+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opinion Review: The Crow Wicked Prayer

Default Opinion Review: The Crow Wicked Prayer

Ok..i love the original Crow with Brandon Lee...and i give all things Crow a shot..even though i usually dont dig sequals of anything.
    James O' Barr created one of the best comic characters and a good story line to boot.
    Although the Crow 2: City of Angels nearly wasnt as good as the original, it still wasnt bad for an attempt...

My problem however..is i just watched the Crow: Wicked Prayer.
    Ok..if nobodies ever seen this movie, i suggest not to start if you are a fan of the series. If you plan on watching it, just letting you know
    ****SPOILERS BELOW***

Lemme vent for a minute.
    .......*deep breathes*.......

WHAT THE FUCK. alright.. lets see..
    The setting: A indian tribe sacred land.

First it starts out showing 3 of the 4 satanic gang members, who all call themselves the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
    David Boreanaz (Angel, Buffy) plays the main villian, Death. Tito Ortiz (UFC) plays Famine. And the all partying Tara Reid plays Deaths Girlfriend.
    Edward Furlong plays the Crow this time around. Who by the way i enjoy as a actor...but he tries way to hard to be "creepy goth" (you've all seen kids that try too hard..you know what im talking about)

After Death and his gang kill Ed's girlfriend and taking out her eyes, they kill Edward as well. The party on opium, and the raven ressurects Ed.
    Seeking vengence on the 4 Horsemen, he takes them out one by one..but first..the makeup.
    Yep..as all favorite mall goths would praise for, he uses none other than...a Sharpie. Yes..a ball...point...sharpie.
    First rule of vengeful ghost crimefighting action....invest in your girlfriends makeup bag.

Anyways, he takes them out one by one, Death tried to become the antichrist..and it can only be done by non other than Dennis Hopper...a ghetto talking Dennis named el Nino. A satanic pimp. Fur coat and all. Most memorable quote "Well, all wicked-ass props to you Mr. O.G. and thanks for representing all the homeys." It's quite entertaining..

So anywho, while all this is happening Ed's girl (with the missing eyes) father is a head cheif indian...played by Danny Trejo...ok..i can see a little indian in him..but ive never seen an indian tribe that is dressed in blue doorags and gangster clothes..and have tattoo's of the virgin mary on them..
    Yes..a mexicano indian tribe i guess!

It basically ends with the Crow killing Death and being reunited with his loved one..
    Ok..lets recap.. Theres a gang...who kills two lovers...a girl gets her eyes cut out...the crow is ressurected...revenge one by one...1st kill is laid out in a a fire crow...kills the villian..is reunited...hrrmmm...sounds vaguely familiar

Anyways..out of a score of 10... this gets a -4
    Just my opinion.
    .....*exhales*.....

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: Opinion Review: The Crow Wicked Prayer

yeah its kind of like the other crow movies, only all of the other ones (even the third one, which i actually enjoyed, because it had somewhat of an interesting twist) where better executed.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

The original Crow was all James O' Barr , the movie was something different.

i hear rumors of a 5th one being passed around with James actually having something to do with it, and supposed to be a female this go around. i hope (if it's ever executed) that it IS with James' supervision..and a female lead would be a breathe of fresh air.
    *edit* if it is done..who would you like to see as the female lead??

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

ah geez i just got hte butt end of the The Crow Wicked Prayer on scifi one day
    just the end was enough for me. first off i'm not too crazy about tara reid & really it just seemed lame.

I loved the first cos that's the best movie ever; and I guess the 2nd and 3rd were quite good BUT the crew of the WP should have not waste their money and time on making this motion picture. They're just not good at (re-)making (copying?) cult movies. Okay, being not-that-talented is not a crime. But calling this movie 'The Crow - blablabla' is: its not a sequel, its just a movie with a bird and lots of blood. Kinda like the National Geograpchic channel...

If Death was killed then what happened to the rest of the universe? I hope Bruce Willis came and saved them, the director just cut hat part out... Btw, why do people always think of Death as a wicked guy? For some people its salvation... and definetely doesn't look like Buffy's exboyfriend without fangs, lol

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by Ma_petite
    I loved the first cos that's the best movie ever; and I guess the 2nd and 3rd were quite good BUT the crew of the WP should have not waste their money and time on making this motion picture. They're just not good at (re-)making (copying?) cult movies. Okay, being not-that-talented is not a crime. But calling this movie 'The Crow - blablabla' is: its not a sequel, its just a movie with a bird and lots of blood. Kinda like the National Geograpchic channel...

If Death was killed then what happened to the rest of the universe? I hope Bruce Willis came and saved them, the director just cut hat part out... Btw, why do people always think of Death as a wicked guy? For some people its salvation... and definetely doesn't look like Buffy's exboyfriend without fangs, lol
    honey we stll havent got an intro thread from you...please do

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

I was wondering how that one was. i didnt really gid the secind one but kinda liked the htird one without the music in it-the music to it sucked. And I can't believe danny trejo is in it. he's a bad ass actor.

xOutxOfxStepx's Avatar Junior Member

Which one is it that has Iggy Pop in it?

Quote Originally Posted by xOutxOfxStepx
    Which one is it that has Iggy Pop in it?
    the second, City of Angels... he plays Curve

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

author intervention doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna be a good film. Look at what happened with Queen of the Damned, Anne Rice had something to do with that piece of trash. But I'm sure O'Barr can do something decent if they're going to make a 5th one.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    author intervention doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna be a good film. Look at what happened with Queen of the Damned, Anne Rice had something to do with that piece of trash. But I'm sure O'Barr can do something decent if they're going to make a 5th one.
    personally I liked queen of the Damned,as just a movie. As long as I dont think about or compare it to the book then it's a good flick.

however I wont watch any of the new Crows I loved the first one too much.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

well, if you have the special two disc edition of thecrow, youll find out that james really had little say in the movie until brandon came along and said it should be like the book. they were tossing around ideas right in front of him like making it musical and having micheal jackson as the crow.

i used to think that iggy pop could make anything better... and that i could watch mia kirshner in anything. that other crow movie proved me wrong...

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

oh geez me
    Queen of the Damned. my favorite book.
    i was so SO anxious about the movie

then i saw it.
    (although i do think aaliyah did a pretty nifty job. same for Stuart Townsend.)

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

the first crow movie is on my list of films that seem really awesome the first time you see them, but with each consecutive viewing it becomes apparently lamer and harder to take seriously. some others on that list inlcude The Matrix and american history X.

Edward Furlong was good in "Terminator 2" and "Pecker", but he makes a horrible tough guy.

+ Reply to Thread