+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mogwai

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Default Mogwai

Anybody know this group? I saw them Wednesday and they were fucking amazing. Good cd's to pick up for mood and stuff. No singer, all instrumental.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Default Re: Mogwai

They've been going a little over 10 years now, and come from Glasgow (home of the Scottish University of Drunken Violence). Quietly selling and touring for most of that time, but not very well played on air and hardly ever on TV. Looks wise, think student with a slight substance addiction - our A+R once called them "extras from Trainspotting", though last time I saw them they were strangely dressed as eskimos.

Most of their stuff is 'post-rock', with tracks that start as a soothing piano or acoustic melody and add layers until your head throbs - if you want to scratch through samples, try "Mr Beast" on Amazon. They're not entirely instrumental though - there's a handful of tracks floating about with lyrics.

mG

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

all i know is you shouldnt get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Quote Originally Posted by bohoki
    all i know is you shouldnt get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

You don't know how true that is - especially Martin the drummer.

mG

+ Reply to Thread