+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: greater being

Default Re: greater being

I did have a very enlightening dream once when I was sleeping. I dreamt the answer was revealed to me, and it was so very simple. I knew I was in dream state, and woke up to write this answer down but could not find anything to write with, so I went back to sleep thinking this is so simple, certainly I will remember this when I wake up. Unfornutally I don't have a memory of that answer. No clue. I just know I had this actual dream experence is all I know and recall. This really happened like this.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

hey BSD where did you hear about that christian reincarnation thing? I've never heard that. really I haven't heard of much eatern influences spilling over into the middle east, and actual physical earth-place ressurection doesn't seem to be a very popular idea amongst european cultures.

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    and i'd say that's a stretch. there's nothing inherrantly fullfilling about reproducing. I think it's because all organisms aware that thier existance is what we define as living. since they have no clue what it means to not be alive (we can define it, but we can't really comprehend something that's outside of any experience), they try to hold onto being alive as much as possible, not because they rationalize that it's better then not being alive, but because they don't know anything else. reproducing is just the best way to ensure that at least some of them goes on existing in the same way (even if it's just a single cell) and possessing a conscious quality of life.
    not to be a downer, but don't look for a meaning written in the stars, cuz you'll find none, unless you want to dillute yourself with cosy fantasies, and they won't get you anywhere but to devalue the only true meaning that there is to find. make you own meaning. whatever you do in your life, do something that you feel is worthy of spending 5 minutes, 50 years, doing, cuz once it's over, then that's it.
    spot on imo.

i feel i miss out on the peace of mind that must come with believing there is someone watching over us, taking care of us, however i find it hard to be that naive.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

hey BSD where did you hear about that christian reincarnation thing? I've never heard that. really I haven't heard of much eatern influences spilling over into the middle east, and actual physical earth-place ressurection doesn't seem to be a very popular idea amongst european cultures.
    Can't remember where I heard it, but it's something I learned a while ago.

One of my friends is a christian and spends a lot of time on Christian Forums. He is aware of this theory (in fact it may have been him that told me in the first place, can't remember) and points it out to people that come on ranting about how re-incarnation doesn't make sense. He also has fun with the Creationists (the one's that say the world was created less than 10 Thousand Years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodredProject2402
    but didnt you read what black spiral dancer had to say? about there just being a bunch of assholes getting people to do what they want? maybe that same fundamental is true with every religion that is written in history and some are just harder to see than others...
    i read it. i'm just not confusing belief with church. i think there's a lot of truth in black spiral dancer's words, and churches (religions) will always pervert the message over time. power corrupts etc. etc.

i hope, though, Bloodred, that you aren't so cynical as to believe that everything that has been created by humankind in the search for the supernatural was because of some great scam. that kind of attitude can make you depressed. and personally, i hope you find reasons to believe in the supernatural. it's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip

i feel i miss out on the peace of mind that must come with believing there is someone watching over us, taking care of us, however i find it hard to be that naive.
    whatever the gods do, it ain't watching after people. people watch out for yourselves.

BloodredProject2402's Avatar Senior Member

damn straight, i think the only help they're giving us (if any) is through tarrot cards, numerology, and ouji boards and things of that nature. other than that wat the hell have they helped us with.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I think they're laughing at the fact that we haven't got past that stage of evolution yet

haha, but then again most religions dont believe in evolution do they?

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

yeah but then who's to say the gods have told the truth, if I was god I'd lie and laugh about it

well theres a lot of what ifs but we are working on what we have here...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    yeah but then who's to say the gods have told the truth, if I was god I'd lie and laugh about it
    take loki, thor, tiu et. al. for example. it was the lies of the gods that brought the ragnarok.

man how do u people know all the languages?

+ Reply to Thread