+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blade Runne-huh?

Default Blade Runne-huh?

so i just found this after surfing aimlessly around youtube for hours... (stephen colbert clips made my week)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5r_dGz44gQ&NR

it's a live re-scoring of the movie blade runner, which at first sounds absurd since vangelis did such an awesome score (although he eventualy redid it too.)

Zan Lyons seems to be the fella who did this, and personally i think it's fucking awesome. he did live for some festival, and then re-edited it for the clip.

enjoy.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: Blade Runne-huh?

its good, not as good as the original score. The original wokred soo well with the movie.

yeah, i don't think it's meant to replace the original. it's a performance, kind of a way to re-interpert the film... which i find an interesting idea...

i think they did this with metropolis too, not so long ago... since it's a silent film, it's less of a stretch...

huh... and if my often faulty memory serves, the kronos quartet, and philip glass (or maybe it was only one of them) did this with the bela legosi dracula too....

yes Phillip Glass did it with Dracula, but that was because the original Universal Studios Dracula didnt have an orchestral soundtrack, the older version have no music, which in a way makes it creepier.

Type O Negative did it for Nosferatu, and it sucked

Im toying with the idea of doing an old school insudtrial soundtrack for Metropolis and distrubiting it for free over the net (its public domain so i can do that)

tthat would be awesome Kidthorzine... especially if you did a live performance.

ehh im kinda not into live performaces of that sort of thing because theres no way i can afford the analog equipment that i would need, or even enough MIDI equipment. and i dont want to be one of those newer electronicbands that just puts all thier crap on a DAT tape and calls it a 'live performance. Of course if i had the means i would try to pull it off but at the moment ill be happy to get it done and out there, as its currently just an idea that ive been kicking around in my head, and im still trying to find the best print i can to do it. Not to mention that its like 2 1.2 hours and writing that much continous music isnt going to be easy by any means.

well fuck warner bros. up the ass for being cockhappy copyright whores...

...they had this vid removed... dude wasn't making any money off of it, and infact it helped spark some new interest in a movie i hadn't thought about in a while, so they should be pleased with the attention. corprate twats!!! (not to mention i loathe the directors cut, which is all i can find anymore...)

fuck them.

+ Reply to Thread