+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: How old is too old to go clubbing?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default How old is too old to go clubbing?

A professional board I sometimes visit just had a thread about how old is too old to go clubbing. I don't think most of them go to the same clubs I would. Does anyone here think there is an age cutoff? I think there will always be people who think that dyed hair or dramatic makeup or loud music mean you are 12, but I think they are off base.

Default Re: How old is too old to go clubbing?

There is no age limit to that.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Depends on the club...creepy guy in his 40's hanging out at a club for 20 somethings can be odd...but for the most part if you're comfortable in the place and you don't stick out like a sore thumb...it's timeless.

Like that old lady who use to hang out at Studio 54...that's awesome.

as long as you can move go for it.......:bannana:

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

their isnt an age limit as long as you have fun and enjoy yaself then why should you worry if you stick out or what other people think of you

Will Judy's Avatar Senior Member

I always hated clubbing, and I thought it was because it made me feel old. Looking back, I think it's really because I hate socializing in situations where it's mandatory to be having fun! and looking cool! because we're such freaks!

It occurs to me that clubbing made me feel old because I had a total Old Guy attitude (which I have finally grown into). If you have a young attitude or if you just like clubbing for some reason, then go clubbing by all means. It will annoy judgemental little brats, which is a worthy goal.

memorydream's Avatar Sage

When you're dead.
    -or-
    Go to a country bar and tell me what you think. (Hee, hee, I dare you, well, some of you.)

Mother Superior

You're never too old to do what you want to do. I don't understand why age is such an issue with this society. Most people don't even act their age, me included. If I wanted to go to a club I will go, no one will say shit to me, lol , that's for sure. I don't like club atmosphere's , it's too many assholes in one room for my taste.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

i dont know... i think its really funny and disturbing when i see people over 50 at raves...i dont know, i guess it depends what club and what your intention of being there is. i think at some point people must grow up and mature.

Mother Superior

bre.star: you aren't supposed to have fun after 50 or? Also, why do you care what anyone else is doing? Age discrimination is bullshit. When you get older, you will be discriminated by your age, then you can try on the shoe and see if it fits.

i guess you're right... i know i'd like to be in my 50's and still wanting to go out and have fun... ive been discriminated against for my age... that's why i got a fake ID

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptic_Messiah
    their isnt an age limit as long as you have fun and enjoy yaself then why should you worry if you stick out or what other people think of you
    I totally agree. Recently I went to a local BDSM club for the first time, there I saw an old (and I mean OLD) woman, at least 80, proudly walking around, cane in one hand, dick leash attached to her slave, both smiling ear to ear.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

My grandmother goes clubbing, granted she's a foxy grandma, but she goes with her husband (who's younger than my dad) apparently she had a blast of a time when she was living in Spain.

But there's really no age limit........ like Tequila said, unless you're the creepy 40 something at a 20 something club

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    My grandmother goes clubbing, granted she's a foxy grandma, but she goes with her husband (who's younger than my dad) apparently she had a blast of a time when she was living in Spain.

But there's really no age limit........ like Tequila said, unless you're the creepy 40 something at a 20 something club
    Time and place is important. I wish we weren't so youth and age obsessed in this country, it cuts off a lot of people from actually knowing each other. I talked to a Vietnam Vet about what it was like then and he gets an update on what he may not know now. Friends are friends, regardless, I guess. This you "in" or "out" thing is old!

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

I think it doesn't matter what age you are, if we are only talking about age. I've been to raves and seen guys in thier 70s bopping along, smiling ear to ear. It makes me happy to see that because it's an inspiration to me. Partying doesn't have to stop when you're 40. It reminds me that it's not so bad getting older, and some of the older folks have wild stories to tell.

On the other hand, if we're talking about behavior, such as perverts at a rave-- that's more of a behavioral problem than an age problem.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

How old you are is all in your head. Time is relative. Postcoital talks to us often from the land f tomorrow, but we share the same moments. Old is how you feel, not a number. Granted a 40/50 somthing person at a 18+ club is kinda weird as most of the 18+ clubs are 18 -27 (ish), but I don't think you're ever to old to go "clubbing".
    K

"If it's too loud, You're too old."

[QUOTE=Tequila Zaire]Depends on the club...creepy guy in his 40's hanging out at a club for 20 somethings can be odd...but for the most part if you're comfortable in the place and you don't stick out like a sore thumb...it's timeless.
    Like that old lady who use to hang out at Studio 54...that's awesome.

Hey on behalf on 40sumthing lechers-(Nicholson, Donald Trump,Errol Flynn- Hugh Hefner, Pierce Bronson, et. al) I shall formally protest -lol!- I was at a club last week- although I did get carded- so genetically I look much younger (redheads do)- It would depend - yes- on the crowd- in LA -there's a wider age range..especially with Goth-Glam- Punk--
    Alas though - as I sadly observed at the dorkey club last week - most of you average clubs are indeed early 20s and the psychology is just one step beyond high school-- Oscar Wilde was right- 'youth is wasted on the young)
    Pedar

Quote Originally Posted by keiko

"If it's too loud, You're too old."
    i like that clever

If the music sucks -then you'll notice how loud it is...not the awesome rock I like- (but hey don't mess up my pacemaker girlie)
    P.
    Quote Originally Posted by bre.star
    i like that clever

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by pedar
    <snip>
    Hey on behalf on 40sumthing lechers-(Nicholson, Donald Trump,Errol Flynn- Hugh Hefner, Pierce Bronson, et. al) <snip>Pedar
    Pedar, i'm sure you're a wonderful lech, but i just have to say i find all the men you just named to be incredibly disgusting. To each his own and all that, but i'd rather look at a pic of old goatse, than see Nicholson and Boyle together.

~Histrionica~

Quote Originally Posted by Histrionica
    Pedar, i'm sure you're a wonderful lech, but i just have to say i find all the men you just named to be incredibly disgusting. To each his own and all that, but i'd rather look at a pic of old goatse, than see Nicholson and Boyle together.

I've been a equal opportunity non-ageist lech all my life - even as a teen lusting after Faye Dunaway and Barbara Bain (Mission:Impossible)-
    You think P. Bronson-J. Bond disgusting? And Boyle is around my age- so there's not that big a diff...
    What did you think of Bill Clinton?
    P.

~Histrionica~

AEstud's Avatar Member

It's all about how old your attitude is...keep it young and happy, and the club doors will fly open for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedar
    I've been a equal opportunity non-ageist lech all my life - even as a teen lusting after Faye Dunaway and Barbara Bain (Mission:Impossible)-
    You think P. Bronson-J. Bond disgusting? And Boyle is around my age- so there's not that big a diff...
    What did you think of Bill Clinton?
    P.
    I don't think i'm particularly ageist - likely somewhat though. The men that you named just put off this really sleezy vibe, IMO. And Bill Clinton even more so.

Sometimes an age difference doesn't seem so noticeable, and other times... it's just icky. :P

~Histrionica~

I don't think i'm particularly ageist - likely somewhat though. The men that you named just put off this really sleezy vibe, IMO. And Bill Clinton even more so.

Sometimes an age difference doesn't seem so noticeable, and other times... it's just icky. :P

Hey give it a few years..and 'icky' won't seem so icky..btw I used to work with a woman who was in Led Zeppelin' s entourage - she looked like the grandma of this 19 yr old rock kid she married..
    P.

~Histrionica~

Gothickitty's Avatar Meow, Listen to me Purrrr

I'm 29 and I get shit from some people telling me I am too old to go to clubs. I just started going to clubs this year in Janurary. I have so much fun. I don't plan on ever stopping having fun no matter how old I am. It's all about how old you feel and act!

Hey give it a few years..and 'icky' won't seem so icky..btw I used to work with a woman who was in Led Zeppelin' s entourage - she looked like the grandma of this 19 yr old rock kid she married..
    P.
    You may be right, pedar. I am 37 years old, though. Not as young as you may have thought. I definitely think that what 2 consenting adults do is their business. I also have no judgment to make about how old is too old to be clubbing - as long as you want to go, you should be free to do so. I think it is just a personal preference issue when i get creeped out by seeing people like Nicholson and Boyle together. But then i'm not the one with that creepy old bugger laying on top of me; so i'm happy.

~Histrionica~
    P.S. Thanks for the pm, pedar.

Vaughn's Avatar Walking Sucker Punch...
    Remember that hole you dug in the yard that time?

When your kids tell you to go ahead without them that they have an early day at the office.

and your little dog too

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn
    When your kids tell you to go ahead without them that they have an early day at the office.
    That's funny, Vaughn.

I thought I was born too old. Then I discovered Blue Blood - the magazine, not the site - and I realized that I just needed to find the right people and places and I would be excited about nightlife.

You may be right, pedar. I am 37 years old, though. Not as young as you may have thought. I definitely think that what 2 consenting adults do is their business. I also have no judgment to make about how old is too old to be clubbing - as long as you want to go, you should be free to do so. I think it is just a personal preference issue when i get creeped out by seeing people like Nicholson and Boyle together. But then i'm not the one with that creepy old bugger laying on top of me; so i'm happy.
    ~Histrionica~
    P.S. Thanks for the pm, pedar.
    --

You're welcome..- - btw I think you're younger than Boyle-I'm 40sumthing..and actually don't think much abt. 'clubbing' (that term didn't even exist when I was actively going to them-we called them 'bars') -anyway unless it's a place where my (our?) age group goes -I remember an old girlfriend being freaked that I was in a club when I was 30!-
    so are there any 'young buggers' you like?-cheerio P.

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    That's funny, Vaughn.

I thought I was born too old. Then I discovered Blue Blood - the magazine, not the site - and I realized that I just needed to find the right people and places and I would be excited about nightlife.
    I wouldn't know...more of a pub man than club crawler myself. I'd rather sit in a dark room sippin a pint that glowing in the dark drinking out of a plastic cup.

and your little dog too

Pub or club, you are still talking about nightlife.

K_SyniculOne's Avatar Member

I agree with most of the posts --- age is in the mind! Then again, sometimes the best bet is to go to clubs where you know that there might be people your age to gather around the dance floor or bars. That's what I usually do...I make it a habit to go to places where I know 30somethings (who are into the dark industrial/alternative music) hang out. There are plenty of places if you do the searching. It reduces the old "OH MY GOD I DON'T FIT IN WITH THIS CROWD" mentality. Another solution to clubbing : Have your own parties at your friends' homes...you don't have to worry about who is hitting on you, what time you have to leave, or "old farts" pinching your ass. Sad how as we get older, there is so much alienation just because of a number.

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    Pub or club, you are still talking about nightlife.
    Unless I drink all afternoon.

--

You're welcome..- - btw I think you're younger than Boyle-I'm 40sumthing..and actually don't think much abt. 'clubbing' (that term didn't even exist when I was actively going to them-we called them 'bars') -anyway unless it's a place where my (our?) age group goes -I remember an old girlfriend being freaked that I was in a club when I was 30!-
    so are there any 'young buggers' you like?-cheerio P.
    Most of my friends are older than i am, but that wasn't a conscious choice or anything. Now that work nights in bars, i'm meeting a younger crowd - which is also fine with me. I notice attractive people regardless of age, but sometimes finding out their age can cool my "ardor" a bit. As far as clubbing goes, as long as you can keep up with me on the dance floor then it's cool.

The youngest boy to catch my eye recently was Orlando Bloom... but that's only as Legolas. Oops, i think i just outed myself as a nerd.

The semi-famous person i find the hottest right now is Tony Bourdain, who hosts a cooking show called "A Cook's Tour". That man is so wicked hot i can barely stand it.

~Histrionica~

You are too old when you don't look good enough.

Eternal throes's Avatar Senior Member

As long as you can still move and can exuberate being senil in a positive way.... Its great to see older people at clubs so long as their presence there isn't the effect of a mid-life crisis. When I see people in their late 30s at goth/industrial clubs still in complete garb I cant help but feel conforted because it further validates the very life style it self. In my opinion if your an annoying old person you were probably and annoying young person. So in truth its all a matter of personal preference, not age. I can only hope to spend my time aging in clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by K_SyniculOne
    I agree with most of the posts --- age is in the mind! Then again, sometimes the best bet is to go to clubs where you know that there might be people your age to gather around the dance floor or bars. That's what I usually do...I make it a habit to go to places where I know 30somethings (who are into the dark industrial/alternative music) hang out. There are plenty of places if you do the searching. It reduces the old "OH MY GOD I DON'T FIT IN WITH THIS CROWD" mentality. Another solution to clubbing : Have your own parties at your friends' homes...you don't have to worry about who is hitting on you, what time you have to leave, or "old farts" pinching your ass. Sad how as we get older, there is so much alienation just because of a number.
    Guys still pinch asses?..I thought that went out with Reagan actually the last ass pinching thing I had anything to do with was having a girl pinch mine way back when -then another one slapped mine at a party- I do have a great one if I do say so myself..but I'll be honest when I was looped I slapped the ass of a lead singer of a band while they were playing..and she was like 'whatever' -take my advice don't be a drunk P.

Quote Originally Posted by bre.star
    i like that clever

thanks bre.star that's why they let me work in The Biz-P.

[QUOTEf. In my opinion if your an annoying old person you were probably and annoying young person. So in truth its all a matter of personal preference, not age. I can only hope to spend my time aging in clubs.[/QUOTE]

No I was an annoying young drunk little fuck --but now I' m aged to fucking perfection --I wanna go back in time and bitch slap me around...P.

Quote Originally Posted by incog
    You are too old when you don't look good enough.

Oh gosh then i'm still young then - I'm like Elizabeth Taylor-but much thinner-
    P.

+ Reply to Thread