+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Music

Default Music

Hi there I feel Music thses days is good although i am into the older music like 1970's rock and that. I would love to hear your opinions of music today and what you think of music form the 60's 70's 80's etc....

Mother Superior

Default Re: Music

For myself, I identify with the 70's the most. I love hard rock, heavy metal. My musical tastes are really extreme. I listen to what I like, not necessarily what's popular.

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

I'm not very impressed with the music of today, but instead listen to more 70's rock stuff. Also, I never seem to get tired of old school surf rock...maybe its a product of my being a native desert dweller or something.

I am so glad you asked this question. I hate most mainstream so called music. DEPECHE MODE is #1 in my music world.. Get knowledeable about this excellant group. Go to depechemode.com. Let them show you the world in your eyes.. I also love Pet Shop Boys, Kraftwerk, Doors and Moody Blues. I love AOL radio House Mixes and synth generatrated high energy dance music. I play a synth keyboard, not professionally.

Angel Slayer's Avatar guardian garroter

i'm not very impressed with most of the music in the u.s. today, but i think power metal and black metal are still thriving elsewhere. i'm a huge fan of eighties thrash and speed metal, but the power metal and black metal going on right now (especially demons and wizards!) are what get me really pumped up.

the_plague's Avatar Satanic Guitar

Blackmetal for sure. As a Satanic guitarist what else is to be expected?
    Some of my personal faves:
    Anorexia Nervosa
    Dimmu Borgir
    Immortal
    Hypocrisy
    Darkthrone
    Burzum

Once you're hooked on this stuff, there's no turning back!

BloodredProject2402's Avatar Senior Member

flyleaf,blueoctober,tool,apc,mcr,chevelle,30 seconds to mars,from first to last.....most mainstream stuff......prolly cuz no one listens to rock but me in my family and im never exposed to metal.

BloodredProject2402, we do have things in common. I see you like Blue October. They are on A Different Drum label. One of the oringinal members died. I see they are back again. Blue October are Synth Pop as all bands from A Different Drum label.At age 14, you are a very awared, enlightened person.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

hmmm the state of popular music oday is a sad one, a lot of people i talk too say music made today sucks period, but thats a ridiculous assertion. Theres plenty of good stuff coming out you just have to look harder for it because it isnt on MTV. I dont nessecarily like classifying things by decade because each decade has a whole lot of good and bad music from the 60s Ill say I like the Beatles, Bob Dylanand a lot of Psychedelic stuff (except for jam bands, jam bands are kind of lame) From the 70s I like Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin and almost nthing else until later in the decade when punk started up and I like a lot of music from the punk and post punk period but in general most rock music in the 70s im not a big fan of. the 80s had bvands like Depeche Mode (good band) the Cure (awesome Band) and Tears for Fears (i like them anyway) and then it also had a lot of really bad music like Bon Jovi and Ratt.
    The only bands from the 90s i ever really got into where Green Day (too bad they suck horribly now) Alice in Chains and Nirvana. Everything else in the 90s that was mainstream wasnt too good IMO i especially dislike Nu-Metal and popular Hip-Hop. Thats a breif summary of my opinions on popular music (dont even get me started on underground music).

Shivvenfist's Avatar Senior Member

So, last month, I was talking with a friend of mine, and she told me about this band, Birthday Massacre. She sent me a song, and I haven't really been the same since. It reminded me of the first things I thought and felt when I watched Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' for the first time when I was a teenager. This music is not like a fad for people to go through, or a cult of tool people who "have the secret to maynard". This music makes me think. I think it might do that for you as well.

This band has taken over my musical listening life. This is some of the most thought provoking, emotionally charged, epic sounding stuff I have heard in years.

Alot of the soundscapes they make remind me of scenes from Legend, The Dark Crystal, etc. They are a 'concept' musical project. I have gotten my hands on a cd (mp3) of their songs, as well as an apparently unreleased cover song of the theme from Neverending Story. O...M...G...

Listen to the music on the site itself (the background audio makes me have cold shivers), for an idea what they sound like. It is truly amazing...

http://www.nothingandnowhere.com/flash4.html

There's music being made today that's just as good as anything that's been made in the past. Similarly, a lot of the music that was regarded as somewhat craptastic when it was made has become, over time, rather well-regarded.

Just as people in every era have concern for the future, every era has phenomenal artists.

the site looks cool and veaguely familiar.....too bad my damn speakers dont work -.-.......world in my eyes, i dont know wat a different drum label is but i do know im getting thier new cd this weekend!lol, and thanks for the comment, im glad i have finally glad someone understands me, thanx for being the first.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I like all sorts of stuff, classical, metal, flamenco, industrial.......... on and on

one thing's for sure, Amercan Idol makes me want to vomit!

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

anything that sounds good

i end up listening to music depending on my mood

if im chill its classical

if im just, well normal, its metal, rock etc

if im giddy anything made with humor in mind (ala richard cheese)

angry, nothing, i end up just going to sleep.

every now and then i mix it up, but its usually whatever sounds good

I think Music Is kinda down standard than what it was 20-30 years ago .Yes there are some good tracks today but there are others who shouldn't ever be in the music business as they make a fool of themseves. I am a rock fan. I love rock music form the old days like Queen Slade some ac/dc Kiss etc.... I think music these days needs to get a good kick to get it going again.

not that any of you care.....but my blue october cd(foiled), button, and blueoctober t shirt came in the mail no les than 5 minutes of me typing this!!!!(im so excited)

Quote Originally Posted by BloodredProject2402
    not that any of you care.....but my blue october cd(foiled), button, and blueoctober t shirt came in the mail no les than 5 minutes of me typing this!!!!(im so excited)
    :S i dont know who that is

what style?

haha, there kind of mainstream......its like electric punk, i guess, im not really sure what genre they would be found in exactly....i think world*in*my*eyes put them in a genre somewhere in one of these threads....i dont remember exactly where though

stompy stompy musick...industrial stuff... old TVT and WaxTrax alumni. (TVT is rap/mainstream label now! eep!)
    some synthpop here and there. a lot of it sounds the same to me sometimes.
    then again i listen to phantom of the opera and the wall when i sleep too.

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    I've listened to the The Wall when I was falling to sleep before. There are some beautiful songs on there as well. Vera is great.

i always get freaked out when listening to the wall when i sleep just in one part and its always the part where i start to actually drift off..then then clocks come... DING!!! DING!!!! DONG!!! hehe...fucking bastards :P

Quote Originally Posted by BloodredProject2402
    haha, there kind of mainstream......its like electric punk, i guess, im not really sure what genre they would be found in exactly....i think world*in*my*eyes put them in a genre somewhere in one of these threads....i dont remember exactly where though
    ahh, punk music is usally off my radar, not my thing generally

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    "Godspeed you black emperor" is what i usually listen to while counting sheep

Mother Superior

Godspeed You Black Emperor: Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven That is the only one I have heard so far. It's beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    Godspeed You Black Emperor: Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven That is the only one I have heard so far. It's beautiful.
    ive got
    F#a#oo
    Lift your skinny....
    Slow riot For the new zero kanada
    Yangui U.X.O.

they all follow the same theme, so i can garuntee you will like them all

I pretty much agree with others on how todays music isnt what ic could be in the US, but luckily Ive friends abroad who get me tunes to listen to. currently I listen to The 69 Eyes and Psyclon nine for the most part, tho I do throw some Manson and KISS into the mix. Can t wait till URN brings their album out , and still wish I could get some fresh underground bands music.

ya when you all mention underground bands, i normally have no clue what yall are talking about because i dont have any friends that listen to underground/industrial stuff....with my friends its strictly punk and any form of it.....well, there is one band i know that is underground, bobaflex.....does that ring bells with anyone?

+ Reply to Thread