+ Reply to Thread

Thread: henry rollins terrorist

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

Default henry rollins terrorist

This is a "dispatch" (I don't think henry wants to be known as a blogger) from the henry rollins web site cofirming the dangers of reading.
    DISPATCHES
    #30. 01-30-06 Melbourne Australia: 2139 hrs.
    I just got a letter from a nice woman who told me the man I sat next to on the flight from Auckland to Goldcoast Australia reported me to the Australian Government because of the book I was reading.

“I hope this finds you before you leave Australia as I think its something that won’t surprise you but might give you a smile when you are sitting in a hotel room. I work in one of those Government areas that deals with anti terrorism matters. A fine service is provided but unfortunately we get to read a lot of things submitted by lunatics. The Australian Government set up the National Security Hotline to report terrorists.
    The person who sat next to you on the flight from New Zealand does not agree with your politics or choice of reading and so nominated you as a possible threat. As they were too cowardly or stupid to leave their details I can’t call them to discuss their idiocy with them.”

Interesting that he and I exchanged nothing but polite hellos. I was reading Ahmed Rashid’s book Jihad: The Rise Of Militant Islam In Central Asia. He’s a correspondent for the Wall Street Journal and the book is on the Yale University Press. Didn’t Bush drink beer at Yale? Didn’t he not seem to learn much at Yale?
    Of course I wrote the nice lady back.

“I was reading a book called Jihad by Ahmed Rashid which is a history of Central Asia. I didn't speak to the man next to me past how do you do. I think Ahmed Rashid is published by Yale University Press. Bush's alma mater. Please tell your government and everyone in your office to go fuck themselves. Tell them twice. If your boss is looking for something to do, you can tell him I suggest he go fuck himself. Baghdad's safer than my hometown and your PM is a sissy. You have a nice night.”

I really don’t take kindly to that kind of shit. I like it though. Love it. Confrontation. Tension. Adversarial relationships. More please. It’s the only time it gets real.

i think the "coalition of the wankers, oops sorry - willing" is getting a bit too paranoid

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: henry rollins terrorist

Quote Originally Posted by grebo
    Didn’t Bush drink beer at Yale? Didn’t he not seem to learn much at Yale?
    Isn't that the same exact thing rollins did his whole life, minus the prestigious school? he's not a terrorist, just an asshole. he can go record another spoken word album and stop taking checks from GI liqour and Big Tobbacco to diss on thier competors (IE: all those anti-drug commercials, which are in fact paid for by the good folks at phillip morris among others.)

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

morning glory.. sometimes your deliberately anti-everything stance seems rather artificial. you have a long way to go before you can wear that "Amanojaku" t-shirt with pride.

sorry, I'm just trying to live up to the slogans on my Hot Topic t-shirts.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Hank's cool as hell. I've hung out with him at least twice and I'm always impressed by his eloquence.

He's a brilliant guy. Don't shit on him until you know.

Black Coffee Blues and Hard Volume ... Great way to spend the day purifying your brain. That and the first Minor Threat demos ... Nice pic of Henry "Garfield" with his hands down his pants in the liner notes and includes his v/o announcing the beginning of the song "Minor Threat."

Ok, he received a letter saying how it was a stupid and a waste of time that someone said he was a terrorist and that he might find the incident amusing. he then wrote back telling her, her boss, everyone in the department, and the australian government to "go fuck themselves" and then started talking shit about George W Bush. none of those things having any baring whatsoever on the incident, I might add.

The brunt of this story is that he was reading a book about islamic terrorists on a plane which freaked out some idiot, which is kind of asking for it in the first place, and then no one in an official capacity even cared. It seems to me like Rollins is just going out of his way to act like he's being a victim so that he can push his own bullshit agenda. You know that you guys would give so much shit to Micheal Moore if he did something even remotely like this, but some shitty musician does it and suddenly we should all bow down and kiss his ass for pushing the political envelope.

OMG... MG makes a point I can actually agree with.... *packs up and leaves*

every article Morning Glory has written in...im so there, i like his thinking ^_^

+ Reply to Thread