+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I the only one who does this?

Mother Superior

Default Am I the only one who does this?

When I am laying with a person and we are sleeping if I wake up,I watch them sleep. The body looks so still and I picture them as if they are dead at times. It doesn't matter who it is. I just think of how peaceful they look and picture them in a casket or on a morgue slab. My therapists in the past have said it is a way for me to psychologically handle and prepare for their death in the future.

Default Re: Am I the only one who does this?

no i use to freak my ex out by doing that ,but hey she was very good lookin ,so what the hell..never thought of her dead ..........

hummm..... opps nvm

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I dont think I've ever seen anyoneone sleeping in a position that would look like they would fit into a casket

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    I dont think I've ever seen anyoneone sleeping in a position that would look like they would fit into a casket
    Hehe.. I am one person no one could picture that way. I sleep on my face with my hands closed tucked under my chest.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

the first image that came to my mind was someone 'thrown' onto the slab on CSI

speakin of sleep i need some

Sorry Mirren, I think your tops but that would freak me out.

If I woke up and had a girl staring at me, I'd get pretty spooked. I'd say to her 'what in the fuck are you doing?' and when she told me she was watching me sleep, I'd ask why. Upon hearing whatever crazy answer she had I would want to get the fuck out of there... I'd make a diversion like throwing a glass ashtray across the room, and at that same moment throw a blanket over her face as I made my escape by leaping out the window.

Mother Superior

ToeCutter,
    I guess I should have been more specific on the time duration. I only look for a few moments... no more than 5 minutes or so.... I need my sleep too. People are so beautiful and vulnerable when they are sleeping they remind me of little toddlers too.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

yeah a bit odd... but people are really pretty when they sleep
    especially 3 year olds that snore like my cousin haha!

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

alright i'll say something that would get me in trouble:

i stare at people when they sleep because they usualy look horrible..
    and a while back i figured out why..

i'm really big on personality. a person's smile and character has a big part in how attractive i view them... so when they are sleeping sure they may look peaceful but they are also lifeless... taking away a major part of what i find attractive in them.. thus they look more un-attractive, and i stare to examine this new perspective on this person.

I used to sleep with some who if she awoke while I was watching her sleep got very nervous & tell me not to do it. I believe people look very natural when asleep as they are generally relaxed and not trying to be in a pose.

You can watch them breathing and look at their whole body which some people are abit selfconscious about.

+ Reply to Thread