+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you do to stay fit?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default What do you do to stay fit?

So odds are good that we all spend some time in front of the computer. In the interests of not becoming blobs with tendrils to work the mouse and keyboard, sometimes we sadly have to get off the machine and move around a bit.

What do you do to stay fit?

Default Re: What do you do to stay fit?

just move around enought to burn all the calories... don't eat pig's because of heavy type of fat they have... drink lot's of liquid... take a walk instead of drive... take stairs instead of elevator and... YES lot's of sex helps too

one old scool trick is to mix apple vinegar and honey and drink it at the morning you won't feel hunger almost all day

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    just move around enought to burn all the calories... don't eat pig's because of heavy type of fat they have... drink lot's of liquid... take a walk instead of drive... take stairs instead of elevator and... YES lot's of sex helps too

one old scool trick is to mix apple vinegar and honey and drink it at the morning you won't feel hunger almost all day
    Wouldn't apple vinegar and honey have tons of sugar and calories?

true... but you've heard the fact that apple vinegar breaks fat calories in your body which makes you go down in weight faster and honey provides enough energy to make your weight loss healthy honey has 36 (more/less) types of diferent sugar in it

anyway I'm not concerned about sugar if you don't mix fat and proteines with it

try to not mix proteines, sugar and fat in one meal... or one day

you can eat as much sugar you want unless you take fat or proteines with it.... then is bad or oposite

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

I have this job thing which is 12 hour shifts of physical labor. I lift weights on my days off. Plus I have two pitbulls that I run with every chance I can get. I'd say I'm in fairly good shape.

Sometimes I walk around my neighborhood, which is a fairly long walk. Probably around two miles, sometimes I walk it twice a day. I like to skate also. And I tend to avoid junk and fattening foods.

Sara X's Avatar lizard breath

install a pole in your home. i'm totally serious. it will kick your ass. eat lots of salads, and less dairy. if you cut dairy out of your diet you'd be amazed how much weight you can lose. oh, and don't eat if you're not hungry. that's one of my bad habits i have to desperately try to curb.
    Last edited by Sara X; 07-30-2006 at 12:39 PM. Reason: ug no understand keyboard.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i used to walk around all the time and have lots of fat burning sex. now i just sit around and have a beer belly. its not from beer tho; one of the side effects of the medication im on is weight gain. id love to lose at least some of the weight from my middle.

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

I play basketball and lift weights, but unfortunantly i have done niether of those in a while. Also going to shows is garunteed workout!

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by Sara X
    install a pole in your home. i'm totally serious. it will kick your ass. eat lots of salads, and less dairy. if you cut dairy out of your diet you'd be amazed how much weight you can lose. oh, and don't eat if you're not hungry. that's one of my bad habits i have to desperately try to curb.
    that's the problem, i'm always hungry. If I had food i'd be eating it all the time. that's why I don't keep any food stocked up, I just go to the store and buy food for one meal or a day or two. that and i'm a real cheap ass that hate's spending money on food most of all.

After too many years of a job with 8 to 12 hours a day in front of a computer I have finally decided to rework the body a bit. According to the doctor snaking and moving are the keys.

Every 2 hours I am meant to eat something. Obviously healthier snacks are better but anything to keep the metabolism running. Just by doing this with cheese and crackers and truely minimal excercise I have lost about 10 lbs, but I need to get a better variety of snacks to keep it going.

For actual excercise. That is the tricky one. I used to bicycle everywhere, go out to clubs and drink and dance twice a week, have phy ed in college and do a little wieght stuff with friends. Now if I am feeling spunky I walk around the office building on smoke breaks and work out on the weekends.

I love taking Capoeira, but my schedule only lets me get to the class about once a week. I think that is the big trick though. Every time I miss a class I am bumbed. Every time I don't practice it makes me sad. It is excercise I want to do instead of excercise I have to do. It';s hard to find but great when you do it.

The other thing is finding easy stuff. Not easy workoutwise nessisarily, but easy to get too. I don't touch my weights because I have to dig them out every time, find space and put them back. However I will do push ups because all I have to do is throw out a towel and do them. Sure I only do 6 of them, but something is better than nothing.

Then again, I am not staying fit as much as trying to get fit and still be lazy. It is a very difficult balaning act but very rewarding if I can pull it off. I may need to price one of them poles Sara recomended.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

well aside from working a sweat box, or even when I was dancing as an occupation, every week I go to disney. whne I was in LA I went to Disneyland EVERY SUNDAY and Magic Mountain every Saturday. Lost 6 pants sizes in two months. Now I only get two days off every two weeks so every otehr tuesday I go to Disney World and take in three parks in 12 hrs, one of those being EPCOT, which is 300 acres. So yeah. did you know that back and fourth between Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain 12 times is 10 miles?

K

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

My vanity keeps me fit

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

heh i lost all my "baby protection" fat over the past 3 months being so sick... not the healthiest way of losing weight... but the weird thing is, when i weighed myself at the DR i expected to be way less than the last time... then i was up to 171!! i was like OMG!! that cant be right...

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I like to walk a lot. Beyond that, I get gym memberships sometimes. I just joined one so I'll be on the stairmaster. I probably do it as much for the endorphin rush, however. I don't lift weights regularly. I need to keep up the cardio this school year. It's easy to slack off and eat convenience food when you're away from home all day. I end up feeling lethargic.

OEC

PS As far as staying slim, I've found caffeine and nicotine effective. Gotta stop that tho.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I do nothing. I mean I get a work out at work, and I walk alot, but with my new schedule at work, If I'm not at work, I'm alseep. It's a really long shift(7pm-4am, or 8pm-5am). I can only pull it off three days a week. I am exauhsted on my days off. I do absolutely nothing extra other than work, since I almost always have pulled muscles, or craploads of bruises(like right now). I'm so tired on my days off, I don't even have the energy to cook. so I order out alot. It's a vicious cycle that I need to stop. Not because I'm getting fat, but because it's expensive, and I could be getting more nutrients/better protiens at home if I cooked..... I just feel like a zombie on my days off. I need to find a healthy way to get more energy. I feel sluggish and run down alot lately. I don't want to satrt drinking coffee again, and yerba mate doesn't work on me. any suggestions? I want to start feeling healthy again......

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I've been thinking about getting a mountain bike again and scheduling to ride up in the hills a couple times a week. There are some great trails near here that I wouldn't mind checking out. Problem is that I need more upper body work and swimming is boring.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I've been thinking about getting a mountain bike again and scheduling to ride up in the hills a couple times a week. There are some great trails near here that I wouldn't mind checking out. Problem is that I need more upper body work and swimming is boring.
    I've found the ellipticals and cross trainers to be effective. The only drawback is that you're inside.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    I've found the ellipticals and cross trainers to be effective. The only drawback is that you're inside.

OEC

I actually have some pretty good equiptment at home, I just pretty much never use it.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    I do nothing. I mean I get a work out at work, and I walk alot, but with my new schedule at work, If I'm not at work, I'm alseep. It's a really long shift(7pm-4am, or 8pm-5am). I can only pull it off three days a week. I am exauhsted on my days off. I do absolutely nothing extra other than work, since I almost always have pulled muscles, or craploads of bruises(like right now). I'm so tired on my days off, I don't even have the energy to cook. so I order out alot. It's a vicious cycle that I need to stop. Not because I'm getting fat, but because it's expensive, and I could be getting more nutrients/better protiens at home if I cooked..... I just feel like a zombie on my days off. I need to find a healthy way to get more energy. I feel sluggish and run down alot lately. I don't want to satrt drinking coffee again, and yerba mate doesn't work on me. any suggestions? I want to start feeling healthy again......
    "normal people" don't understand how much that fucking takes out of you... my boyfriend tells me that i'm just lazy because he works 14 hour days, but 8 hours of dancing, even twice an hour for 15-20 mins at a time is a really big fucking stress, not to mention dealing with politics and trying to "hustle". i was working a TWELVE hour shift every night when i first started, because i didn't know any better. now i have fluid on my knees, but even with that i was pulling a six or eight hour shift at least five nights a week, up until LAST WEEK. so i've been doing this for over a year now. i still feel like i've been hit by a steamroller. i'm glad i'm not the only one who gets this way.

/end hijack-rant

I actually have some pretty good equiptment at home, I just pretty much never use it.
    You just need to find a way to install that pole you got

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

well, in the last 2 years, I've lost about 80 lbs, so going from 350 to 270 is pretty nice, mostly it was from eating at a regular time. And when I was in Europe I never had a need for a car and most everything was in walking distance. I can't do that here in Kansas though. It fucking sucks. I can use the gym at my school, but I can't get there.So I'm gonna start gaining the wait I worked so hard to lose. I can't walk anywhere since there's a lot of traffic and no fucking sidewalks.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    You just need to find a way to install that pole you got

I'm not sure watching hotties dance in my livingroom is going to do much more for me than perhaps increase my circulation, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

I'm not sure watching hotties dance in my livingroom is going to do much more for me than perhaps increase my circulation, but I'm willing to give it a shot.
    but think of the photographic opportunities....

but think of the photographic opportunities....
    To be honest, the thought had crossed my mind.

I'm just not certain it would help me get in shape in any way. I'm still suffering from re-cracking one of my ribs last week on a stripper poll in the back of a party bus. Well, it was either that or the jungle gym at the cemetary park. I'm not really sure which it was, I was pretty drunk.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

I currently work at a store where I have to unload a truck every night and put stuff up on the shelves. I also walk EVERYWHERE and when I get back home, Im gonna be doing more walking than I do here cus i gotta go job hunting all over again. urgh.

DARKGYM's Avatar King of the night

My job itself is pretty physical. I also try to go to the gym and lift weights 5 times a week, though that doesn't always happen. ugh. I also do alot of walking to where ever I'm going.
    Last edited by DARKGYM; 07-31-2006 at 09:25 AM. Reason: argued with the keyboard...the keyboard won

"normal people" don't understand how much that fucking takes out of you... my boyfriend tells me that i'm just lazy because he works 14 hour days, but 8 hours of dancing, even twice an hour for 15-20 mins at a time is a really big fucking stress, not to mention dealing with politics and trying to "hustle". i was working a TWELVE hour shift every night when i first started, because i didn't know any better. now i have fluid on my knees, but even with that i was pulling a six or eight hour shift at least five nights a week, up until LAST WEEK. so i've been doing this for over a year now. i still feel like i've been hit by a steamroller. i'm glad i'm not the only one who gets this way.

/end hijack-rant
    since i have friends who are professional dancers (the other type- in dance companies) i can well imagine that working at clubs can be just a grueling. they make shit for money, but it's offset by health coverage that includes massage, chiropractic, and other sports injury type stuff... of course they wouldn't need that stuff as much if they weren't constantly being asked to do the humanly impossible 8 hours a day.... shit, i have one friend who has to ice down her knees before, and after every performance, you can actually see the steam rise off them too

...dancing whether it's ballet, or at a strip club, is tough, tough, tough....

...personally i walk everywhere. i used to do kung fu 8 hours a day back when i wasn't working... fun, but pointless.

and damn, Forrest's post reminded me of how much i miss riding my bike. when i was a kid that was my favorite thing... i'd be off on my bike all day long, i'd ride every where... *sigh*

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

i try my best to do sit ups & crunches every night. but thats it really.
    when i'm in school for some reason i'm never hungry.
    summer however turns me into a pudgy little girl. cause all i do is sit here & eat. its horrible

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

Hmm... well, it's not the best way
    but it seems to have worked for me...
    get cancer, have it removed, lay
    in a hospital bed for half a year,
    choking down hospital food..
    getting released to live on an island
    with no other transport than boots...
    move off the fucking island back into
    the city (YAY) to a third floor apartment
    with still no other transport than boots.

Plus the fact that if Muse thought I was
    a bit lecherous before... the surgery did
    nothing to slow me down... actually just
    the opposite.. with the increase of testosterone
    even the crack of dawn isn't safe around here.

So between the sex, walking every
    place, more sex, more walking, 4 liters of
    helly strong coffee-flavoured coffee every day,
    lots of sushi and Thai (no local delivery -
    more walking), tons of water... I'm actually
    back down to my competitive fighting weight,
    which a back injury was responsible for the
    gain to begin with... so no UFC in the near
    future.

Recumbent bike 30 mins/~9 miles every day; kettlebell, COC grippers and pushups every other day.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Walk a couple of miles everyday to and from work, and yet I still drink and obscene amount of beer. Kinda defeats the pourpose of all that walking don't it.

kettlebells ROCK!!

i should totally go and get a degree in sports medicine or some such, so i can just work out all the time... get super ripped... then go nuts, and flip out like a ninja

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

haha dont forget the Tshirt ninja hood soo funny..

Poppy's Avatar Member

Mostly I do push ups and a random set of yoga poses in the morning and once it cools off I ride my bike for 20-30 minutes. Its not great, but it helps to keep from putting more weight on.

I saw Bulshit episode on tv about diets... anyone saw it?
    they say diets are bullshit (should we believe them?)

SatansLittleHelper's Avatar Junior Member

I am an elite athlete i do ballroom dancing competetivly and am currently 2nd internationaly and 2nd in Queensland, australia.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

sadley best I do is 12oz curles

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by a_small_death
    sadley best I do is 12oz curles
    you rule. I'm currently doing 32oz curls..........

i was thinking of taking up paint ball... not sure what kind of workout that gives, but it'll come in handy when i buy that new trench coat...

(kidding folks, kidding.)

+ Reply to Thread