+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anybody know anything about publishing?

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

Default Anybody know anything about publishing?

I've been sitting on a novel for about two years now and have no idea where to even start as far as getting it published. Anybody got any ideas?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: Anybody know anything about publishing?

Well you have a few basic options...

One look at various publishers submission guidelines and go from there. You can publish it yourself using any number of online publishing options available today (From print on order to downloadable)...or if you have an inroad to a lit agent go that route.

It's not an easy road but it's far easier than it use to be...just harder to get a spotlight.

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

I've heard that finding an agent that won't rip you off is hard and i don't have the capitol to self publish. I was thinking about maybe copyrighting it and doing it online but I don't know.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

First what kind of book is it? Second, fiding an agent that won't rip you off is hard, but it's better for buiness than going without. Try looking at the Author's Guilds online.
    K

Any barnes and noble or border's has whole sections on writing and getting published..seek and ye shall find..
    P.

+ Reply to Thread