's a chance i'm not willing to take.

To all the stuff that you said Death Knight:

ok, I took a look at that site you posted. I think we are on the same page here. what this seems to point out is that mythical "low risk factor" which leads people to ignore the very first thing that it says which is "oral sex is not safe sex."

I got most of this info on oral sex from a guy I know that worked on AIDS testing for the county for about 5 years. he didn't really get into too much specifics and pretty much just echoed the sentiment that I've expressed so far. here's what he had to say:
    "In the situation of somone giving oral sex to a man we all know that some semen will almost always seep out before ejaculation. Which means that you have direct contact between body fluid and cuts/abrasions in the mouth (which are constant whether felt or not and whether large enough to be seen by the naked eye or not.)

When a person is giving oral sex to a woman she may be menstruating at the normal time of the month or at an abnormal time of the month. this is the same situation as above.

I think the idea of stratifying the levels of risk into different behaviors is about as responsible as saying some peoples lives are highly important, others are moderatly important, etc."

all the tests I've seen seem to point to the conclusion that we can't draw any real definitive answer from the tests. until that point I'd rather operate under the assumption that the tests that have shown it as a possibility are correct. I can't tell anyone else what to do, but better safe then sorry is a method that I stand by.

The info on AIDs and oral sex is kinda iffy. but what about other STDS? people should still be concerned with these. they run the range from no apparent symptoms to death. HPV is one that is pretty crappy for women.

you are right, lesbians have always been the lowest. I think this is mostly due to the stigma of homophobia. homosexuals generally do not lead very different lives then heterosexuals. The reason that AIDS came to be so widespread amongst gays is because straight people had allready been using protection. At the time, the primary use of condoms were to prevent pregnancy, because this was not a concern for gays, they typically went without. I think the reason for the widespread among male and females was that men were too afriad to tell there female partners that they were having sex with other men. Even today it's fashionable for women to expermiment with other women. Straight society is thrilled with the so-called "lipstick lesbian" and doesn't place such a harsh value on "typical" sexual identity as they do with men. Of course in a male dominated society, homosexual women that aren't with men often have it just as hard as purely homosexual men... but we are getting off topic here and onto a while nother discussion. i'll leave it at that.

Phoenix Blue's Avatar Senior Member

While in China, a man is very sexually promiscuous and does not use a condom all the time. A week after arriving back home in the States, he wakes one morning to find his penis covered with bright green and purple spots. Horrified, he immediately goes to see a doctor.

The doctor, never having seen anything like this before, orders some tests and tells the man to return in two days for the results. The man returns a couple of days later and the doctor says: "I've got bad news for you --- you've contracted Mongolian VD. It's very rare and almost unheard of here. We know very little about it."

The man looks a little perplexed and says: "Well, give me a shot or something and fix me up, Doc."

The doctor answers: "I'm sorry, there's no known cure. We're going to have to amputate your penis."

The man screams in horror, "Absolutely not! I want a second opinion."

The doctor replies: "Well, it's your choice. Go ahead if you want but surgery is your only choice."

The next day, the man seeks out a Chinese doctor, figuring that he'll know more about the disease. The Chinese doctor examines his penis and proclaims: "Ah, yes, Mongolian VD. Vely lale disease."

The guy says to the doctor: "Yeah, yeah, I already know that, but what can we do? My American doctor wants to operate and amputate my penis!"

The Chinese doctor shakes his head and laughs: "Stupid Amelican
    docta, always want to opelate. Make more money that way. No need to opelate!"

Oh, Thank God!" the man replies.

"Yes," says the Chinese doctor, "You no worry! Wait two weeks. Faw off by itself! You save money."

Daven_Grey's Avatar Junior Member

Well I've gotten a visectomy done so i dont even need condoms. HOORAY Visectomy!!! Even though i still use a condom at the risk of a new partner.

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

isnt it vasectomy,
    visectomy sounds like they used a vice

well even with a vasectomy, there is still the risk of an infection. as far as im concerned a condom should be used everytime, not only with new partners. who knows if the other person is sleeping with anyone else? even if you've had the same partner for years, doesnt mean they arent sleeping with someone else. the best option is to go together and get tested.

bottom line, use condoms, and have sex with as many people as u can, whether it be co workers, or someone u just met. the best thing is never talk about it after you sleep with a co worker, girl i worked with me and her would sneak to a back office four times a week, but when we got finished nerver talked about it. but just cause it worked for me don't meen it will for everybody, its just advise.

ignore what i wrote i clicked on wrong thread, i meant to click on fucking co workers

Correction: "Vasectomy" kudos to Grebo

the only person i've been having sex with i've been with for three months and live wih so theres no room for "other people"

hi it depends on the person i use them with everyone to start with after about six months if you trust them jus get tested n off you go jus use the pill or an iud or even the injection Ps the rythym method dosent always work its kinds like russian roullete theres a big increase in std's over here now because we never had ay major outbreaks to get us worried
    xXLAJOXx

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by lajo666
    hi it depends on the person i use them with everyone to start with after about six months if you trust them jus get tested n off you go jus use the pill or an iud or even the injection Ps the rythym method dosent always work its kinds like russian roullete theres a big increase in std's over here now because we never had ay major outbreaks to get us worried
    xXLAJOXx
    HEY! introduce yourself cmon everyone has to do it

BloodredProject2402's Avatar Senior Member

haha, he brought this thread back from the dead....

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Its a good thread to bring back from the dead I think.

I had a hystorectomy so cant get pregnant. I dont sleep around (as much as Id like to think;p) so I dont use condoms when I do get lucky. I also dont have much sex outside of relationships, so I dont really worry or think twice about it.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Oh yeah, and I agree with Scar, Im not much on the oral sex thing. I dont really like it when guys go down on me.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

I don't plan on being with anyone other than kayla so the only time we don't use condoms is when she has her birth control ring in-I had the hardest time with condoms for a while there cus they would end up being too tight so i switched over to mags and those fit like a glove. lol

+ Reply to Thread