+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What Movies do you think were ruined by the Actors portraying Certain Roles?

Default Re: What Movies do you think were ruined by the Actors portraying Certain Roles?

Nicolas Cage In Con-Air...

His accent was soooooooo Bad...I am a redneck with a southern accent..I have never talked like that...

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

Default Re: What Movies do you think were ruined by the Actors portraying Certain Roles?

Yeah. Cage reminds me of the little girl with the little curl - as in, when he is bad, he is horrid.

~Histrionica~

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    My apologizes. I thought they had done another crappy remake of a character.
    No big deal. DC Comics, in their cartoons, are pretty clever about taking what they already have on hand (what's written already and prevailing characters) and use it in their cartoons. Marvel kind of did that with the Spider-Man cartoon (even with the 2099 one), so it is more nice, but you know.

The John Stewart in the cartoon JLA is a lot more like the angry, young black man stereotype of the 70s. In the late eighties and nineties he was actually pretty gentle and more like a sort of philosopher and elder statesman type. They brought him back to that, but, of course, he had a wife die a while back, so there you go. Apparently, if you are green anything and a superhero, you have to have tradegy in your life. You can ask me about any character that is green in comics, and most likely I could tell you some great tradegy they put into the characters stories.

I asked somebody about that, and they sad the official respons from the company is: All the Character Variations , Stories, etc, Take place in several different Multi-Verses.

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    I asked somebody about that, and they sad the official respons from the company is: All the Character Variations , Stories, etc, Take place in several different Multi-Verses.
    Yeah, like "Crisis on Infinite Earths." Anyone can do anything they want creatively, with anything I suppose. But, respecting an person's work, instead of ripping it off and taking the credit, just seems better to me.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Neverborn
    haha just wait till you see keanu reeves as john constantine in hellblazer the movie. i can only beg my lord satan he doesnt do his dracula "english" accent. bastards.
    The only thing even remotely close to the comic in that movie is the characters name...they ditched the rest.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by koolagh
    Kirstin Dunst as Mary Jane in the spider-man movies? According to the comics, MJ is supposed to be the hottest supermodel/actress in the world. I just do not see Kirstin as being the epitomy of sex appeal. That is about the only thing that the casters screwed up on.
    Actually the ended up mixing the Mary Jane character with ALL the other female characters to ever fall in and out of ole Peter's life. The one complaint I had was that they didn't do what occured to his first love so to speak...and that was to kill her. Guess they felt the death of uncle ben was enough for a movie audience to accept. Kirsten captures the emotions needed for the role perfectly though...if they went with pure eye candy NONE of the scenes they have together would have worked as well.

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by koolagh
    Halle Berry should be banned from EVER playing ANY comic book character.

AMEN brother! AMEN!

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

I hated that guy playing Wolverine in the X-Men movies. He's a pussy.

Morgue1313's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Histrionica
    Tom Cruise as the Vampire Lestat.

Nuff said.

~Histrionica~

I believe Tom Cruise did a lot better than that Stuart guy from Queen of the Damned. In fact, once you get over the fact that its Tom Cruise, he did very well.

How about jennifer annistin(sp?) in Rock Star?

She seriously does not fit the role of a girl dating a cover band vocalist in the 80s... plus I think her acting is shit.

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

I hated that guy playing Wolverine in the X-Men movies. He's a pussy.
    Hugh Jackman ROCKED as Wolverine. Listenin' to him roar while slaughtering those spec-ops in X-Men 2 was like the old school animated series allover again. Who would you rather have played him? 'Viggo Mortensen'? *gags*

+ Reply to Thread