+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do opposites really attract?

Mother Superior

Default Do opposites really attract?

In my situation, we are extremely alike. There are some differences of course but not many. Do you feel the people you have dated were exactly like you or not? Sometimes I think if you are too alike, you tend to see yourself in eachother. I feel it's a positive thing because you then see how you are and that therefore brings self-awareness.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: Do opposites really attract?

ha...well..the chick i'm with now is pretty much the opposite of me in every way...

she's money-driven,tanning bed addicted,bleach blonde haired the whole shibang,and I think she's awesome,hah,puts a smile on my face and is definatly way to damn beutiful to be with a guy like me..

this does happen to me every so often...and in general i do think yes opposites can be very attracted,but i've been with people very similar as well..and honestly...for me...i don't like it much..and those relationships didn't work out as good.maybe the combination of personality traits that would be similar between us would make some kinda Witch's brew of Disaster or something,hah..

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I think the opposite more is Intruigeing rather than necessarily attractive. the opposites between me and rob? anatomy.

K

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

my exboyfriend/best friend was my complete opposite. & sometimes i feel like i still click better with him than i do with my current boyfriend

he hates tattoos. thinks most of the females i find gorgeous, ugly. he hates hair dye. finds make up whorrible. he doesnt even really listen to music. doesnt get the point of it. he's an odd guy
    he's also a little bossy, and impatient. he has the highest set of morals i've ever seen in my life too

while i love all that jazz. & i'm insanely patient & not bossy at all
    & for morals. heh. yeah, blah i dont care

yet now my boyfriend & i have a lot in common

but i still find myself missing the ex.
    so blargy

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

not for me. the opposite of me would probably be that damn anne coulter chick, and I want to strangle her every time I see her smug face.

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

i keep on attracting vegetarians and vegans but im a more of a carnivour.
    maybe they can smell the meat on me, and subconciously feel the need to be near me to absorb my meaty goodness they are missing out on

nah dude, you're deluding yourself, vegan chicks are just hot, and you're horny.

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

UUmmm I couldn't stand to date someone who had my attitude and perspective but I do enjoy girls who have alot of similiar tastes. There has to be some common ground otherwise I just loose intrest.

Well, the way I feel it, the more the other is like myself, the less there is to argue about and the more there is to agree upon. The less friction, the better, unless it is completely parallell, which of course is creppy but is a tad difficult to come by.

Poppy's Avatar Member

My husband and I have lots in common most of the time. But there are times when it feels like we are the exact opposite of each other and might kill each other because of it. I agree with Keiko about it being more intruigeing.

xviolentxdelightx's Avatar Junior Member

In my experiences they do.
    It gives you excuses to have jokey-petty arguments
    then make-up afterwards
    =]
    x

+ Reply to Thread