+ Reply to Thread

Thread: are you a moron? follow this link to watch a video about it on youtube to find out.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default are you a moron? follow this link to watch a video about it on youtube to find out.

seriously. it's the new *******, only instead of people posting pointless callow shit that is a waste of space in pictures and bad music, it's just a bunch of pictures that are shown really fast to appear as a moving image and bad music.

and why is it that every website is two, often redundant, words meant to form a clause with inproper grammer usage? I guess it's just inherrant in the internet as exampled in the words "webpage" and "internet".

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

Default Re: are you a moron? follow this link to watch a video about it on youtube to find out.

you need to find the right side of the bed :P thats one random rant.

Default Re: are you a moron? follow this link to watch a video about it on youtube to find out.

yeah sorry for all the agro, i'm just being bombarded with pop culture right now. I need to take a time out from the web.

Scott's Avatar Senior Member

sadly, you will be bombarded with pop culture anywhere you go.
    if you are lucky.. you might be able to find a quiet alleyway where you will only be bombarded with sub-pop culture.

Nonamepunk's Avatar Hip-Hop Anonymous

We cant control The pop culture....The internet is a fierce beast in which it cant be tamed.....arrggg.....I love youtube...... I watch family guy episodes on it.....but as far as the crap people put up of nothing i just ignore it........hopefully ...they dont dilute real content on you tube... endless music video's is a plus........but ya......it will be another My s p a c 3 . arggghh.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

besides sadly in this day and age without pop culture the economy would probably take a big hit....not that I care

that brings to mind oen bit of pointless BS that I really DO like. wikipedia. I just think that it's really amusing that anyone can go on there and say anything, but it claims to be some kind of source of credible knowledge and people actually think that is is factual. you'll have college kids citing it on thier thesis. I don't know why I would be in favor of collectively making people dumber, but I do like the idea that I can make up anything and people will listen to me.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

thats true about wikipedia, however it is monitored by ubernerds who usually correct bad information within like 5-10 minutes. Of course they miss quite a bit so it still isnt really that reliable, and if i was a college prof, i would deduct points from papers that cited wikipedia as a source.

well i did find a really kool guy on a link site that does art with spray cans of paint ,
    i mean some wicked shyt too..and im not talkin graffiti on a wall..

but pop cult is every where.......

what makes art less valid when it's done on a wall? in fact, I think it's better if it's done on a wall. I understand that most people are completely alienated from urban youth and think that nothing positive or at least meaningful can come from it.. but that was always the point with grafitti, it was saying it's my neighborhood and I am going to make it look the way I want to, and I don't need to suck dick and have rich snobs sitting around in a loft drinking wine to make art. it's pretty funny so many people consider grafitti to be just mindless vandalism, but I never hear anyone objecting to advertising propaghanda that is put up everywhere withour our permission, if we are just going to put ugly shit up everywhere, i'd rather have something that at least was created by a human being and is at some level and expression of themself.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Re: are you a moron? follow this link to watch a video about it on youtube to find ou

Unfortunatly, if you look around, the only culture America has is Pop Culture... oh and cowboys. Our heritage is Hollywood. Tubeyou Spacemy Interweb. Right up there with Vogue and MTV especally now that being the Geek is popular. They've covered everything else and now they have to take our video games and our anime and censor everything for kids and make it available to the general public and the lowest common denominator. Oh and it helps if you stud it with rhinestones. Then the Gansta wannabes and the Paris Hilton wannabes will eat it up.

They've taken my refuges one by one, the bookstores, the libraries, the comic shops, the gaming stores and now the internet. They've even soiled Hello Kitty. Her new slogan is (and i'm not making it up) "Think happy thoughts....and boys will buy you diamonds". http://shop.sanrio.com/product_info.php?products_id=744

It's a damn good thing I don't have a gun.

K

Nonamepunk's Avatar Hip-Hop Anonymous

The bling bling era needs too end.

<table width="320"><tr><td align="center"><embed name="RAOCXplayer" src="http://www.bofunk.com/*******/3547.asx" type="application/x-mplayer2" width="320" height="300" ShowControls="1" ShowStatusBar="0" loop="true" EnableContextMenu="0" DisplaySize="0" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/">
    </td></tr><tr><td align="center"><font color="red" size="2"><a href="http://www.bofunk.com" target="_new">Video and Code Provided by BoFunk.com</a></font></td></tr></table>

+ Reply to Thread