+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: what do you think of rioting over a cartoon?

and your little dog too

Default what do you think of rioting over a cartoon?

do you think it is right that the muslim world rioting over a danish cartoon? should America get any of the blame for what happened in a danish newspaper?

Default Re: what do you think of rioting over a cartoon?

I think all the violence is lame. I get that they don't think it's funny, but burning down building and punishing a whole country for one tiny little newspaper is ridiculous. I'm thinking it's a curtural thing I'll never understand completely.

When I'm watching the news I sometimes wonder what in the hell do these people do for a living? I mean 10,000s of people assembling in the middle of an afternoon to protest. Don't people work?

Eva:Gina's Avatar Senior Member

its sick

you know what makes you look like assholes, people?
    its not a little cartoon, its fucking KILLING people!!
    and then KILLING MORE PEOPLE over a stupid cartoon

people make me sick, sick sick sick.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

I say let them.. then nuke them, then laugh at their inadaqucies (sp)

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

It's stupid.

But then again, I bet hardcore Christian people here would get all pissed off if someone put up a billboard with Jesus with a cock in his mouth or something...

It's only the hardcore religious nuts who are rioting.
    And I bet our own religious nuts would be just as upset
    if you portrayed their "savior" in an offensive way.

People just need to learn how to take a joke.

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

it reminds me a little of the monty python skit with the joke that can kill

if this little cartoon no bigger than a ziggy can do this much imagine what a crack team of tatoo artists could do

first off if it was a billboard it could be torched but how do you stop a bunch of newspapers and the interweb

the thing that they dont realize is there is no such thin as bad publicity the more rucus they cause the more people seek out the offending image

the weird thing is they are not angry about the bomb they are just angry about a drawing of muhamed which since they have a policy of no images allowed how do they know he even looks like that?

honestly as far as we know jesus may have been black maybe muhammed was chinese

maybe buddah was really a samoan

of course i couldnt recognize a picture of jesus out of a line up of dirty hippies

i'm trying to think of an image that would drive my lazy ass off the couch and riot and i cant think of one

mary blowing mlk with jfk doing him from behind might do it
    but it would really have to be drawn in full color on the cover of every newspaper and not some grainy black and white

and why does every body draw a bomb that looks like a bowling ball candle i dont think a bomb like that has been used since the war between the states

There's much more other reasons behind this. Reaction of people is just chain reaction that you get by puting "right" people on strategic points to set it of and keep the fire burning. Politics makes me sick. Poor people, like 90% of them doesn't even know what is it about.

I remember in Bosnia, 1996 or 97 (oh noues, not one of his war story) when NATO bombed Serbia, 90% of rioters was high school kids looking for reason to miss their school (as well as me) and I can promisse you, only that keeped them together was hatered to America and fact that we were all serbs(bosnian and serbian ones). I remember that "we" stoned American ambasy and no one at that moment was thinking realy about bombings. It was just way to release inner rage and to do something other for a change because, not much is happening in countries like that.
    It's all about manipulation.

Just wait until they see Southpark.

but seriously...they can bomb buildings and people..they dont get mad
    they kill women and children..they dont get mad
    they chop off the hands of those who steal bread crumbs..they dont get mad..
    they get a cartoon made about them..they get mad

fuck em - and fuck those who are cowing to their demands... sometimes, i wish i were famous so someone would give a fuck whether or not i burned a koran or made a statue of mohammad and kicked it in the nuts.

let me amend a small part of that - i do feel bad for the individual reporters and cartoonists whose lives and free speech have been threatened by the ugly demands of sick fascists. didn't mean to indict them for saving their own skins... it is only human.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    It's stupid.

But then again, I bet hardcore Christian people here would get all pissed off if someone put up a billboard with Jesus with a cock in his mouth or something...

People just need to learn how to take a joke.
    I hear ya DK, but to them, it is not even close to a joke. Our laws defend our right to at least circulate a pic of Jesus blowing George Michael, if not put it on a billboard (decency laws come into play there). Their laws are based on Islamic law which demands death for infidels (anyone who doesn't claim Mohammad as great prophet and savior). By their Islamic law (which comes before all others), they MUST riot and kill in the face of what they see as a great dishonor to their faith and their very lives.

Strangely, it is only the New Testament (love thy neighbor and all that crap) that even keeps Christians from behaving the exact same way. Islam never even bothered to develop beyond "Kill everybody who doesn't dig on Mohammad!"

Eva:Gina's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    It's stupid.

not exactly the same thing
    having a bomb as a turban while muslums are suicide bombing is a illistrative commentary on events.... how often does jesus suck cock?
    it would be different if there was a pic to do with jesus nad fondling small boys or something while reffering to debuached preists...

Angel Slayer's Avatar guardian garroter

Quote Originally Posted by Eva:Gina
    how often does jesus suck cock?
    ........... i've been waiting for a setup this good for so long... i can't even think of a joke good enough to do it justice.......

but seriously... people have fucking died over this. over a comic. i hate everything.

How can any intelligent human being refer to Islam as a nation of piece when they violently riot over a cartoon. Seems to me that this is fairly petty and when they react this way to something petty...it makes you wonder.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

In this case I don't think it's the United States fault. why would we try an control what denmark does with thier country? they don't have any Oil.

yeah a thousand people acted violently and stupidly, out of the billion muslims in the world. It wouldn't be fair for me to come on here and start talking generalizations about christians on account of the "God hates fags" guy or pat roberts or the guy at my universtiy that tells women that they are whores and are going to hell because they wear skirts. It seems to me that there simple request is to let them pratice thier faith as they see fit. if you believe in democracy then you should uphold that. muhammed a ticking time bomb? yeah, as long as western society is fanning the flames near the fuse. why don't we try being the bigger people and stop giving them reasons to complain. then we'll see what get's done.

anyone remember the spanish inquesition? it's not like the west is anything in the realm of tolerance, as much as they may like to think they are. shit, utah banned the showing of the movie brokeback mountain because it was about homosexuality, even though it presented it in a way that was not vulgar or obscene and on the level with every single other typical heterosexual romance movie. it's just like the whole Iran nukes thing, we dropped nukes on japan, so why is that ok? but it's not ok for anyone else to use them. bottom line: don't dish it out if you can't take it.

I'm sorry that it has had to come to this, but it really seems lately that 1,000 years of european imperialism is coming back to bite us in the ass.

no its political correctness

untill the leaders of the islamic religion condem self-explosion and say that they are all burning in the void with pineapples up there poopchutes while 72 giggling schoolgirls make fun of them

it will never stop

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I wouldn't riot over a cartoon,that's real stupid, but I don't really mind the idea of riots, just not on my street.

of course goes to show, if you listen to fool's, the mob rules

there's belief and there's being an idiot about your beliefs

Shivvenfist's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    do you think it is right that the muslim world rioting over a danish cartoon? should America get any of the blame for what happened in a danish newspaper?
    I think that when you have a culture that has repeatedly inflamed passions on both sides for EONS, and one that becomes angry at things that most people do not take seriously at all, you get this kinda shit.

It's always something. Same thing with racial tensions. It is the best fall back argument known:

"Oh well its because of this stigma against my deity. Or my skin color".

No, sometimes, sensitivity is just too fucking intense.

Shoot them.

I'll go one further....I am amazed there are any of them left. All the death. These people go through their own killing each other and tourists like I eat fiddle faddle. It boggles my mind.

A cartoon did all this..I wonder what ingoring the fuckwads for 5 years, in all media outlets, in all political meetings, would do. Maybe they would calm the fuck down. I think eons of training in the arts of outrage however, mean differently.

Now they have gone too far!

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Yeah! Next they will be burning White Castles... Nooooooooooo!

Yeah... third world war is coming, it's so obvious. People are just afraid to mention it...
    I wonder if it's gonna set of this spring, because most of wars began on spring.

Yeah... What would you do? Fight or run?

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Run

I've heard a lot about this cartoon, and the problems it's caused the only thing I'm unsure of is if it actually exists, has anyone actually seen this cartoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory

I'm sorry that it has had to come to this, but it really seems lately that 1,000 years of european imperialism is coming back to bite us in the ass.

There is a HUGE difference between labelling someone a "whore" or a "fag" and putting on a black hood and slitting their fucking throat. Nobody cares what Pat Robertson thinks anymore, and if they do, they are not allowed to mutilate the genitals of those they deem "infidels." This is because the laws of the United States take precedence over fallacious texts of "law," such as the Bible or the Koran.

BTW... Have you made it through 10th grade world history? Do you not recall that the US nuked Japan because they were part of a sexy little three-way called the "Axis" powers whose main goal was world domination and the eradication of all people of "impure racial heritage?"

As for the Spanish Inquisition.... Let's see... I can recall that it happened 500 years ago (3 centuries before the US was even a country) and was actually part of the insipration for the separation of church and state that now exists in our laws.

Keep trying to make Western culture and philosophy look stupid - maybe you'll get it right one of these times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    I've heard a lot about this cartoon, and the problems it's caused the only thing I'm unsure of is if it actually exists, has anyone actually seen this cartoon?

Anyone have a link? Fo real do....

google it under danish cartoon... firsth or second link -.-

this is what all the hubbubs about

i know that guy and he aint muhammed i think i saw him drivin a cab

First of all, the only reason I'm even wasting my time to address such absurd bullshit is that Im afraid that someone as ignorant as yourself may read what you write and think that it has any validity.

Quote Originally Posted by tinstar
    There is a HUGE difference between labelling someone a "whore" or a "fag" and putting on a black hood and slitting their fucking throat. Nobody cares what Pat Robertson thinks anymore, and if they do, they are not allowed to mutilate the genitals of those they deem "infidels." This is because the laws of the United States take precedence over fallacious texts of "law," such as the Bible or the Koran.
    Nothing involving people wearing hoods and slitting throats has been involved in this incident, where are you getting this information from? Genital mulitation isn't, and has never been a part of islamic culture. The laws of the US aren't religiously motivated eh? So that's why most people cited thier choice of political canidate based on thier stance on abortion, gay marriage, family values, and religious preference? put down the crack pipe and get a clue about reality.

BTW... Have you made it through 10th grade world history? Do you not recall that the US nuked Japan because they were part of a sexy little three-way called the "Axis" powers whose main goal was world domination and the eradication of all people of "impure racial heritage?"
    Yeah, sorry, they forgot to mention in my history class that Japan wanted to wipe out all the people that weren't white aryans. Silly me for not knowing that.

As for the Spanish Inquisition.... Let's see... I can recall that it happened 500 years ago (3 centuries before the US was even a country) and was actually part of the insipration for the separation of church and state that now exists in our laws.
    Once again you must tell me your inside source that cited the spanish inquesition as having a baring on 17th century colonial american laws. Anyway, for my stance on religious law, see my first sentance.

As far as facts are concerned, the spanish inquesition did take place 500 years ago. Give yourself a pat on the back and a gold star. Now for the area where you fall flat on your face: Logic. When exactly does genocide cease to be a tragedy? I mean you mentioned the holocaust earlier, that happened 50 years ago, so why should we care about that then?

Regardless, my point was in response to you singling out Islam as a religion of violence. My comparison showed that it was in fact less so than the institutions of Europe.

Keep trying to make Western culture and philosophy look stupid - maybe you'll get it right one of these times.
    No need, you're doing a fine job on your own.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    There's much more other reasons behind this. Reaction of people is just chain reaction that you get by puting "right" people on strategic points to set it of and keep the fire burning. Politics makes me sick. Poor people, like 90% of them doesn't even know what is it about.

I remember in Bosnia, 1996 or 97 (oh noues, not one of his war story) when NATO bombed Serbia, 90% of rioters was high school kids looking for reason to miss their school (as well as me) and I can promisse you, only that keeped them together was hatered to America and fact that we were all serbs(bosnian and serbian ones). I remember that "we" stoned American ambasy and no one at that moment was thinking realy about bombings. It was just way to release inner rage and to do something other for a change because, not much is happening in countries like that.
    It's all about manipulation.
    1999 was the major bombing of Serbia by the US. I was truly ashamed of my country for years after that. I still protest the results in Kosovo.

http://www.orangerevolution.us/blog/Kosovo

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by tinstar
    Anyone have a link? Fo real do....
    I have it all on my site.
    http://www.orangerevolution.us/blog/...6/1748380.html

OEC

PS: I only stand in protest to islamofascists who want to destroy Israel and the west. I do not believe they are representative of all muslims. They are a minority that has hijacked the religion for their own ends.

Nothing involving people wearing hoods and slitting throats has been involved in this incident, where are you getting this information from?
    It's called reality, my friend.

I usually enjoy your posts, but you entered the Dark Side of the Moon on that one

When is genocide not a tragedy? When it becomes everyday mundane. People killing people, in large numbers. It was a newer phenom, then it would be a tragedy, now, it sells periodicals and keeps the talkshow circuit from going bankrupt. Everyone has a cause to fight for now. LOL.

Tragedy and mass killings have always been part of our race's menu. Modern media simply makes it more easily and readily viewable, and thus makes it easier to use that as informational warfare techniques, on all sides of a conflict, to apparent great effect.

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler

this is what all the hubbubs about
    your fucking kidding me, well gotta hand it to their god, he certainly found a bunch of winners.

nobody brougt this up but what is that brown hotdog,broomhandle,cigar shaped thingie near the drawings mouth

Quote Originally Posted by bohoki
    nobody brougt this up but what is that brown hotdog,broomhandle,cigar shaped thingie near the drawings mouth

The finger or thumb of this dipshit that started this whole mess because they "wanted to express outrage" and get their 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by bohoki
    I've seen the same photo minus the object you mention. I believe it is meant to be a stick of dynamite which passes thru his skull to the fuse on his turban. Could be wrong tho I have the other version at the above link.

OEC

looks kinda like a finger of someone holding the picture to me.

looks kinda like a finger of someone holding the picture to me.
    tought same thing...

Btw you saw those t-shirts yet? Sone italian politicians promote them this moment.
    European T-shirt mania

Quote Originally Posted by Shivvenfist
    It's called reality, my friend.
    ok... but you didn't really adress anything that I said. so let me say again, where in this everyday reality did you hear about this happening? cuz I've never heard about it.

muhammed a ticking time bomb? yeah, as long as western society is fanning the flames near the fuse. why don't we try being the bigger people and stop giving them reasons to complain. then we'll see what get's done.
    Would you suggest we tip toe around their sensibilities?

+ Reply to Thread