+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it me?

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Default Is it me?

Or do the blueblood boards seem to be slowing down a little? From fewer pictures being posted to just not that much conversation.

How do you guys think we can recruit new blood here to liven up topics again? I think all the regulars here have pretty much hashed everything out, or at least discussed most topics...

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Is it me?

I dont know, but if anyone wants to send me some nuts im cool with that. I think i just set myself up bad....

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

All online stuff slows down this time of year, every year. There are a million theories for why, but I don't believe it is because we are all at the beach, so who knows why.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Not that I'm opposed to brainstorming cool ways to pull in additional interesting folks.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Yeah...i'll have more interesting things to discuss after the summer. I'm dying of heat at the moment.

amelia's right... this time of year nobodys ever online.. we usually get around 5-6 orders a week but this is our slow time for the next month or so.. it starts picking up around august until after christmas.. its the summer..people want to do other things than be online (except me, i have no life

brainstorming ideas...hrmm...hold another contest? promote it though myplace. thats what i did to draw in more customers when i held the riddle contest last year

humm well BBQ's and stuff happening now ,and fireworks ya know
    hehe, i see most on late now and not so much during the day ..
    but im always on really .
    just hiding from trolls and stalkerz

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

hah well on the other side of the world its winter right now... so they have no excuse to go to the beach :P
    i wanna go to the beach...

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

most of my free time goes to working on the house these days so I dont have much time but yeah it is a little slow....

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Now that's not fair, I'm not basking on the beach (not that I would) but I have this thing that requires me to be there every morning at nine till when ever they feel like sending me home and then I've got house work so that's why I'm not here but at midnight.

If I had a wad of stickders, seeing as how I work in a cyber cafe, I could get some people in here...
    K

i dont to the beach well ,im very white like right now .
    hell had a hard time just doing the cook out stuff at a freinds today.

im kinda a night person myself,but ass of late peeps and freinds are dragin me out into the sun .i dont really like it ,but i enjoy being around my freind and peeps i've not seen in a few .

hah hey beaches are great at night too! just sit there and cuddle with someone yum!

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Reason 2 and 3 that the boards are slow

WoW. Either because they're busy playing or becasue some one else is tying up the machine playing World of Warcraft. As it is I must now turn over the keys to the warlock lord who will raid some obscure thingy with his aussie server buddies. *sigh* the Life of a WoW widow is depressing, espcially when his playing prevents mine!
    K

hehee dont worry keiko... im an everquest widow... hehe jamies addicted! all you need is your own little computer and all shall be well

lol ,hehe
    thats why i play Dark Age of Camelot ,-DAOC
    i dont like EQ ,havent played it in 7 yrs
    yet to try WoW ,and they got a 10 free trail thing going on,,
    but even then ,ive slowed down on Dark Age as it is ..
    but i know ALOT of EQ and WoW widows,,and there's a support grp thing just like for AA..just so ya know

hehe

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

that game sucks. they took out everything cool about warcraft and just left in the stupid stuff, now it's just is like the sims with goblins. I don't want to wander around in "real time". who gives a shit? I want to command massive armies to destroy fortresses and annihilate my enemies.

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Whats with everyone playing WoW?????? I swear ive lost contact with many a friend to that game. When it comes to the PC ill just stick to my Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 thank you very much, and all the hardcore stuff on my 360 and Live

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

I thinks it's just cus im posting more than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Reason 2 and 3 that the boards are slow

WoW. Either because they're busy playing or becasue some one else is tying up the machine playing World of Warcraft. As it is I must now turn over the keys to the warlock lord who will raid some obscure thingy with his aussie server buddies. *sigh* the Life of a WoW widow is depressing, espcially when his playing prevents mine!
    K
    9 times out of 10, I'm tabbed over on BlueBlood from WoW, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    that game sucks. they took out everything cool about warcraft and just left in the stupid stuff, now it's just is like the sims with goblins. I don't want to wander around in "real time". who gives a shit? I want to command massive armies to destroy fortresses and annihilate my enemies.
    i heard that from alot of peeps i know ,most quit and whent back to other games ,some stayed .

i dont think it's for me tho..i heard the PvP and other stuff suck.

Just what i heard .

Mother Superior

Jax,
    I am glad you brought this up. I don't post this response to anyone in general and in no way am I trying to be rude but I am going to tell you what I think. After two years, it takes time to think of a topic. I do a search before I post anything because I am trying not to repeat myself or what we have discussed at least recently. I haven't noticed a slow down in particular. I have noticed that not everyone posts topics, for whatever reason. It takes all of us to keep this board going. It's enough that you post your opinions but if there are no new topics... the obvious question would be: How often do I make a new topic? Topics are needed to keep people interested. I look at each topic/question as people wanting to know what I personally think, through this we learn from each other and about who each one of us is. I have no idea how to get more people to join. I don't know if they would have any fresh ideas. Maybe we have all gotten too comfortable but I think that's a good thing. I just enjoy Blue Blood for what it is, mostly very decent people. We have a good group here.

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Amelia is correct on that all online stuff slows down this time of year. Every forum I go too has slowed down tremendously. Who knows why. I know for myself, I've been a bit stir crazy and have a hard time sitting down for long periods of time at the computer.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

It'd be interesting to know what the poster-to-lurker ratio is on here.. there must be a small army of "zero posts" profiles, but the first step to modelling a community for marketing is to find out why members don't contribute, as the same reasons will be dissuading new people from registering.

I've been doing this for way too many years, and to be perfectly honest BB is unusual as far as boards are concerned. I love the place, don't get me wrong, but there's what - 20 people who have all the conversations?

One thing I like about the place (apart from the regulars who put up with me) is the lack of a driver. For a forum devoted to an event, a band, a hobby, etc that drives the posts - the next CD, reviews of the last one, the weather for next week, the best way to stuff your llama into an SUV... BlueBlood is a community of 'like-minded' people but with a thousand different potential drivers. Not all of us care about music, fashion, religion, politics, or llamas. Maybe that makes newbies more reticent to post threads as they don't know if their topic will 'fit in'.

A community in an online forum is no different to a group of people in a real-world venue, but they tend to fall into two types - the bar and the senate. Both have three broad classes of people - regulars (who feel comfortable to be themselves and share views without fear of rejection), newbies (who want to be regulars, but are still finding their feet and so are more guarded about speaking out), and visitors (who don't intend, or want, to fit in and so either lurk, or annoy.)

A 'bar' model says that the regulars group together as they have more shared history and interest in each other, but only rarely will they talk so loud everyone else listens. The lurkers are just individual and transient, and aren't interested in following the rules. The newbies float about and try to pick a group of regulars they feel they can latch on to, and so dip in and out of conversations but try not to be thumped for it. Newbies form their own groups and discussions, where they feel equality and comfort. In an online forum this means that there are many simultaneous groups of threads, only some started by the regulars, and quite a few with no regulars in at all (because when one arrives, the newbies get scared off).

In a senate model, almost all the conversation is from the regulars, amongst the regulars. Newbies contribute, but carefully and only when they feel they can 'show their skill' to the regulars. Lurkers barrack or stay silent, but hardly anyone starts a conversation except the regulars, as the atmosphere comes entirely from the regulars and not from any 'weekly agenda'.

An established online forum *usually* starts as a senate, and converts into a bar as people join. You end up with a bubble of conversations but distinct herds of members. Of course the regulars post more frequently as they are present more frequently, but you can see the newbies 'doing their own thing'. If it doesn't convert, it usually implies that the regulars are overpowering the atmosphere because there's nothing else to do. In the senate model, you come and listen to the guy speaking - in the bar model you come for the quiz, the beer and to have repeated arguments about the same thing over and over, but the regulars are almost drowned out unless you listen for them. The atmosphere is set by the barkeep, not the clientele, and a lot of things are weekly repeats which the regulars are bored of, but the barkeep knows will entertain the newbies.

I'll leave you to work out which model applies to BB.

mG

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

very well put

I find this place a lot like a few local bars I've known

lol and i dont drink ,i;m here for the atmostphere..

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    we usually get around 5-6 orders a week but this is our slow time for the next month or so.. it starts picking up around august until after christmas.. its the summer..people want to do other things than be online (except me, i have no life
    Wow that sounds like the place I work. Haha. We went like 2 days last week without a single interweb order.

Hah. The internet has off seasons! I never would have thought. Summer is too hot, though. If anything, I'd imagine that's be an on season, so to speak. But, not to be silly, I understand other parts of the globe are different. ^^

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

it also depends on how bored i am in real life...

right now i have been pretty upbeat and doing alot of stuff in the real world going out visiting friends working a full time job as well as working on school stuff(no summer classes for me)

so yeah...right now when i visit i stick to conversations that catch my eye and only reply when i have something worth saying(or i'm actually in a mood to write) i spend alot more time just skimming and if someone responded already similar enough to my thoughts i just let it go.

so yeah i do feel like i'm in lurker status but then occasionaly i will jump out and say hi!

so i guess the only way to get more action is to have more interesting topics to read and respond to.
    which is hard for me b/c I already have ******* and livejournal that i through most of my ideas down on (b/c i have real life friends there) here i will post when i have something that i think screams blue blood, or someone in particular.

i guess that means my net presence is spread a little to thin i will try to be better

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

This time of year is when generally get back into action but yeah it definately faster moving during the rest of the year. I'm actually doing summer classes but only 2 versus the usual 3 and got myself in a Domme/sub relationship so I think I'll be here more posting things anyways lol.

more pictures of Jax... Scar... Sunkarma... um.... yes more pictures would bring people...

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    more pictures of Jax... Scar... Sunkarma... um.... yes more pictures would bring people...
    You do realize that BlueBlood.com has new pictures every day, right?

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Yes there are always more pictures.. but there aren't any midgets... *sniff* *sniff*

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

i think bondage clown will agree with me on this:

i think bridget the midget should become the next blueblood girl!

i've heard she's pretty punk/goth and i know she has some awesome tattoo's

if not a full fledge BB girl at least do an interview

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

ya, just a hectic time of year for me personally. so many weddings, birthdays, BBQs, baseball games, concerts, festivals, work, normal hobbies.... i just dont have anything left to contribute a lot of nights.

but i still love everyone here. except toe cutter.... I still cant get that disgusting mental image out of my head that he posted in the Strippers thread on the erotic board ::shiver:: seriously dude, that was nasty! dont post it here or we'll get the boot.

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

I say we try to bring back the old ones instead!

Jax, how about me and you double team and try to drag sindel chaos back?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Settle down now...

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Lol, I think if there are two of us, she might give in and come back;p

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Quote Originally Posted by skully
    i think bondage clown will agree with me on this:

i think bridget the midget should become the next blueblood girl!

i've heard she's pretty punk/goth and i know she has some awesome tattoo's

if not a full fledge BB girl at least do an interview

HOOORAY>.. WOOOT... umm.. gotta go... I need to eat something

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

strangely enough I actually WAS at the beach at the time of this thread lol. Although, yeah I really have noticed a slow in activity the last couple months

kshearsedriver's Avatar resident nut

it's "hot rod season" here..........i don't have a garage to work in so most of the projects hardly get touched during the cold/wet months......so once it gets warm i spend alot of time outside working after i get off from hell er um i mean the day job......then by the time i wander inside i'm usually on the way to the bed to get up too early the next morning to go back to hell and start the whole thing over again.......and find time to spend with the family in the middle of everything........i do stop in when i get a chance though just to make sure i haven't missed anything major

+ Reply to Thread