+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: is suicide ever justifiable

Default is suicide ever justifiable

i think so.....sometimes you just know when enough is enough...

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: is suicide ever justifiable

yes definately, as hard as it is on other people it just has to happen because theres no other way out

when you're done you're done

Depends on the situation.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

My body. My choice.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

As long as I'm not the one cleaning up the mess...sure.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Depends on the reasoning. If it's just cause you broke up with a significant other, no. If its because the entire rest of your family died in a plane crash and you are unemployable or whatever, maybe. It could be justified, circumstances pending...
    K

Mother Superior

Well, I know someone who just committed suicide in the last month so, I suppose no one really has much say in it but for the person doing it. He didn't consult anyone, and I suppose he didn't feel he had to. It was what he wanted apparently. To me, it's a personal choice but everyone that cared about that person gets cheated. I don't have ill feelings toward him though some of the other's think he took the easy way out. Throwing yourself in front of a moving subway train, isn't easy and I am sure he thought long and hard about his decision.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

if you're not in a sane mental state i think it can be justified...as well as if you're in pain dying from a disease like cancer, i believe euthenasia (sp?) should be an option if thats something you want to do

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    My body. My choice.
    I second that.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I know of a person that commited suicide because his D+D character that he had had for 3 years had died........ that's unjustifiable..... However if I have a chronic disease that there's no cure for and every waking moment is agonizing pain, I'd want death.

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    I know of a person that commited suicide because his D+D character that he had had for 3 years had died........ that's unjustifiable.....
    Okay, that's.. sick. But 3 years is a long time.. All my rpg characters died after a short while, because they kept doing stupid things, like drinking games with barbarians, fighting without pants, etc. Stupid assholes :\

tommygunn666's Avatar In A Dream Tilll I Die!!!

never justifed
    hard life do something to make it better
    partner broke up with you get over it
    nothing that a person can get over
    and yes i tried it and im still here and it makes you think of all the shit you didnt get to do yet so again no

tommygunn666

Quote Originally Posted by tommygunn666
    never justifed
    hard life do something to make it better
    partner broke up with you get over it
    nothing that a person can get over
    and yes i tried it and im still here and it makes you think of all the shit you didnt get to do yet so again no

tommygunn666
    People who try to commit suicide and yet survive, didn't really want to die, just needed some attention. If someone really sees no more sense in life, and desperately wants to end it, they will succeed.
    Since you brought the example, I guess you did it because someone broke up with you. Troubles in relationships wouldn't be a reason to me. Actually, I think people who really commit suicide, don't have a special single reason to do it. It's rather that one's life is fucked up, and in the end, there's the last straw, and other people usually take that as the reason, the person commited suicide.
    Godmotherfuckingdammit, I lost my english. I should probably go back to bed :\

tommygunn666's Avatar In A Dream Tilll I Die!!!

Quote Originally Posted by postcoital
    People who try to commit suicide and yet survive, didn't really want to die, just needed some attention. If someone really sees no more sense in life, and desperately wants to end it, they will succeed.
    Since you brought the example, I guess you did it because someone broke up with you. Troubles in relationships wouldn't be a reason to me. Actually, I think people who really commit suicide, don't have a special single reason to do it. It's rather that one's life is fucked up, and in the end, there's the last straw, and other people usually take that as the reason, the person commited suicide.
    Godmotherfuckingdammit, I lost my english. I should probably go back to bed :\
    nope just snapped. no one knew what was going to happen hard to explain i was very pissed driving 80 and snapped and jerked the wheel to the right hit a wall
    total my truck
    and lived and
    no i never wear my seat belt
    saved by my airbag they say was unconsius
    cant Expain why something inside snapped like someone else took over

Okay, but if "something just snapped", it's not really that you tried to kill yourself, right? Sometimes, when I'm pissed, something snaps inside me too, and I punch the wall for no special reason. Sometimes I also use people's faces for that. That doesn't mean I especially hate them, it's just that they're there and I'm currently pissed.

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

i tried to kill myself - i jumped in front of a car when i was 16, no note, no explanation. it was a serious attempt. now that i am happy i'm glad that i didn't succeed, but when i'm low all i think is 'one inch to the left'. i spent six months planning the bugger, then had to sit through another six of the xtian union saying'god saved you for a reason'

if i ever do it again i'll try something a little surer - for full details clicky http://journals.aol.co.uk/vixtadot/DaVixta/ and scroll to 'one inch to the left'

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Just think though, and inch to the rihgt and you would have missed compleatly...
    K

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

lol - fair point. i would have shattered my entire upper arm though - i just have a nice 6"scar on my shoulder at the mo

Gothickitty's Avatar Meow, Listen to me Purrrr

YES, I think anyone has a right to take thier own life, but I don't think it is fair to who they leave behind

Vempyrik's Avatar (Advocatus diaboli)

just let the people take themselevs out,,,

corachaos's Avatar Dorky Girl

It's selfish, small minded, and lazy.
    ...and if you try and don't succeed,
    your a looser at that too.

(Been there, done that, fucked up the t-shirt)

On the other hand, if you have a disease that is going to affect your quality of life, there should be a shop that you could go to, have a nice coctail and flip your own switch.

I know some people aren't equipt with good coping skills, but there is always a way out, without checking out.

*thows down 2 cents*

Mekahoel The Pandafist's Avatar Cold, wet and hungry

I'd say no. But then, I'm a bit of a paranoid type person, with a little infiriority (fucking english-can't spell) complex, so it's all "they win that way" type with me. However, a cousin of mine decided to eat shotgun barrel in November, so I may be just prejudiced still. Ask me again in May.

I see suicide as a form of Darwins Theory of Evolution -=- Natural Selection.
    Only the strong shall survive. LIFE SUCKS..Sometimes its really hard to get by and suicide to some is the easy way out..I see them as the weak. The ones of us who choose to push through the tough times are the strong.

I also speak from experiance. I contemplated suicide about 4 years ago when my life turned to shit and nothing was going right for me..Suicide looked like an easy way to end all the shit that was being laid down on me. I made it all the way through the 5th of Jack Daniels and had the shotgun under my chin loaded with Buckshot so I wouldnt have any chance of survival.
    As I was saying my good byes I got to thinking about all the good things, and then the thought of Fuck the World Ran through my head and I unloaded the gun..

It took me a while to get over the fact of how weak I had became and ever since then I have been stronger than ever...I let nothing get in my way..

People just need to find the strength inside themselves before they go the other route and put a bullet in themselves..THERE IS MORE TO LIVE FOR THAN YOU THINK..But the people who go ahead and do it I have no remorse. Its kinda cold but I see it as one more person out of my way to the top. One more person I dont have to walk around to get to where ever I am going...

It may be wrong but I dont kare.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothickitty
    YES, I think anyone has a right to take thier own life, but I don't think it is fair to who they leave behind
    yes this is want I was going to say...you end up damaging your surviving family...I've seen this happen so many times.. We are social creatures and we are always part of a bigger picture.
    Only if say one has a terminal illness or something...would it be okay..
    P.

"Man has the right to live by his own law-- to die when and how he will.

Aleister Crowley

"I accept the above as fact. There are no rules prescribed here. No prerequisite standards that must be first be adhered to in order for the act (of suicide) to be justified, save that the individual is willing to dissolve his/her physical existence.

Quote Originally Posted by -=Asmodeus=-
    I see suicide as a form of Darwins Theory of Evolution -=- Natural Selection.
    Only the strong shall survive. LIFE SUCKS..Sometimes its really hard to get by and suicide to some is the easy way out..I see them as the weak. The ones of us who choose to push through the tough times are the strong.

I also speak from experiance. I contemplated suicide about 4 years ago when my life turned to shit and nothing was going right for me..Suicide looked like an easy way to end all the shit that was being laid down on me. I made it all the way through the 5th of Jack Daniels and had the shotgun under my chin loaded with Buckshot so I wouldnt have any chance of survival.
    As I was saying my good byes I got to thinking about all the good things, and then the thought of Fuck the World Ran through my head and I unloaded the gun..

It took me a while to get over the fact of how weak I had became and ever since then I have been stronger than ever...I let nothing get in my way..

People just need to find the strength inside themselves before they go the other route and put a bullet in themselves..THERE IS MORE TO LIVE FOR THAN YOU THINK..But the people who go ahead and do it I have no remorse. Its kinda cold but I see it as one more person out of my way to the top. One more person I dont have to walk around to get to where ever I am going...

It may be wrong but I dont kare.
    It needs some balls to kill your self....

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I dunno what to say, I have tried to kill myself more then once and am glad that I dind't succede and coal cocktails are no fun even if you think having black shit is. Truth is I am glad I am alive, maybe this world sucks and maybe the pain n my heart gest to me somedays but then there are days I wouldn't trade for anything or anyone. as for the choice thing it is your choice but sometimes you gotta stand back and look at the situation...there is ver little in ths life worth dieing for as for illness I think people who are sufferng should have the digintiy of dying with the least amount of pain possible. This world s bad and it's ugly our intelligence scremas for the wrongs to be righted and the truth to be told yet we se nothing but mediocracy and apathy...we want to be alive yet we feel dead, we want to be in the arms of a lover yet we are in the jaws of haters....but tommorow will be my day.

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    I dunno what to say, I have tried to kill myself more then once and am glad that I dind't succede and coal cocktails are no fun even if you think having black shit is. Truth is I am glad I am alive, maybe this world sucks and maybe the pain n my heart gest to me somedays but then there are days I wouldn't trade for anything or anyone. as for the choice thing it is your choice but sometimes you gotta stand back and look at the situation...there is ver little in ths life worth dieing for as for illness I think people who are sufferng should have the digintiy of dying with the least amount of pain possible. This world s bad and it's ugly our intelligence scremas for the wrongs to be righted and the truth to be told yet we se nothing but mediocracy and apathy...we want to be alive yet we feel dead, we want to be in the arms of a lover yet we are in the jaws of haters....but tommorow will be my day.
    wow this is kewl--thanksP.

uhm yer welcome..sorry about the typos, I am going to work on that. I would hate to go out and see you folks going oh man it's so sad that CPRB guy with the typos....so nice yet I never knew what he was saying..soo I gotta stick around a lil longer....

BruisedRoses's Avatar Junior Member

Never justified. Selfish and stupid, althought sometimes temtping. Especially, well... maybe unless you have nothing or no one. "It's what people do, stay alive for each other." -The Hours. Which is very doubtful. Plus it is totally fucking weak. Just suck it up and adopt a fucking cat. Kitties need love. Not that kind of love though, the giving him a rat for devouring kind... You know what I mean, right?

I dont want to, but suicide seems to be becoming more and more tempting each day.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    I dont want to, but suicide seems to be becoming more and more tempting each day.
    that's bullshit.... try taking your life in your hands instead of giving it away

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    How?
    It's up to you to realise how.... If I would run around and try to help everyone, where would I be....

For begining write your self your life goal on paper.... then start writing ways to it.... as manny you get, more posibility to succed you have.....

Then...... Start realising it......

P.S. Just don't kill your family =) and if you need advice feel fre to pm me.....

yeah like I said there is nothing really worth dying for in this world except your valuse thatyou would fight to live for. I know sometimes life can be hard I know at 27 I now realize I know very little but what I do know I know well, I think i may have said that before. but serioulsy everyone goes through hell. Sometimes when it rains it's a fucking tidal wave. but ther are answers and solutions to everything, some might be scary but the wieght your feeling now will be gone once you makea choice, sometimes that thing you think is fear is excitemtn at the new possibilities in life. Nothing is forever, be it realtionships, living sitautions, health problems, heart probles....I guess relatioship is the same thing. But whatever it is CAPR DIEM if your life is shit the person to blame is you and always expect and demand teh best from yourself and when you fuck it up have the common sense to laugh, and always think thinka hout everyword and everyact you do alwasy be accountable for who you are and how you act. Like a close person to me once said as the held me in a semi comatose state....the only person you truly have is yo and in the edn all you have is you so make YOU th best there is and and all the good will follow..it's true..and patience is a virtue. To all those out there feeling like you can't go on *HUG* yeah you can. Just look for the crack in the dorr fram and go for it...move away from home....concentarte and devote your time to your interest....plus I think this is the only room where I am sure you could find more then one person who has a horror story I am sure if we wanted we could all tell some good ones...

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    It's up to you to realise how.... If I would run around and try to help everyone, where would I be....

For begining write your self your life goal on paper.... then start writing ways to it.... as manny you get, more posibility to succed you have.....

Then...... Start realising it......

P.S. Just don't kill your family =) and if you need advice feel fre to pm me.....
    I'm glad to see you reach out Olix--
    I've felt this way myself several times..I learned that just laying down and going to sleep for the night works..tommorrow morning you will see things so different and be glad you are still here..P.

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    yeah like I said there is nothing really worth dying for in this world except your valuse thatyou would fight to live for. I know sometimes life can be hard I know at 27 I now realize I know very little but what I do know I know well, I think i may have said that before. but serioulsy everyone goes through hell. Sometimes when it rains it's a fucking tidal wave. but ther are answers and solutions to everything, some might be scary but the wieght your feeling now will be gone once you makea choice, sometimes that thing you think is fear is excitemtn at the new possibilities in life. Nothing is forever, be it realtionships, living sitautions, health problems, heart probles....I guess relatioship is the same thing. But whatever it is CAPR DIEM if your life is shit the person to blame is you and always expect and demand teh best from yourself and when you fuck it up have the common sense to laugh, and always think thinka hout everyword and everyact you do alwasy be accountable for who you are and how you act. Like a close person to me once said as the held me in a semi comatose state....the only person you truly have is yo and in the edn all you have is you so make YOU th best there is and and all the good will follow..it's true..and patience is a virtue. To all those out there feeling like you can't go on *HUG* yeah you can. Just look for the crack in the dorr fram and go for it...move away from home....concentarte and devote your time to your interest....plus I think this is the only room where I am sure you could find more then one person who has a horror story I am sure if we wanted we could all tell some good ones...
    I meant to say cprb- yes I am one of those who can tell 'horror stories'- I've had bipolar episodes--thanks also to you for reaching (at least trying to ) out to the people here- it's up to them to listen you and Olix and maybe someone like me...but yes - my friend - your spelling SUCKS!!
    P.

Does LA make people want to die? Pollution + pressure + stress +heat = DEATH!!!

yeah I know, I go way to fast when I type I am so sorry..I will REALLY try and slow down and concentrate more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus
    Does LA make people want to die? Pollution + pressure + stress +heat = DEATH!!!
    Oh no N. that's no it..Actually there's far less pollution now than when I was in grammar school- I recall around 1 pm in the playground--my eyes would start to water/itch..
    And there's far less heat than you'd think--
    No- N. LA turns us into horny lechs who drool after young tasty beings.. flee while you are lucky..
    P.

+ Reply to Thread