+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Movies do you think were ruined by the Actors portraying Certain Roles?

Default What Movies do you think were ruined by the Actors portraying Certain Roles?

I didnt see the entire CatWoman movie yet, but It probably sucks because they cast halle berry as CatWoman.

I know that CatWoman is a fictional character, but that movie seems to just suck all the way around. And even if halle berry wasnt playing that character, the costume is the worst CatWoman costume that I know of.

Michelle feifer (sp) seemed to be a lot better as CatWoman.

Bah, Im just ranting now, since that movie sucks so much.

What movies make you feel like ranting, due to the horrible cast, plot, alterations to the comic characters, etc?

Ambika's Avatar Member

Default Re: What Movies do you think were ruined by the Actors portraying Certain Roles?

Spiderman. I just cant put it into words how much they've ruined that for me

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Default Re: What Movies do you think were ruined by the Actors portraying Certain Roles?

Eh, Toby Macguire wasn't so bad as spiderman. But not only did they cast Halle Berry as Catwoman, they also changed Catwoman's name. That pissed me off more than anything.
    My rant about Spider Man 2 is a small one, but Doc Ock is supposed to have a German accent.
    And I'm not going to say anything about Batman Forever and Batman and Robin................. I'm just glad they got someone that even remotely looks like Bruce Wayne to play in the next one.......... Christian Bale (Equilibrium, American Psycho, Reign of Fire for those non movie geeks) so it might not be so bad.

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

I think George Clooney made the best Bruce Wayne.
    Halle Berry should be banned from EVER playing ANY comic book character.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Now Halle did fine as Storm, but I don't think anyone would have played a decent CatWoman with the material. From what I can ntell the movie was bad before Halle was even thought of to play the role.
    The only movie I've had serious issues with lately that's worth ranting about is the "Texas Chainsaw Fiasco" Gods that was an aweful Remake! I don't where to start on what's wrong with that one!
    Bale is going to be the best Batman to date. Rob and I spent an afternoon over lunch psycho-analysing the Bruce Wayne/ Batman head trauma. Christian Bale, with his experience playing psychopaths, a la American Psycho, is perfect for the role. I'm actually kind of looking forward to this one...
    K

memorydream's Avatar Sage

I wish with Doctor Octopus it had been a big, fat German guy who was obsessed with marrying Aunt May, that would be wonderful.

I hear there getting Paltrow to play Marlene Dietrich, which I don't know how I feel about that.

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

Tom Cruise as the Vampire Lestat.

Nuff said.

~Histrionica~

SINCE we're on the vampire chronicles.................... Aaliyah as Akasha?????? That was shit. I boycotted that fucking movie, I'm sorry she died, but that movie was an unfunny joke.

tommygunn666's Avatar In A Dream Tilll I Die!!!

Toby Macguire not my idea of spiderman
    allaiyh in the queen of the damned ruined that movie for me
    and beyonce in austin powers goldmember she just not funny to me and couldnt act at all
    and berry catwomen hell no i cant get into these actors and actress who play all these people a couple of month time.

After Spider-Man came out my boss continually tried to show me how cool he was by showing me all his great, little Spider-Man computer graphics. He hated Anime, yet looked exactly like a 14 year old Japanese boy. Man, I hate that Republican sonuvabitch still. Oh how I used to fantasize pushing him down the stairs and watching every bone in his body break as he smashed through the glass shield at the bottom of the steps and impaled himself on the fountain display.

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    SINCE we're on the vampire chronicles.................... Aaliyah as Akasha?????? That was shit. I boycotted that fucking movie, I'm sorry she died, but that movie was an unfunny joke.
    That was soooo wrong, i agree. And Stuart Townshend sucked as Lestat as well.

~Histrionica~

haha just wait till you see keanu reeves as john constantine in hellblazer the movie. i can only beg my lord satan he doesnt do his dracula "english" accent. bastards.

Oh man, that is gonna SUCK!

~Histrionica~

Quote Originally Posted by Neverborn
    haha just wait till you see keanu reeves as john constantine in hellblazer the movie. i can only beg my lord satan he doesnt do his dracula "english" accent. bastards.
    Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! That's like trying to get Sylvester Stallone to be Morpheus in a Sandman movie! Ooh, that one really gets me. Plus, there has got to be a dozen or more qualified British actors to do that.

you know who I could have seen as Morpheus? Gabriel Byrne........ he has the face for it, just make him paler and give him a Robert Smith wig.

you know who I could have seen as Morpheus? Gabriel Byrne........ he has the face for it, just make him paler and give him a Robert Smith wig.
    Ah, they'll probably get Johnny Depp. Then, they'll make Byrne - Cliff Steele (Robotman) from the Doom Patrol.

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

i hated what they did with rogue in the x-men movies. tom cruise is 'nt good at anything. hallie berry should be knocked down a peg or two. and let's not forget the hulk movie.

Quote Originally Posted by koolagh
    Halle Berry should be banned from EVER playing ANY comic book character.
    I cant explain it, but any movie that has halle berry in it seems to aggravate me.

I agree, but how come you dislike her in that role?
    I dislike when they cast rappers and also hip hop artists in those roles. It just seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by tommygunn666
    Toby Macguire not my idea of spiderman
    allaiyh in the queen of the damned ruined that movie for me
    and beyonce in austin powers goldmember she just not funny to me and couldnt act at all
    and berry catwomen hell no i cant get into these actors and actress who play all these people a couple of month time.
    Beonce is another actress I dislike in general.
    It was also stupid for them to do that, since they acted like they were going to keep felicity in the previous movie, along with the same reasons for them putting the other person as Akasha.

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Tom Cruise as the Vampire Lestat.

Nuff said.
    Tom Cruise was better as Lestat than 'Stuart Townsaid(send whoever the f*** you wanan call him).'

Stuart Is just a blatently horrible actor. He has no characterization skills.

Spiderman. I just cant put it into words how much they've ruined that for me
    In the scope of comic books made into movies Spiderman and X-men are the ONLY decent ones so far. The casting so far is nothing short of perfect.

Michael Keeton is batman. The only good batman films were TimBurton's.
    The rest were the flying circus on acid. C'mon people Its Gotham City not 'Tron.'

Alltime worst Casting Idea?

Stuart Townsaid(send?) as ANYTHING.

Halle Barry as 'Catwoman' though I think thats more of a plot/costume screw up.

Tommy Lee Jones as 'Two-Face' for two reasons, the film just plain sucked and they pushed the black-evil/white-good thing too far AND they already cast Billy Dee Williams A BLACK MAN as Harvey Dent in the first 2 batman films. Did he pull a Michael Jackson? Anyone else see where I'm going with this?

Steven Segall as ANYTHING. (Ugly Jackets and broken necks anyone?)

Roger Moore as James Bond. Sean Connery and Brosnan are great. Pearce just doesn't get any good scripts as Bond, theres only so amny different Bond flicks they can make.

Theres more I could probably go on forever..

Drakken=HUGE film nerd.

Foxbird's Avatar Member

Anybody who acted in, was involved with, or was otherwise responsible for Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxbird
    Anybody who acted in, was involved with, or was otherwise responsible for Daredevil.
    You know the thing about that, which old Affleck was pretty smart to do, is that he actually wrote a story arc to convince everyone that he understood the character (he did that because of the Kevin Smith connection of course). Really the way to land that one, it would seem. I wonder how Frank Miller feels about that.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Aaliyah as Akasha?????? That was shit. I boycotted that fucking movie, I'm sorry she died, but that movie was an unfunny joke.
    I totally disliked that movie. The casting is only one thing that sucked. The whole movie didn't flow that well for me, I felt like it was a bit choppy. The acting felt like they were trying too hard, and I felt like the depth of the characters wasn't there. I thought there would be more Akasha scenes than there actually was, since the movie was named after her.... but not. The actual Akasha scenes were subpar... I remember it as mindless action and not much depth.

I liked SpiderMan2 but some of the little inconsistensies bugged me. Like even though Doc Ock didn't know Peter Parker was Spiderman, why did he throw that car through the window of that cafe where Peter and Mary Jane were talking? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by gonesavage
    I totally disliked that movie. The casting is only one thing that sucked. The whole movie didn't flow that well for me, I felt like it was a bit choppy. The acting felt like they were trying too hard, and I felt like the depth of the characters wasn't there. I thought there would be more Akasha scenes than there actually was, since the movie was named after her.... but not. The actual Akasha scenes were subpar... I remember it as mindless action and not much depth.

I liked SpiderMan2 but some of the little inconsistensies bugged me. Like even though Doc Ock didn't know Peter Parker was Spiderman, why did he throw that car through the window of that cafe where Peter and Mary Jane were talking? Am I missing something?
    Maybe he didnt like Peter's Report Card?

Beyonce Knowls is not an actress, she's a self proclaimed rap diva. Halle's a decent actress but Catwoman wasn't written with the fan in mind it was written with the "comic books as movies make lots of money" in mind. Tom Cruise, an okay actor, given that you Type-Cast him. Same goes for Keanue Reeves, who will for ever be Ted "Theodore" Logan. Alliyah as Akasha, Bad move. Another case of R&B star thinking she can act. Physically she was beaustiful for the part, she just lacked the depth. Her ability to express herself was a talent called music, not acting. It was choppy casue the rest of the cast wasn't up to par either, and becasue they had to peice the film together after she died, they we'ren't done filming just yet.
    And it's true, Hulk, DareDevil and what was the other one, oh yeah, Van Helsing SUCKED!
    K

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    I agree, but how come you dislike her in that role?
    I dislike when they cast rappers and also hip hop artists in those roles. It just seems odd.
    If you read "Queen of the Damned" it says that Enkil and Akasha came from Mesopotamia......... not too many nubians in ancient Iraq let alone modern Iraq....... they honestly could have done a lot better with someone like Salma Hayek (who is half Iranian) to play that part. Also Lestat never had red hair........... anything else?

I must be the only one that actually liked Daredevil, but then again I only saw it once. Who else has killed movies?............... damn my mind is a blank right now.

Ohh! Selma would have been PERFECT! She's so talented .
    I guess anyhting else that was ruined by a key plaer would be anything Cathrine Zeta Jones is in. she just seems so incredibly shallow...
    K

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Ohh! Selma would have been PERFECT! She's so talented .
    I guess anyhting else that was ruined by a key plaer would be anything Cathrine Zeta Jones is in. she just seems so incredibly shallow...
    K
    I agree, although there may have been some movies that were good that she was in, but I dont know of any of those.

ScarMeBeautiful's Avatar Senior Member

No offence to anyone who would take this as an offence..
    But isn't Cat woman supposed to be white?

Quote Originally Posted by ScarMeBeautiful
    Among other things...
    K

Yes Catwoman is supposed to be white, and I don't know who did the script but they changed Catwoman's real name. Apparently it's not Selena Kyle in the movie, it's something completely different......... and you know what's sad? Warner Bros. can get away with this fucking travesty of a movie because Time Warner fucking owns DC Comics.

Gingerly stepping here. I am not upset so much by the book to movie thing not being close, but the spirit of the character is important to a lot of people. Even if Batman was Mexican and his parents were living somewhere in Baja, it would be upsetting if he looked, acted and pretty much was, just like El Santo (I love Luchadores, way better than American Wrestling well ever be. Where else are you going to find gothic, wrestling, French-style maids?). It be like they just plagarized all the good stuff and put in what they think would sell. It can be sad and discouraging to fans when people still buy into it. League of Extraordinary Gentleman may of seemed great to a lot of people, but Alan Quartermain was not even close, in the opinion of many.

It would just be nice if something, in literature, was more noticeable "more like" the book than "more not" in my opinion.

KristynNicole's Avatar Member

Oh man guys! I love Stuart Townsend! How come you're all bashing him!?? Poor guy. Well I think he was a damn hot vampire.

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

Kirstin Dunst as Mary Jane in the spider-man movies? According to the comics, MJ is supposed to be the hottest supermodel/actress in the world. I just do not see Kirstin as being the epitomy of sex appeal. That is about the only thing that the casters screwed up on.

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Oh man guys! I love Stuart Townsend! How come you're all bashing him!?? Poor guy. Well I think he was a damn hot vampire.
    Hes hot, nuff said, doesnt mean he can act.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarMeBeautiful
    They did that same type of garbage to the Green Lantern.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

oh god there are so many movies i will not see or cant stand to watch because of certain actors...i am soo tired right now, too tired to think... i will say anything with the olsen twins or hillary duff i can't stand... the only movie i like with J.Lo was selena, now i cant stand her...a lot more but i cant think...

but yah, i thought aaliyah was hot in queen of the damned, and so was the guy who played lestat...it could've been casted better but they still made me feel all hot and bothered when they were in the rose petal tub and "change" by the deftones played...*rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    They did that same type of garbage to the Green Lantern.
    I don't mean to be an ass, but John Stewart was the Green Lantern that Hal Jordan trained in the Seventies and pretty much was a Green Lantern all the way up until the mid-nineties. If that is what you mean. And although he was not historically, in the Justice League (he is now), he was pretty much accepted as a Green Lantern. Because unlike Flash, Aquaman, Batman, Wonder Woman or Superman, there is NO ONE Green Lantern. The Green Lantern Corp. is where many, many individuals come from that are all considered Green Lanterns. Plus, back in 1940 about, a blond guy, who was a railroad engineer, called Alan Scott, actually found an odd lantern that he fashioned a ring out of. That was way before any Abin Sur gave Hal Jordan (who is now the Spectre) a ring (back in about '59) to have him be the next Green Lantern of Abin Sur's sector of space. So...

Spock: "What setting should we set our Nerd Blasters to Captain?"
    Kirk: "Set them to high, full nerd power!"

..I apologize, hopefully that will be my last ranting soapbox for a while. You great, wonderful and cool Brightstar. But doing the comic book thing for well over 15 years now, just does something to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by memorydream
    I don't mean to be an ass, but John Stewart was the Green Lantern that Hal Jordan trained in the Seventies and pretty much was a Green Lantern all the way up until the mid-nineties. If that is what you mean. And although he was not historically, in the Justice League (he is now), he was pretty much accepted as a Green Lantern. Because unlike Flash, Aquaman, Batman, Wonder Woman or Superman, there is NO ONE Green Lantern. The Green Lantern Corp. is where many, many individuals come from that are all considered Green Lanterns. Plus, back in 1940 about, a blond guy, who was a railroad engineer, called Alan Scott, actually found an odd lantern that he fashioned a ring out of. That was way before any Abin Sur gave Hal Jordan (who is now the Spectre) a ring (back in about '59) to have him be the next Green Lantern of Abin Sur's sector of space. So...

Spock: "What setting should we set our Nerd Blasters to Captain?"
    Kirk: "Set them to high, full nerd power!"

..I apologize, hopefully that will be my last ranting soapbox for a while. You great, wonderful and cool Brightstar. But doing the comic book thing for well over 15 years now, just does something to ya.
    My apologizes. I thought they had done another crappy remake of a character.

+ Reply to Thread