+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Room Design

Default Room Design

Well, I'll be moving to Tenn. in a week, which means house customization!
    I know my bedroom will definitely have a deep red, hedonistic feel to it and my office, I hope, will have a futuristic, cyber feel to it. Unfortunately for the latter, a lot of specific details of it elude me. I've tried searching the net for assistance, but nothing interesting comes up. Does anyone know of any location for helpful resources, or even have suggestions of their own?
    This will not be a rented home, so it's all basically free game.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Room Design

That sounds really cool and exciting!

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I kind of think the chick from the Horrorpops is involved in a resource for this, but I can't think of the specifics. Dahlia was in a Horrorpops video, so I bet she knows.

when i moved in here, my bathroom looked like it was the 70's. so i took the doors off the cabinets, painted the whole base black, busted the doors through the middle (it was in sections, 2 peices each door) and layed metal tin you get at home depot for 1.65 a sheet. did that with both bottom sink cabinets and the 3 side ones..gives it a cyber modern feel along with the new stainless steel chrome handles i got for them as well.
    im making my home in a cyber home too..so we can trade ideas
    ill take a photo of my bathroom tonight.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

you should make a room into a S&M dungeon. I don't know whether your into that sort of thing or not... but it would just be priceless every time company came over.

actually on second thought, don't do that. I know someone that frequently does that, now they don't have a room, they just always leave misc. appliances laying around on the floor, and after the first time it stops being amusing and just gets creepy.

ok my first tip would be take one wall ,,strip it too studs ,,put in
    A . extra outlets ..numbers r all up to you..
    B. a extra phone jack
    C.a cable modem outlet ,,r 2
    D. run all the new power outlets on a G.F.I fault interrupt ,so all yer Fancy toys dont get fried in a lighting storm,you can get a circuit break type ,or just buy the GFI outlets..
    E. run at lest 1 new line of power for Lighting ,track ,any kind ,recessed, all up too you..
    F.a dimmer switch for you lightin on that wall..it can be wired too other lights too if you want ..
    G.go to your local Fabric's and craft place and look at materials you think like to see or FEEL <hint> on yer walls ...look for stuff thats eazy to clean if you need too..
    H. find some of the different types of new Wall transfers they make now..>you know the big sticker type shit that covers a whole wall .they make all kinds of them ,check im out ,slice those into sections ,and put >glue you can use construction adhesives too hold and glue them inplace Some of the other type materials in between the wall transfers you sliced ,<if you do that ... oh and rember too drywall the wall you torn out ,,r dont all up too you ...

just like i said if ya go to your local hardware ,art>n< crafts ,fabric shopes you can find all sort of stuff ,,,,look in Mag's for some of there back drops and other Prop's they use ,and look online for oddball stuffs ,

just plain go nutz and take your time ,and do it right ...

A

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

ONe of the things I would do is to get some interior design computer programs.. I can't think of any off the op of my head... but I know they exist...

And remeber.. it is always better to plan everything out, then to be changing your mind through revisions during the whole priject.. cause then it will never get done

Quote Originally Posted by Bondage Clown
    ONe of the things I would do is to get some interior design computer programs.. I can't think of any off the op of my head... but I know they exist...

And remeber.. it is always better to plan everything out, then to be changing your mind through revisions during the whole priject.. cause then it will never get done

what he said ,take your time and plan it out

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by Bondage Clown

"The Sims 2"

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

are you looking for a guide..or more of a place to find some cool orignal stuff?

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

www.craftster.org is a great forum for do it yourself stuff.....the ppl on there are pretty damn creative and can definately give ya some pointers for nething

also www.diynetwork.net is a good forum for decorating and stuff

Ah, magnificant. Thanks for helping out guys! I've alreay got a box full of stuff from Home Depot and the craft store. ^_^

And that sounds interesting, Voldta. I'll look forward to the photo.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

black tremclad

Wow.
    Thank you so much, morbid lady. I just spent hours on that forum. You sure weren't exaggerating.

+ Reply to Thread